PDA

View Full Version : RT-622 vs Freedom trailer

Jetfixer
11-25-2016, 06:58 PM
I am searching for a trailer for my 2015 Rt Limited. If the price was not a problem either way, is there any reason to go with one trailer over the other? I have a line on a 2013 RT-622 for sale and two new 2015 Freedom trailers for sale. Other than the obvious shape and lid differences, is one better than the other?

SpyderAnn01
11-25-2016, 09:31 PM
In my opinion the RT-622 is a sturdier trailer. Also, it has 2 doors which makes it much easier to get to your gear. The Freedom trailer weighs a little less but also carries less.

I love my RT-622

oldguyinTX
11-25-2016, 09:46 PM
:agree::agree: with Ann. Have never pulled the freedom trailer, but have put a fair number of miles on my 2013 622, and wouldn't trade it for anything else.

Chupaca
11-25-2016, 10:11 PM
If only between the two...the most experienced one has spoken..(Ann from Squared Away) she has logged an impressive number of miles pulling trailers. There are many other nice trailers available besides those two...:thumbup::thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
11-25-2016, 10:54 PM
If only between the two...the most experienced one has spoken..(Ann from Squared Away) she has logged an impressive number of miles pulling trailers. There are many other nice trailers available besides those two...:thumbup::thumbup:

I should add that Fred Rau, who has also logged an impressive number of miles pulling trailers, begrudgingly gave up his RT-622 for a Freedom Trailer. I recently asked him how he likes the Freedom and he said that while it took some getting used to not being able to take as much stuff with them he said he does get better gas mileage towing the Freedom.

Another good option are the Bushtec trailers.

Malki27
11-25-2016, 11:01 PM
:agree::agree: with Ann. Have never pulled the freedom trailer, but have put a fair number of miles on my 2013 622, and wouldn't trade it for anything else.

:agree:I love my trailer. I never take it off. put over 13,000 miles on it this season and can barely tell its back there. Having two doors is great

Bfromla
11-26-2016, 12:20 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?89461-RT-622-VS-Freedom-Trailer-Observations

Jetfixer
11-26-2016, 08:00 AM
I should add that Fred Rau, who has also logged an impressive number of miles pulling trailers, begrudgingly gave up his RT-622 for a Freedom Trailer. I recently asked him how he likes the Freedom and he said that while it took some getting used to not being able to take as much stuff with them he said he does get better gas mileage towing the Freedom.

Another good option are the Bushtec trailers.

Would the decreased fuel mileage come from the additional weight or drag from the increased size?

Empty Pockets
11-26-2016, 08:35 AM
Have no experience with a 622. Have a Freedom and love it!! I had the interior of my Freedom trailer carpeted which is a nice enhancement. Looking at them side by side it looks like they took the 622 trailer and mashed it down. The cargo area of the Freedom is wider and not as tall. One door is better for the way I use a trailer.
Another benefit with the Freedom trailer being a lower profile it does not block the rear lights on the Spyder. My opinion the third brake light is a must if you're pulling the 622

Cruzr Joe
11-26-2016, 01:24 PM
All good advice, the freedom trailer allows for people behind you to see your lights better, but both are exceptionally nice trailers. I originally thought i would miss the two doors, but i don't.

Cruzr Joe

dslim
12-03-2016, 11:13 PM
I have a RT622 trailer, and it has lights on the back of it.

PrairieSpyder
12-04-2016, 09:12 AM
I have a RT622 trailer, and it has lights on the back of it.

Any trailer should have lights on the back of it. But with such low profiles, its easy for cage-drivers to look right over the trailer. With so many 4-wheel drives in the road, it's especially an issue. More visibility to other vehicles is always better. If you have an RT, the third brake light is a great idea.

Saluda
12-04-2016, 12:22 PM
Then there is the price difference, thought I heard the Freedom was much less money.
Two doors (a smaller one) is nice when you're using it in bad weather.