PDA

View Full Version : Darn antifreeze check

wmh9680
11-27-2016, 05:26 PM
Hello out there. It's chilly in Chicago but I did take her out for a ride.

I just power washed all 3 wheels and now when I ride it seems like I smell something hot/burning. The oil is fine and I'm trying to check the antifreeze. The engineer that put it there is sadistic. I have never been able to see the level in the tank, any suggestions? Also I have antifreeze in the garage but what kind can we use in a 2014 RT Limited? Thanks, Mike

I just ordered the bumpskid and am thinking of getting the triaxis handlebars for Christmas. I have 2 bad shoulders (one needs reverse shoulder replacement--waiting for workmans comp-- and the other one has at least a torn rotator cuff).

trikermutha
11-27-2016, 05:58 PM
Yep that Anti Freeze check is sure hard to see. It really looks clear when looking threw the container. Don't put any anti freeze in the container. I stuck with the BRP anti freeze just to be safe..THat stuff is not cheap but it is the long lasting type.

The Tri Axis bars are a must for bad shoulders etc.

Do you still have the stock seat too?

It was kinda cool today for a ride and cloudy all day.. Rain is on the way.

You maybe smelling the water on the radiators burning off?? That's after you used a pressure washer

wmh9680
11-27-2016, 07:12 PM
Yeh, I have the stock seat. It had the diff seat that sat back a little when I got it but I needed to be closer for my shoulders. I washed the wheels last weekend and smelled it then and maybe a little today. I guess I gotta get some antifreeze. It's not bad out when you dress warm but my wife won't ride in the cold. We have the heated grips but I would like a heated seat for her. Has anyone tried the ones from MotorcycleDave. She can't take the cold at all. Has anyone tried the heated seat inserts? I ordered my bumpskids from spyderpops.com. Thanks, Mike

Lindy
11-27-2016, 07:29 PM
I think your wife would appreciate warm clothing a ax much as an expensive warm seat. The electric warmers come in Sox, pants, vests, gloves and would b ed practical for other activities. Christmas is coming.

trikermutha
11-27-2016, 11:12 PM
I recommend the heated vest or jacket liner..Heated pants are optional..

SpyderAnn01
11-28-2016, 01:18 AM
If you hold a bright light behind the tank you can see the level.

quasi
11-28-2016, 06:52 AM
antifreeze that is formulated for aluminum engines is what is required. if you need to add, the universal coolant for aluminum will work. use a flashlight to see the level.

pegasus1300
11-28-2016, 12:21 PM
The heated seat from MotorcycleDave is pretty inexpensive and easy to install. I put his gel pad in my seat myself. It is tedious removing all the staples but not hard. Your hard part will be hooking up the wiring but Dave has good instructions on the website and in an emergency you can call for personal help.

Cruzr Joe
11-28-2016, 12:39 PM
Use BRP anti freeze and make sure it is the same color anti-freeze or it will coagulate and screw up your system.

Cruzr Joe

blanmgr
11-28-2016, 01:39 PM
I recommend the heated vest or jacket liner..Heated pants are optional..

I use heated gear from Glyde.

a. Jacket liner
b. Gloves
c: Dual Wireless controller (control the heat levels separate for hands and jacket).

LV