Spyder Garage

Default Passenger back rest

I'm in the market to buy a passenger back rest for my F3T and would like some feed back on what people are buying and how they like them. Thanks

Spyder Garage

The two from BRP are very nice.

The removable one is very solid and comfortable and takes less than a minute to remove it, it has security feature so that it can not be easily removed by a thief.

The semi/permanent one takes about 20 minutes to remove, but it is very adjustable and looks very nice.

you can't go wrong with either of the BRP ones, I have had both. NOTE: you cannot use BRP armrests with the semi Permanent one.

I don't know anything about the aftermarket ones.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

I put the Smooth Spyder backrest on my 2016 F3T. It is for the passenger or the driver. It is great and easly adjusted for either position, love it.
    2016 F3T Magnesium Metalic : Smooth Spyder Dual Backrest, Lamonster LED Head lights and Fog lights

Spyder Garage

Default Don't have one....

But your choices are growing...Smoothspyder is known to make great driver/passenger backrests and Bakersbuilt has a backrest for both as well as the rack. Then as mentioned above BRP has a couple. I have the oem on my RS but there were less choices back then and would have gone with the somoothspyer..... If you can find a group you may see some you can check out....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    The two from BRP are very nice.

The removable one is very solid and comfortable and takes less than a minute to remove it, it has security feature so that it can not be easily removed by a thief.

The semi/permanent one takes about 20 minutes to remove, but it is very adjustable and looks very nice.

you can't go wrong with either of the BRP ones, I have had both. NOTE: you cannot use BRP armrests with the semi Permanent one.

I don't know anything about the aftermarket ones.

Cruzr Joe

I am curious would this also accomadate the F3-S model. I wanted to get the driver BRP backrest

Spyder Garage

Default Passenger backrest

Here at Baker Built we have one for the driver and one for the passenger. However the passenger back rest mounts to our luggage rack so if you do not have our luggage rack the backrest will not work. The driver back rest works separately. They are both adjustable to a degree and are easily installed with no drilling. If you have any questions please feel free to email us at info@bakerbuilt.com or give us a call at 1-800-451-9464. Thank you!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ussoldier View Post
    I am curious would this also accomadate the F3-S model. I wanted to get the driver BRP backrest
    Yes it will work on the F3S, and you will really like it

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default Smooth Spyder Alternative?

Quote Originally Posted by warrensr View Post
    I'm in the market to buy a passenger back rest for my F3T and would like some feed back on what people are buying and how they like them. Thanks
    check out this site. Looks very similar to smoothspyder. Anyone using it?

http://www.siriusconinc.com/pro-deta...duct_id=122596

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gcclubs View Post
    check out this site. Looks very similar to smoothspyder. Anyone using it?

http://www.siriusconinc.com/pro-deta...duct_id=122596
    Shame on them!
    An identical Chinese knockoff. Sirius didn't even have the decency to change it up a bit.
    I get bombarded all the time from Chinese manufacturers wanting to make my parts cheap.
    I just can't go that route to build inferior parts to make more money, all my parts are made in the USA with American pride and integrity!

Spyder Garage

Default Backrest

Quote Originally Posted by capt.jim View Post
    Shame on them!
    An identical Chinese knockoff. Sirius didn't even have the decency to change it up a bit.
    I get bombarded all the time from Chinese manufacturers wanting to make my parts cheap.
    I just can't go that route to build inferior parts to make more money, all my parts are made in the USA with American pride and integrity!
    when I first saw the ad on eBay I assumed this was your backrest on sale used as it did look identical to yours. It was only after searching the vendors name did I realize it was a different item. I am assuming it is not made as well or with as good a quality of parts. I was just curious if anyone had actually seen one in person.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TexasSpyder View Post
    I put the Smooth Spyder backrest on my 2016 F3T. It is for the passenger or the driver. It is great and easly adjusted for either position, love it.
    I looked at the smooth spyder video and wasn't sure looking at the video that the back rest was well built.

Spyder Garage

Default Factory Backrest

I bought the factory backrest. Mainly due to the fact that I intended to keep my F3 100 % BRP. The dealer knocked off $150.00 but it was still a nice bite out of the wallet at $600. The wife loves it. She wouldn't ride if it wasn't on the bike.

Spyder Garage

Shame on them!
    Capt. Jim, So much for the "Patent Pending" that you so diligently pursued on your innovative backrest. I hope that people have good sensibility and realize that supporting the inventor/builder of an American made product is the right and likely best thing to do. The knock off does cost almost half as much as your product but I would assume that the attention to quality materials and support would be lacking in the copied product. I guess it also boils down to how safe you want your passenger to be and if the couple of hundred bucks for a possibly inferior product is worth not supporting a fellow American? Sorry to see this happened. Maybe you could have a lawyer look into the patent infringement issues and send Sirius a cease and desist request?

Spyder Garage

Shame on them!
    It shouldn't be a problem for you Jim......you constantly hear that public sentiment is that "we have to keep manufacturing in America", so there is no question that Americans will stand by their principles and buy the American made model, even though American manufacturing costs including quality materials mean they will cost a little more..........and that's not having a dig at just Americans, it happens in Oz, England etc etc etc.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Stopped by Jim's place at Smooth Spyder and checked out the backrest for my F3T. Great product bought one and installed it last weekend, easy install and my passenger loved it. Thanks Jim

Spyder Garage

Hi Warren
    Thanks for stopping by and glad your passenger loved it, makes my day!