PDA

View Full Version : Fuse Block Wire Run

Papahoosh
11-21-2016, 04:31 PM
I would like to add a fuse block in the frunk between the OEM fuse boxes. Two questions.
Where would I tap in for 12v switches source?
How difficult is it to run wires from fuse block to where the handle bar?

fencepost
11-21-2016, 11:04 PM
What model and year?

PistonBlown
11-22-2016, 02:52 PM
What model and year?

RTS 2016 (it's in their signature:-))

I would like to add a fuse block in the frunk between the OEM fuse boxes. Two questions.
Where would I tap in for 12v switches source?
How difficult is it to run wires from fuse block to where the handle bar?

I'm not familiar with that particular model/year but the earlier Spyders used to have two spare points on the fuse block for auxiliary connections. One was switched and one wasn't. On the RS it was fuse 3 and 6 but obviously unlikely to be the same on yours. Both of these has 3A fuses as standard but obviously you could up this as your connecting your own fuse box - however that may help you identify them on your Spyder.

trikermutha
11-22-2016, 03:25 PM
your looking for a switched hot (+12) when you turn on the bike.

What are you looking to hook up to the handlebars?

Depends how neat you want to run the wires to the handlebar area without any rubbing/chaffing.if you want factory run along the head area..It a bit of work to do that but can be done

Papahoosh
11-22-2016, 06:11 PM
your looking for a switched hot (+12) when you turn on the bike.

What are you looking to hook up to the handlebars?

Depends how neat you want to run the wires to the handlebar area without any rubbing/chaffing.if you want factory run along the head area..It a bit of work to do that but can be done

It doesn't have to on the handle bar. As long as I get the wire to the front panels. I would like to add power outlet that doesn't have to be hot. Also to add Doran TPMS that should always be hot.

I already tapped into my Radiator Gage wires for my GPS.

There is a Accessories Fuse J2 that is 40A. What are the Accessories on these bikes?

jerpinoy
11-22-2016, 06:19 PM
Where ever you run your wires make sure you use wire loom to protect your wires from chaffing.