PDA

View Full Version : What's up BRP?

Capt John
04-08-2009, 06:06 AM
I was real excited about BRP's "new" accessories offered. Called the parts manager to order the new seat. He had to call BRP to find out about these new accessories.

He called me back with late April/early May delivery date. Told him to order me the seat ASAP. This was done on March 31st.

I called back yesterday. Guess what I was told. Seat is on back order--imagine that!!!:banghead:

Did all you :spyder2: Lovers, that have been looking at replacing your seat, order the new seat from BRP? Is this was caused BRP to back order this item?:dontknow:

Lamonster
04-08-2009, 06:28 AM
April/early May delivery date

There's still hope. :doorag:

NancysToy
04-08-2009, 07:26 AM
They do not have a stock of them yet, so their parts system will naturally show them as "back order". This does not mean that more were ordered than they expect to receive, only that they do not stock this part yet, which you already knew. The Hindles and the backrests were that way also. Nice to know the dealer could get a price and part number, though. BRP hasn't officially posted them yet.
-Scotty

captainryder
04-08-2009, 07:37 AM
Speaking of accessories, has everyone checked out the new " Metric 2009" catalog from Kuryakyn.....

Pgs 46-47 is a full spread of a yellow Spyder with accessories.

In particular are the Widow (Spyder) windshield trim, chrome and an additional windshield emblem piece. both $160.00 :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Widow (Sypder) rear axel caps .... $50.00 :2thumbs:

New Handlebar Accents $40.00

Of course the Iso Grips, Widow Pegs and special new peg adapters for front and rear pegs. These will make it easier to fit all the style pegs offered by Kuryakyn.

I'm not a promoter nor dealer, but it is great to see more and more companies pushing Spyder or should I say trying to "morph" the machine to their liking.

By the way, the "Transformer II" movie will probably have the greatest mods to a Spyder we've ever seen. ( That is next to Lamonster!:clap:)

teacherbob
04-08-2009, 08:25 AM
I really want the windshield trim. Looks like it won't be available until June. I'm pretty sure my supplier will carry it so, I can sell it to Spyder riders at a discount.

sleepman
04-08-2009, 09:44 AM
I was real excited about BRP's "new" accessories offered. Called the parts manager to order the new seat. He had to call BRP to find out about these new accessories.

He called me back with late April/early May delivery date. Told him to order me the seat ASAP. This was done on March 31st.

I called back yesterday. Guess what I was told. Seat is on back order--imagine that!!!:banghead:

Did all you :spyder2: Lovers, that have been looking at replacing your seat, order the new seat from BRP? Is this was caused BRP to back order this item?:dontknow:

Actually the Spyderryder blog that announced the accessories noted that they wouldn't be available until the end of May.

captainryder
04-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Teacherbob, good to hear, I will definitely be checking with you or you can email me when it's time to order !!!

Firefly
04-09-2009, 04:42 PM

Why not order a Corbin instead. I would be the Corbin is a better product.

Roaddog2
04-09-2009, 05:16 PM
There's still hope. :doorag::agree::agree:

Smylinacha
04-09-2009, 05:30 PM

I liked that seat but guess we'll all be waiting a while now. I won't order it for a while. Don't have all that cash anyway. But if I did, that's the seat I'd get.