PDA

View Full Version : the storage areas ... what`s in yours ?

youngers
12-04-2016, 08:39 AM
I have been looking and seeing the post , as the weather shuts down a lot of riding , due too snow , rain , and so-on ... the temps fall into non-riding degrees ... I wonder , as you folks start the hibernation of spyders , what are you finding in the trunk , and frunk , storage areas ? is it stuff long lost , at the first ride , just forgotten , or things that are just there no-longer really needed ? { and did some of these things leak ? :yikes: do you have photos of the mess ... I can imaging , 3 pair gloves , scarfs , tools , money . just too name a few whats in your trunk ?

blacklightning
12-04-2016, 08:54 AM
I ride all year, so i try to keep an eye on items. I keep a tool kit all the time. In cool Sept. through May I keep extra gloves, jacket liner, extra pair of socks, extra neck protection, and hat. From May through September I exchange the cold weather extrasfor a rain suit, but i keep the hat. I also sometimes keep an extra set of fingerless gloves.

Bob Denman
12-04-2016, 09:11 AM
The Frunk: Insurance and registration paperwork, owner's manual, flashlight, E-Z Pass module, elastic tie-downs, and jumper cables.
Right Side Storage compartment: Empty. That's where we store a helmet, when riding two-up.
Left Side Storage compartment: Raingear and extra gloves
Top Trunk: Flashlight, extra tools, A brush for the Missus' hair, lens cleaning kit, and anything else that gets pitched in there and forgotten.
The Glovebox: garage door opener, spare keys for everything, knife, fuel mileage log, extra small brochures to give out, and the extensions used with the LidLox.

jroberts650
12-04-2016, 09:50 AM
Frunk: owners manual, longer dipstick( able to check oil cold), jacket, OEM tool kit
Right side: gloves, 2 half helmets
Left side: extra quart of oil, half cover
Rear trunk: marine sta-bil, small air compressor, digital air gauge, tire plug kit
Glovebox: insurance and registration, glasses

trikermutha
12-04-2016, 09:52 AM
Frunk Kitchen sink and refrigerator :roflblack:
Rear. Gloves,hat,Ipass,neck gator,eye protection

PapaHotel
12-04-2016, 09:58 AM
Several boxes of farkles that will be quickly installed when the weather breaks.

acpd22
12-04-2016, 09:59 AM
Frunk= Raingear

Left Side= Tool kit (not the one supplied with bike), windshield cleaning supplies with several microfiber towels.

Right Side= PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) Gloves, Balaclava, Hats, Etc.

Glove Box= Registration, insurance card, another microfiber towel (keeps my phone from getting scratched.

Bob Denman
12-04-2016, 10:02 AM
Frunk Kitchen sink and refrigerator :roflblack:
Rear. Gloves,hat,Ipass,neck gator,eye protection

If you had purchase the Un-Limited model: you would also have a microwave! :joke:
...And the passenger ejector-seat feature! :yikes:

Chupaca
12-04-2016, 10:39 AM
Extra items in case of weather change, Qts of oil, Qts of gas, bottle of water, plug kit with air supply, jumper/charging pack and still have room for one modular helmet...:clap:and all I have is the frunk...

Lew L
12-04-2016, 11:05 AM
Last week I found my skis, boots, poles, gear bag. Guess What I do when the :spyder2: is put up for the winter???

Kaos

BLUEKNIGHT911
12-04-2016, 11:15 AM
I have been looking and seeing the post , as the weather shuts down a lot of riding , due too snow , rain , and so-on ... the temps fall into non-riding degrees ... I wonder , as you folks start the hibernation of spyders , what are you finding in the trunk , and frunk , storage areas ? is it stuff long lost , at the first ride , just forgotten , or things that are just there no-longer really needed ? { and did some of these things leak ? :yikes: do you have photos of the mess ... I can imaging , 3 pair gloves , scarfs , tools , money . just too name a few whats in your trunk ?
I will tell you what didn't LEAK, my 750ml bottle of GAS that I carry for emergencies. It's from a Souza tequila bottle that is rectangular shaped so it's very compact. Apparently the seals for things that carry ALCOHOL are made better than others, I can't even smell fumes. I haven't had to use it yet but I have saved others from walking :lecturef_smilie: :roflblack: .........PS and the bottle is FREE .......... Mike :thumbup:

Bob Denman
12-04-2016, 11:17 AM
.........PS and the bottle is FREE .......... Mike :thumbup:

:shocked: But did you have to pay for the hangover? :cheers: :barf:

ruralgirl
12-04-2016, 01:16 PM
Frunk: Owner's manual, road maps, killer knife for self protection ("Hold that thought, you SOB, while I dig out my defensive weapon").

Glove box: Wee spiral notebook and pen, comb, my photochromic motorcycle glasses wrapped in a micro fiber cloth.

Rear trunk: Thin white shirt to cover my arms when I can't stand the sun burning me anymore (guess that one can come in for the winter), rain jacket, myriad tools, various straps for tying down cargo on my passenger seat, and of course baling twine and duct tape (couldn't call myself "ruralgirl" if I didn't believe possessing just those two items could get you thru life).

Side boxes and frunk and rear trunk other than mentioned above: EMPTY at all times because I do all my shopping on my Spyder!

youngers
12-04-2016, 06:36 PM
that is a lot of stuff ! thanks for taking time too answer , I have a lot of her stuff , neck scarf , the chap stick , cigs , that sort of stuff ! frunk , the full cover , and when we ride a soft sided cooler for drinks !

Deanna777
12-04-2016, 07:20 PM
2014RTS-SE6 Cognac

Glove Box.... Proof of Insurance card /Registration papers

Left side (Saddlebag)Semi Rigid Cargo Travel bag empty....... **Spyder Pocket in door Small note pad/with pen, mints.

Right side(Saddlebag) Semi Rigid Cargo Travel bag rain gear and boots, sometimes I remove ** Spyder Pocket in cover: sunglasses and lotion , gum, gloves, Glove box organizer

Frunk.... Linear,( behind) plug-in for battery tender/maintainer for winter storage, Owners manual w/DVD, 1/2 cover with own pouch, VT/NH maps, B.E.S.T Warranty Pamphlet, Spyder, pocket on lid chap stick, mostly empty, Full face helmet.

Trunk ( rear) empty, on left side Command hook, for cell phone. Sorry no pictures spyder in hibernation!
Deanna

safecracker
12-04-2016, 07:37 PM
I have in the frunk, my helmet, long sleeved shirt, gloves, flashlight, owners manual. Right side is.wifes.side, her helmet, rain gear, and baklava. Left trunk, tools, battery cables, oil, rags, rain gear, Honda cleaner. Rear trunk, sun lotion, brush, battery charger, hats, bandannas, soft cooler and odds and ends. Glove box is registration, insurance info, smokes, phoneand all important toothpicks. I think that is it.

Fat Baxter
12-05-2016, 12:17 AM
"....what's in yours?"

Schrödinger's cat....

Bob Denman
12-05-2016, 08:10 AM
:shocked: I found a sandwich from 2010... :shocked:

Zip
12-05-2016, 08:29 AM
The Frunk: Insurance and registration paperwork, owner's manual, cooler, towel, wife's helmet.
Right Side Storage compartment: My helmet, my hat.
Left Side Storage compartment: Rain-gear, light jacket, sneakers when riding, boots when we stop for a long time and put on the sneakers.
Top Trunk: First aid kit (we are EMT's so you can imagine whats in it), Flashlight, OEM tools with an extra bit set and driver, multi tool, oil, gloves, fix a flat, pouch that my wallet, her brush, her small purse,knife, and other odds and ends go in.
The Glove box: My sunglasses

Almost everything comes out when we take it grocery shopping so we can bring our purchases home. First aid kit and tools always stay in.

kep-up
12-05-2016, 06:54 PM
RS-S SE5
Frunk only; tool kit, single malt, owners manual/registration, insurance, etc, single malt, rain suit, spyder ball cap, extra gloves, single malt,.........................

Chiisai
12-05-2016, 11:53 PM
2016 RT Limited
Local day trips:
Frunk-Insurance papers, registration, owners manual, maps, Bluetooth headset manual, bike cover and turnpike pass.

Glove Box-sunglasses, phone, sunscreen lipgloss, extra spare Spyder key, garage door opener, Kleenex and gate opener.

Rt. side storage-carry zippered bag with Gerbings heated clothes (with all wiring and controllers) (winter time). Cooler bag for drinks (summer time).

Lt. side storage-zippered carry bag with cleaning supplies and streak free clothes, bungies, zip ties, and zippered carry bag with rain suit (all seasons).

Trunk-zippered carry bag with case for GPS, more bungies, charger for Bluetooth headset, sunscreen, towel, gloves, night driving glasses, zippered bag with Nikon 1 camera with 2 lens, first aid kit, phone charger, music flash drive, pens & notebook.

Over night trips:
Frunk-Insurance papers, registration, owners manual, maps, Bluetooth headset manual, Spyder roller suitcase and turnpike pass.

Glove Box-sunglasses, phone, sunscreen lipgloss, extra spare Spyder key, garage door opener, Kleenex and gate opener.

Rt. side storage-carry zippered bag with Gerbings heated clothes (with all wiring and controllers (winter time). Cooler bag for drinks (summer time).

Lt. side storage-zippered carry bag with cleaning supplies and streak free clothes, bungies, zip ties, and zippered carry bag with rain suit (all seasons).

Trunk-zippered carry bag with case for GPS, more bungies, charger for Bluetooth headset, sunscreen, towel, gloves, night driving glasses, zippered bag with Nikon 1 camera with 2 lens, first aid kit, phone charger, music flash drive, motel reservation papers, pens & notebook.

Passenger seat-zippered bag with bike cover

youngers
12-06-2016, 04:36 AM
:shocked: I found a sandwich from 2010... :shocked:

hahahaha and I thought you were going too say " that Christmas duck dinner " https://youtu.be/xTq20prt0K8 faaa-raaa-raaa-raah a-raaaah raaaahhhh raahh ! :roflblack:

youngers
12-06-2016, 04:39 AM
2016 RT Limited
Local day trips:
Frunk-Insurance papers, registration, owners manual, maps, Bluetooth headset manual, bike cover and turnpike pass.

Rt. side storage-carry zippered bag with Gerbings heated clothes (with all wiring and controllers) (winter time). Cooler bag for drinks (summer time).

Trunk-zippered carry bag with case for GPS, more bungies, charger for Bluetooth headset, sunscreen, towel, gloves, night driving glasses, zippered bag with Nikon 1 camera with 2 lens, first aid kit, phone charger, music flash drive, pens & notebook.

Over night trips:
Frunk-Insurance papers, registration, owners manual, maps, Bluetooth headset manual, Spyder roller suitcase and turnpike pass.

Rt. side storage-carry zippered bag with Gerbings heated clothes (with all wiring and controllers (winter time). Cooler bag for drinks (summer time).

Trunk-zippered carry bag with case for GPS, more bungies, charger for Bluetooth headset, sunscreen, towel, gloves, night driving glasses, zippered bag with Nikon 1 camera with 2 lens, first aid kit, phone charger, music flash drive, motel reservation papers, pens & notebook.

Passenger seat-zippered bag with bike cover

WOW ! that is a lot of stuff ! do you use a check list ? when all packed and heading down the road , get the feeling you left something ? like " passenger " hahhahaha thanks for the reply too the post !

d.o.spyder-rts
12-09-2016, 05:35 PM
I able to ride year round. In the frunk I have the owners manual, insurance paperwork, helmet and gloves; left saddlebag: rainsuit; right saddlebag: bag with microfiber clothes; rear trunk: riding jacket. I also have the cargo nets installed for the rear trunk and saddlebags. Dale