PDA

View Full Version : Rts or F3

Antnee2611
11-23-2016, 02:14 AM
I owned two Spyder RTS, I am thinking about buying another one 2016 but I'm also looking at the F3's what do you guys think?

Bam Bam and Pebbles
11-23-2016, 02:31 AM
I owned two Spyder RTS, I am thinking about buying another one 2016 but I'm also looking at the F3's what do you guys think?

I guess it depends on your riding style and if you ride 2 up a lot. Long rides or short ones. If you decide the F3 is the way to go, make sure you check the riding position since it is quite different from the RT's that you are used to.

Peteoz
11-23-2016, 02:41 AM
You probably need to provide a little more detail, antnee. As an experienced RT rider, what made you think about including the F3 in the mix ?

Bob Denman
11-23-2016, 07:53 AM
:dontknow: It's your money, and your call...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF2UrYSDb3k

Popsmontez
11-23-2016, 12:41 PM

Bam Bam is write. I also own an RTS and me and my wife ride allot I also wanted to upgrade and we ride with someone that has an F3 and she rants and raves about it so I went to look at them, the F3 limited does have saddle bag and is ready for longer rides but in my opinion the position for the rider is more sporty and not as comfortable and definitely does not have the comfort that the RT does for the passenger. If you test drive the F3 with the passenger it should help as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STELLING MAN
11-23-2016, 01:31 PM
For me and my riding style I'll stay with the RT, I rode an F-3, NOT FOR ME..

ARtraveler
11-23-2016, 01:58 PM
It is going to be up to the test ride results for you. Proponents of both models are lined up and they are all right--for themselves.

I like the looks of the F3 but not the riding position. Less for more also seems to be a theme there. I am sticking with my RT's.

IndyBill
11-23-2016, 02:59 PM
I just traded a 2015 RT-S for a 2016 F3-T. My wife never got comfortable with the RT and actually is more comfortable on the F3-T.

As far as the driver the F3 is much more responsive and corners much better. I had installed the BajaRon bar on the Rt but it did not make enough difference to be able to keep up with the two wheelers in the corners without doing alot of swaying. I know it is because you sit higher.

Still as everyone has said it is each to his own. What I like and what someone else likes could be miles apart. Make sure you ride one before doing something you regret.

Bill

murphybrown
11-23-2016, 04:11 PM
16k on 2016 F3t...picked up May 1....luv luv luv it. But I seldom ryde 2 up...so that would be a factor. As others recommend...you ryde, you decide. Happy Thanksgiving and F3 shopping..:thumbup: