PDA

View Full Version : Comfort seat stitching color

wrb3004
12-01-2016, 09:56 AM
I have been reading the many threads about seats and thought I had come to a conclusion to get an Ultimate Tall Boy seat until I read the very good review by "tehrlich". Based on his review I am now leaning towards the comfort seat. I have the 2015 red/black special series that has the black seat with red stitching which you can get with the Ultimate. Which is why I originally was going to get the ultimate. I checked with my dealer and you cannot get the comfort seat with red stitching. After all of the pictures I have looked at it looks like the black comfort seat has white stitching? If I get the comfort seat I want to get the Utopia backrest which also has the red stitching.
If the comfort stitching is white has anyone tried changing or dying?

JerryB
12-01-2016, 02:56 PM
Hi wrb3004,

Re: If the comfort stitching is white has anyone tried changing or dying?

I have done industrial stitching ( other types of products ) for over 50 yrs. I would suggest that you contact the specific seat manufacturer and get their thoughts on doing any type of dyeing of any part(s) of the seat(s).

Jerry Baumchen

tofriendscreek
12-01-2016, 03:11 PM
My RT has a modified (by Astech Seats, Jonesboro, IN)OEM seat. I dyed the stitching red in 2012. I used FabricMate Pigment dye. It's a chisel point "pen." I think I got it at Hobby Lobby for like $5. I've had zero issues. I've refreshed the color a few times over the years. Still using the original tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk