SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Default Contest to win F4 Cleaner, Enter now

F4 Customs wants to hear from you! We are hosting a contest, all you have to do is tell us what you love about your F4 Customs windshield and post a picture to share with us! The winner will receive 3 bottles of F4 Cleaner and we will post his or her pictures and testimony to our website! Contest ends December 26th at midnight. We look forward to hearing from you, thank you for your participation!! Merry Christmas

Don't forget we have a 15% off sale right now.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Bummer...

I don't have one....... guess I'm out....
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

We have one, just recently purchased.

One word, CLARITY!

Two words, NO DISTORTION!

Three words, AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Photo when I pull it outside later today or tomorrow.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Default contest

Awsome
    Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    We have one, just recently purchased.

One word, CLARITY!

Two words, NO DISTORTION!

Three words, AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Photo when I pull it outside later today or tomorrow.

Spyder Garage

I just recently purchased the 21" tinted for my 2016 F3T. This is my second purchase from F4 Customs. I bought the stock/wide with vent for my 2015 RT Limited. Both shields are great in style and function. The wider shields keep the wind off my arms and elbows causing less jerking movement of the handlebars. I like the fact you can clean them with a paper towel and your choice of cleaner.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I purchased two F4 Customs windshield for my two Spyders. One windshield was purchased for my 2015 Spyder RT Limited and my second windshield for my current 2016 F3 Limited. My observations about F4 Customs. Don and his crew are great. My first windshield for my RT Limited was purchased at the 2015 Daytona Rally. I had one of Don's tech installed the windshield. I rode my Spyder with the new windshield for a day, came back and told Don that I did not like the windshield (due to the extra-large windshield). In my opinion, the windshield was too big, and I wanted a different windshield. Don did not argue at all, he told me not a problem and told me to try a second windshield. After riding with my new second windshield, I was satisfied that was the right windshield for my Spyder. F4 Customs customer service is the best. I am convinced that F4 Customs will stay in business for a long time, with the kind of customer service and quality of product they provide to us, Spyder owners. Thank you Don and your team and Merry Christmas.F4 Custom.jpgF4 Custom.jpg

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Default Customer Service

Your welcome! My father once told me "To be successful you must treat others as you want to be treated". We have adopted that motto in our company and it has served us well. Merry Christmas
    Don Frank of the F4 Team

Quote Originally Posted by wengerda View Post
    I purchased two F4 Customs windshield for my two Spyders. One windshield was purchased for my 2015 Spyder RT Limited and my second windshield for my current 2016 F3 Limited. My observations about F4 Customs. Don and his crew are great. My first windshield for my RT Limited was purchased at the 2015 Daytona Rally. I had one of Don's tech installed the windshield. I rode my Spyder with the new windshield for a day, came back and told Don that I did not like the windshield (due to the extra-large windshield). In my opinion, the windshield was too big, and I wanted a different windshield. Don did not argue at all, he told me not a problem and told me to try a second windshield. After riding with my new second windshield, I was satisfied that was the right windshield for my Spyder. F4 Customs customer service is the best. I am convinced that F4 Customs will stay in business for a long time, with the kind of customer service and quality of product they provide to us, Spyder owners. Thank you Don and your team and Merry Christmas.F4 Custom.jpgF4 Custom.jpg

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Default Cleaning the F4

Your so right! When it comes to cleaning our shields any cleaner is fine and just use paper towels. If steel wool won't scratch them paper towels don't have a chance. Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by KJWEB View Post
    I just recently purchased the 21" tinted for my 2016 F3T. This is my second purchase from F4 Customs. I bought the stock/wide with vent for my 2015 RT Limited. Both shields are great in style and function. The wider shields keep the wind off my arms and elbows causing less jerking movement of the handlebars. I like the fact you can clean them with a paper towel and your choice of cleaner.

Spyder Garage

I have a stock tinted on my 2014 RT-Ltd.
    I've also had a Tall Wide Vented Clear...

As has been said above,
    - Customer Service, Don picks up the phone when you call. If he's not available he always returns your call.
    - The Product, This is a good quality windshield, solid, excellent in the rain & great clarity (even better at night)!

Above all else my personal experience, traveling down the highway at around 70 mph, truck going the opposite way going about the same spits a decent size rock at me and smokes my F4 windshield. I'm telling you if it was the stock shield on my Spyder that rock would most likely have gone right through it and I may not be writing this today.
    These's a small chip in the windshield but no cracks. Totally Impressed!!!

Stock Tinted.jpgTall Wide Clear.jpg
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Default Contest

Keep those comments and pictures coming. We want to give away some cleaner!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by F4 Customs View Post
    Keep those comments and pictures coming. We want to give away some cleaner!
    The F4 and the rest of the Spyder, on a grocery getter run to the local farm stand for fresh produce.

Last edited by PMK; 12-18-2016 at 11:21 PM.

Spyder Garage

Saturday, one day at Epcot for the Christmas Candlelight Procession. Spyder, trailer and the new windscreen made for a fun trip for the wife and I. The oil leak is not from us, and the MM riding the Spyder seemed a cool shot for the Grandkids.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

great - love it

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I bought the F4 tall & wide at Spyderfest 2015 for my 2013 RT. I especially like the fact that it resists scratching during cleaning, and it keeps the wind off me.

I liked the F4 so much I kept it and put it on my 2014 RTS when I bought it a year ago and put the old windshield back on my 2013 to sell it. On the way home from SF 2015 the OEM windshield got roughed up by an all thread bouncing on it in my trailer. Even cleaning it up it still was a fair blemish. But the risk of it impeding the sale of my old RT wasn't enough to keep me from moving the F4 to my new ryde!

My dirty F4 at a hotel stop on my way home from Spyderfest 2016. Can you believe all that stuff? So much I need a luggage cart to haul it into the room! Yikes!

Nid & luggage cart.jpg

The blemish on the OEM windshield that didn't keep me from keeping the F4!

Windshiield blemish.jpg

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Default F4 Customs contest WINNER!!!!

And the winner is.....Purple Guy! Thank you to all who participated! It was great to read your awesome testimonies and see the great pictures of your Spyders! It was a tough decision, we opted to choose a couple other finalists- those who are finalists will be notified via private message. Again we want to thank all of you for participating! Have a safe and happy 2017!

Ride Safe-
    The F4 Customs Team

Spyder Garage

Thanks Don!

2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Purple Guy

Well I missed this thread but I have the tinted F4 and I love that it does not have any scratches on it!!! and it's distortion free and and and...

JT

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I missed this as well... So here are my 2 cents.

32" F4 on F3-S

Pros:

- Clarity. This is probably the best part. I don't ride looking through the shield, but in certain conditions I do.
    - Cleans easily. Compared to other shields I've had (aftermarket) I suspect this will weather better.

Trade offs:

- For that clarity you are sacrificing some performance. Spyders are a pain to get right with shields, and everyone is a bit different. The F4 doesn't have a knurl or lip at the top which means you might still get a lot of wind noise and buffeting/head shake at speed (At least I do). I've added the MRA-XScreen to the F4 and that solves the issue... Now I think I could have gotten away with a 28" instead of the 32"... as long as I keep the MRA-Xscreen as a spoiler. Again, this isn't a bad thing, because if there was a lip molded into the top edge of the F4, then it would impact the optical clarity... I wouldn't mind that personally as I usually am looking out over the shield anyway.

Suggestions:

- A 30" might be perfect for me if the 28 didn't work. Any plans to offer that size?
    - The mounting hardware is painted gloss black. I ended up scuffing and repainting in a sand coat black to better match the powder coat of the Spyder where the F4 brackets mount anyway. For the money, I would have expected the F4 Brackets to be better matched to the finish they were up against. Powder coat (textured similar) would be ideal.
    - Any thoughts on adding a knurl to the top edge?

Before Anyone jumps on me for my opinion... Been riding Spyders a long time. Tried many shields. This is my third one on the F3 and I lost count on the old GS. The F4 has been the best so far and I believe the best option overall for us taller riders. I know a shorter rider with the 28" and even he needs the X-Screen when he is riding at highway (70+ MPH) speed.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Default F4 Customs

Thanks for the great review and comments. We can make any size from 32" down to 25" if you need something different and we can cut your 32" screen down for you if you need it.
    The textured black powder coat is a good idea we will look into it.
    Thanks Again
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by WackyDan View Post
    I missed this as well... So here are my 2 cents.

32" F4 on F3-S

Pros:

- Clarity. This is probably the best part. I don't ride looking through the shield, but in certain conditions I do.
    - Cleans easily. Compared to other shields I've had (aftermarket) I suspect this will weather better.

Trade offs:

- For that clarity you are sacrificing some performance. Spyders are a pain to get right with shields, and everyone is a bit different. The F4 doesn't have a knurl or lip at the top which means you might still get a lot of wind noise and buffeting/head shake at speed (At least I do). I've added the MRA-XScreen to the F4 and that solves the issue... Now I think I could have gotten away with a 28" instead of the 32"... as long as I keep the MRA-Xscreen as a spoiler. Again, this isn't a bad thing, because if there was a lip molded into the top edge of the F4, then it would impact the optical clarity... I wouldn't mind that personally as I usually am looking out over the shield anyway.

Suggestions:

- A 30" might be perfect for me if the 28 didn't work. Any plans to offer that size?
    - The mounting hardware is painted gloss black. I ended up scuffing and repainting in a sand coat black to better match the powder coat of the Spyder where the F4 brackets mount anyway. For the money, I would have expected the F4 Brackets to be better matched to the finish they were up against. Powder coat (textured similar) would be ideal.
    - Any thoughts on adding a knurl to the top edge?

Before Anyone jumps on me for my opinion... Been riding Spyders a long time. Tried many shields. This is my third one on the F3 and I lost count on the old GS. The F4 has been the best so far and I believe the best option overall for us taller riders. I know a shorter rider with the 28" and even he needs the X-Screen when he is riding at highway (70+ MPH) speed.