Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Alabamacrussr View Post
    easy to load on a hill or flat ground. Pulls really nice. http://razortrailers.com/
    That is a beauty.
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Spyder Garage

Default Enclosed Trailering 2016 RT and a 2013 Victory Crosscountry Tour

Any suggestions other than a 7x14 and stagger them, because that doesn't work. I tried with an enclosed 7x14 "Lowhauler". Looking at Cyclone 4018 which is 17.5. Does anyone have one of those that is 17.5 or 18ft. How do you like it? What do you like? I like the separate garage area other than the open room design smelling tires and gas in the living area.
    Last edited by marty1096; 12-19-2016 at 06:53 PM. Reason: missed a word

Spyder Garage

Default Tow my F3T with a Buick

I am thinking of getting a trailer to tow my Spyder. Looking at a 6'x8' with ramp on the back. Here may be my problem. I have a 2016 Buick Casada convertible with a 4 cyl turbocharger. Wil the Buick have enough power to pull the trailer with thr Spyder on it?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Solved our snowbird travel issues.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default Have used both....

As avid snowmobiler in WI for many years, have had several two-up snowmobile trailers. The advantage is that almost all s'trailers have accompanying ramps to load a machine...drive on, back off or ramp in front to drive off. Also have the choice of going covered trailer or open...covered is great as they are virtually weather proof and enough under cover space to haul other essentials. I also have an open 7' x 12' aluminum trailer which I used to trailer my RT out to western SD before touring WY this past summer. A double fold drop down ramp and D-rings made loading and securing an easy process. A 2x4 front parking block secured to the floor and web straps thru the front wheels made for a secure tie-down. A web strap thru the rear wheel ( need to be clear of valve stem ) finished the tie-down process. Anyway...any trailer will work if you can get your RT on/off easily and able to secure adequately....

Spyder Garage

. I was wondering if there was some way to haul it using an enclosed snowmobile trailer.

Had a Triton snowmobile trailer, held two snowmobiles/ATVs. No go on the Spyder, not tall enough for windshield.
    2021 Sea to Sky, 2013 RT Ltd, 2005 Bombardier Outlander ATV

Spyder Garage

trailer.JPG

This is my trailer which works great, don't have to worry about anybody messing with it when it's parked.
    2010 RTSM5

2010 RTSM5 , stock Stock Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by marty1096 View Post
    Any suggestions other than a 7x14 and stagger them, because that doesn't work. I tried with an enclosed 7x14 "Lowhauler". Looking at Cyclone 4018 which is 17.5. Does anyone have one of those that is 17.5 or 18ft. How do you like it? What do you like? I like the separate garage area other than the open room design smelling tires and gas in the living area.

Marty, I have a 30' foot Work and Play by Forrest River without a separate garage area. Probably 15,000 + miles and never a gas smell. If you smell gas you are over filling the Spyder (never fill before towing), gas leak of either the gas cap seal or line. I have towed with motorcycles, Polaris ranger and Can am Spyder and Side by Side Maverick. Never any gas smells.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Indyron View Post
    . I was wondering if there was some way to haul it using an enclosed snowmobile trailer.

Had a Triton snowmobile trailer, held two snowmobiles/ATVs. No go on the Spyder, not tall enough for windshield.
    Takes only about 5 to 10 minutes to remove the windshield.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I just ran into the same problem and got a bigger trailer, why are my pics laying down?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SpyderF3; 12-20-2016 at 09:41 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    trailer.JPG

This is my trailer which works great, don't have to worry about anybody messing with it when it's parked.
    Holds 2 RT's

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

Marty, I have a 30' foot Work and Play by Forrest River without a separate garage area. Probably 15,000 + miles and never a gas smell. If you smell gas you are over filling the Spyder (never fill before towing), gas leak of either the gas cap seal or line. I have towed with motorcycles, Polaris ranger and Can am Spyder and Side by Side Maverick. Never any gas smells.

Jack
    Thanks I am in sell off and research mode. Thanks for info on Forest River. That was one I looked at online last nite.

Spyder Garage

Thanks I am in sell off and research mode. Thanks for info on Forest River. That was one I looked at online last nite.

What are you using to pull that 30 ft. It's a fifth wheel? Will a F250 pull it?

Spyder Garage

Default Does anyone have a toyhauler they own that fits two RTS? is it a 17, 17.5 or 18 ft

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    I have a 2 place, 7' X 14' enclosed tandem axle motorcycle trailer that I can drive my RT right into.
    Haven't figured out how to get the RT 622 in there with it yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I have a 7 x 14 v nosed low hauler, need room for another RTS

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have a 7 x 14 v nosed low hauler, need room for another RTS
    To help answer your question about hauling 2 RT's in a toy hauler let me suggest you start by laing out the garage portion on the driveway with chalk, 2x4's or whatever. Widest would be about 96" for a 102" wide trailer. Setting nose to tail you would need about 20 ft allowing for some walk around room. Now, start cramming them in a shorter space to see what you are comfortable with. Remember you have to tie them down and walls don't move. I tried backing up the ramp on mine and it did not work, tire spin.

There are more manufactures making Toy Haulers every year, so you have a lot to choose from. Not every dealer will carry every Forest River product line. Have fun shopping.

In an earlier post you ask about a tow vehicle, This is not an easy answer. I will add a link to Ford's towing Guide, every manufacturer publishes one. As general information, fifth wheel toy hauler will require a properly equipped F-350 or F-450 for the larger ones

http://www.fleet.ford.com/towing-guides/

Keep asking questions, also you can use Forest River Forums for information.

Spyder Garage

JFYI Scottsdale RV has them in stock and are a dealer. I bought my last one from them.

​Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderF3 View Post
    I just ran into the same problem and got a bigger trailer, why are my pics laying down?
    My hubby wants to know is it legal to pull a trailer behinda 7 x 14 lowhauler? And is your 7 x 14 hitch or gooseneck?

Spyder Garage

Thanks you! We are in West valley but travel anywhere to look or buy.

Spyder Garage

Default We use a droptail trailer - like that I can store it upright in the garage

I use it for EITHER the Spyder or the Gold Wing. I must use the center position for the Gold Wing as it will not fit on the left or right side of the trailer due to length. We trailer our 2014 RT Limited with no problem with this trailer and it "noses" up in the V part of the trailer against our 20" stone guard (which is optional). The 4 pictures added at bottom were just a couple months ago....note that I do NOT transport with the cover on it. I only cover the Spyder when leaving it out overnight! Also, all the tie down straps were removed at this time as it was parked.

From an earlier post of mine:
    We use a Droptail trailer. I really like that it folds and stores upright in the garage and NO ramps needed - built in. Works well for the Spyder with the low clearance. The back of the trailer hydraulically lowers and the built in rear gate folds down to extend the ramp portion. Easy to use. Our Spyder RT just fits and the nose of the Spyder fits in the V part of the front of the trailer. Not a lot of spare room, but works well. The Spyder fills the whole trailer even though this is a "two up" motorcycle trailer. A bonus for us is that our Gold Wing can be hauled on this trailer (with the use of the wheel chock that is included with the trailer) as well - however, only one bike at a time (unless you have two - 2 wheel motorcycles that are "short" enough). There is a standard 8 inch stone guard and an optional 20" stone guard. I did add the 20" stone guard on our trailer. Also, we purchased an optional spare tire which bolts to the bottom of the trailer. It has a steel frame with an aluminum deck with lots of tie down points!

Here's some info on the model number and a few pics: Drop - Tail "Two - Up" Cruiser / Sport Bike Trailer, model number: 03-DCT2200-02
    Get the dimensions and literature: http://www.droptailtrailers.com/

Good luck on your choice of trailers - there are a lot of good trailers out there that work!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Frank G View Post
    To help answer your question about hauling 2 RT's in a toy hauler let me suggest you start by laing out the garage portion on the driveway with chalk, 2x4's or whatever. Widest would be about 96" for a 102" wide trailer. Setting nose to tail you would need about 20 ft allowing for some walk around room. Now, start cramming them in a shorter space to see what you are comfortable with. Remember you have to tie them down and walls don't move. I tried backing up the ramp on mine and it did not work, tire spin.

There are more manufactures making Toy Haulers every year, so you have a lot to choose from. Not every dealer will carry every Forest River product line. Have fun shopping.

In an earlier post you ask about a tow vehicle, This is not an easy answer. I will add a link to Ford's towing Guide, every manufacturer publishes one. As general information, fifth wheel toy hauler will require a properly equipped F-350 or F-450 for the larger ones

http://www.fleet.ford.com/towing-guides/

Keep asking questions, also you can use Forest River Forums for information.
    I looked at a cy3418. Did not like food plan. Heartland Cyclone. Cy4018 17.5 ft separated with a sliding glass patio door garage is the only one somewhat long enough. His bike is 108 in long mine 105in. 213in/12in

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

JFYI Scottsdale RV has them in stock and are a dealer. I bought my last one from them.

​Jack
    He called me yesterday. I went bike riding. I plan on calling him back today. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Default trailer

i use a haulmark 6x12 enclosed trailer with ramp my 14 rt fits inside without taking fenders off

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I looked at a cy3418. Did not like food plan. Heartland Cyclone. Cy4018 17.5 ft separated with a sliding glass patio door garage is the only one somewhat long enough. His bike is 108 in long mine 105in. 213in/12in

Interesting Toy Hauler. With the Happijac beds in the upper position you will have the full width to work with. With a little stagier...backing the back one in, they should fit. Make sure it comes with the Patio kit.

That unit is a real commitment, a real financial hit, driving requirements (it's as large as a semi rig), parking requirements at home and in RV parks.

Let the adventure begin!

Spyder Garage

He is a semi driver who is not going to be happy at home. Rode and rides 2 wheeler victory Cross country. But I am looking to future and foresee a time his 2013 will be replaced by a Spyder. Need something that will hold two rts. CY 4018 so far is only one with sealed off garage big enough. CY 3418 was the same as living in a garage. 18 ft garage.

Spyder Garage

Backing in the saddle bags on both bikes come into play.