PDA

View Full Version : Détecteur Passager screen

Stumpy6Guns
11-28-2016, 05:13 PM
I got this screen today on my RT-L. What does it 140717mean? What needs to be corrected?

Peter Aawen
11-28-2016, 05:18 PM
That's gotta be something to do with the Passenger Detector in the seat &/or its wiring - you haven't unplugged that wiring under the seat have you, intentionally or otherwise?? Probably worth checking the wiring, plug, & any other connections tho! :thumbup:

Btw, do you normally have the digital dash display set to French? Or has that one chosen to come up in that language all by itself (or does that message only ever appear in French?)

Bfromla
11-28-2016, 05:23 PM
I also see the VSS off in the tach dial. So was there a passenger when this showed ?

Stumpy6Guns
11-28-2016, 05:24 PM
That's gotta be something to do with the Passenger Detector in the seat &/or its wiring - you haven't unplugged that wiring under the seat have you, intentionally or otherwise??

Do you normally have the digital dash display set to French? Or has that one chosen to come up in that language all by itself (maybe that message appears only in French?)

There was no passenger on board.
The only thing I noticed was some water on the seat this morning. It's been raining the last couple of days and now I know that my Bike Barn leaks!
The language is set to English; this the only message I've seen in French, and I think it has something to do with the passenger detection as well.
I'm going to spray the connector and switch with WD-40 and see if it helps.

Stumpy6Guns
11-28-2016, 06:11 PM
140722I took out the switch and flushed it out with alcohol, and then put a bit of Corrosion-X on the metal parts. I still have the warning screen and VSS off light.

Stumpy6Guns
11-28-2016, 07:51 PM
OK, I found the error code. C1183 is the VCM module - Pillion Rider Switch shorted to ground.

Time to take it in to the dealer. Good thing I have a warranty.

ARtraveler
11-28-2016, 08:42 PM
Looks like you figured it out. Interesting how the switch, when it gets ticked off, reverts to French. :roflblack::roflblack: