Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Keurig, anyone else addicted ??

Do you have an occasional issue where you have to rest the maker (stops working) ?

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default IMHO

Worst coffee in the world
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

With the available selection I don't see how you can say that ??

Spyder Garage

Default Our Keurig...

...has not had that issue after three years. Of course, we only drink less than 10 cups a day and it "rests" overnight. I wouldn't want to be without two of our counter top appliances... our Keurig Keurig.jpg and our Ninja Blender NinjaBlender.jpgalthough the individual blade for the single cup is sorta grinding and grating on the gears when we use it...

Ryde, eat, sleep.... repeat

2019 Spyder RT Limited Pearl White/Dark
    LaMonster drink holder with X-Grip
    LaMonster Belt Dampener
    Lamonster USB cable with extension

Variously called Stormtrooper, Pearl, and Goober by wife and various (friends?)

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Well

Quote Originally Posted by Saluda View Post
    Kind of reminds me of an old can of folgers stale coffee, no matter what the flavor, old coffee!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

I agree. It's my gf that drinks coffee, so I can't tell a good from a bad cup. In any case, we haven't had that problem with our Keurig. You aren't talking about if you let the water run down too low, and then fill it, and have to wait for 'ready to brew' message, are you?

Spyder Garage

My wife uses the Nespresso, similar to Keureg. It has held up well.

Personally I don't like coffee at all, so I can't say what tastes better. To me it is like comparing the flavor of different kinds of used motor oil.
    Jim

2013 ST-S (wife's)
    2015 BMW R1200GS (mine)
    1981 Yamaha XS400 Scrambler Custom (mine)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Kind of reminds me of an old can of folgers stale coffee, no matter what the flavor, old coffee!
    Was the machine due for cleaning ?

Off topic, just read an article on a major name food processor (forgot it already) where they were seeing issues with the blade starting to shred metal. For those that have them.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    In any case, we haven't had that problem with our Keurig. You aren't talking about if you let the water run down too low, and then fill it, and have to wait for 'ready to brew' message, are you?
    No, a couple of times over the years it will not heat the water. Called the company and they put you through a reset process that takes care of the issue but was curious if others experienced this problem.

Spyder Garage

Every cup of out of my Keurig that I brew for myself is made with fresh ground coffee. I grind just enough for each cup with my burr grinder. Can't get any more fresh ground then that. Also help to save the planet by using a reusable K-cup.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Cant' help with the problem, but I love the coffee! I used to buy only whole beans and grind them, but the K-cups taste better to me now.

Spyder Garage

Default Don't know. ..!!

I drink one cup of coffee a day and it is instant freeze dried coffee at that. Now the wife goes through spells and we currently have both the Kureig and the Nespresso depending on what she is in the mood for. We have two single cup kurieg for the guests in our airbnb units and all have been great. We did wear the original unit out. Just made way too much noise and decieded it would judge the amount of coffee it would brew.. I do make an airated hot coffee that the wife likes best but again with that instant freeze dried coffee....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We've never had any problems with our Keurig...
    Although I must admit: we only use it for the hot cocoa, and other fancy flavored coffees...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Love Keurig for the convenience and now the selections of brand are huge.. but last week I bought a new toy to add to my coffee issue [emoji1] Nespresso..a cup above, just like the commercial. Awesome coffee and espresso..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Applause.gif That looks delicious!! Applause.gif
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default No Keurig for me....

Unless I want to start creating my own science projects. Yep Keurigs are better than petri dishes for growing "nasty" stuff....nope all that rinsing, flushing (if you bother to do it)...will not eliminate. So there you go. my humble opinion!!
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    Unless I want to start creating my own science projects. Yep Keurigs are better than petri dishes for growing "nasty" stuff....nope all that rinsing, flushing (if you bother to do it)...will not eliminate. So there you go. my humble opinion!!
    Don't diner coffee makers operate on the same principal ?
    If you want to go there I believe ice makers and commercial air conditioners are about the worse.
    Read an article about light switches and door knobs at a hotel or motel, that will scare you.
    You can also add humidifiers, you can go crazy if you worry or try to avoid it all.
    Last edited by Saluda; 12-19-2016 at 12:48 PM.

Spyder Garage

Don't diner coffee makers operate on the same principal ?
    If you want to go there I believe ice makers and commercial air conditioners are about the worse.
    Read an article about light switches and door knobs at a hotel or motel, that will scare you.
    You can also add humidifiers, you can go crazy if you worry or try to avoid it all.
    Also, total avoidance of germs and bacteria reduces your immunity to them, and your body's ability to defend itself.

Balance is key in all things.
    Jim

2013 ST-S (wife's)
    2015 BMW R1200GS (mine)
    1981 Yamaha XS400 Scrambler Custom (mine)

Spyder Garage

Default Bunn for me

I tried the Keurig over a year ago and it didn't work out. Ended up giving it to a family member. I thought I couldn't live without a Keurig so ran out and bought one then come to the conclusion that one cup at a time is to expensive when compared to the Bunn that I have had for about ten years. I make a pot of coffee every morning, 7 days a week. It is just not practical for me to do it one cup at a time. Also it can get expensive when compared to a regular coffee maker. I buy the large Folgers container at Sam's for 9 to 10 dollars and it makes 380 cups. 300 cups of Keurig would be over $200.00
    Plus I like the coffee the Bunn puts out. Hey, it's not the money (I'm not cheap I do ride a spyder after all.), If the Keurig fit my lifestyle I'd have kept it but for me it just didn't work.
    Stan
    Last edited by StanProff; 12-21-2016 at 03:46 PM.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Worst coffee in the world

THANKYOU!

And I thought I was the only one left on the planet that hated stale old coffee and land filling waste.

Real coffee makers do not use 'pods' Only Coffee beans and water (and milk if desired).

4372104_rd.jpg
    Last edited by jcthorne; 12-19-2016 at 02:17 PM.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

We have had our current Keurig for over five years. It gets used every day. I have two cups every day (on #2 now) and it gets used more on the weekends when Linda is here.

I always look for the "on sale this week" boxes of assorted coffee. I am not brand loyal--we use anything except for generic. They seem to be not as potent.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 12-19-2016 at 03:17 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=jcthorne;1210670]THANKYOU!

Real coffee makers do not use 'pods' Only Coffee beans and water (and milk if desired).

Huh, all these years I thought I was drinking real coffee, thanks. I'll ask you the same, did you ever clean the machine ?
    As far as recycling, I'm up there with the best of them (sorry if I don't do 100 %).
    Last edited by Saluda; 12-19-2016 at 03:15 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BilltheDiver View Post
    Cant' help with the problem, but I love the coffee! I used to buy only whole beans and grind them, but the K-cups taste better to me now.

Ditto

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Saluda;1210681]
    Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    THANKYOU!

Huh, all these years I thought I was drinking real coffee, thanks.

Looks like you were wrong

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Saluda;1210681]
    Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    THANKYOU!

Huh, all these years I thought I was drinking real coffee, thanks. I'll ask you the same, did you ever clean the machine ?
    As far as recycling, I'm up there with the best of them (sorry if I don't do 100 %).
    Don't forget the filter.