PDA

View Full Version : Spyder is resting for now

vtrider
11-20-2016, 03:14 PM
Yesterday here in the Northeast it was a nice sunny day. I decided to take a nice ride to Derby Vermont to check out the new Walmart store in that part of the state. It was a nice ride and the temps reached above the mid 60's by afternoon. Today though, what a change! It's much cooler out and has been snowing most of the day. We have snow accumulation on the ground and more is expected in the higher elevations. I decided to clean up the F3T and store it for the winter. Yep! Saturday was my last ride until maybe next spring. Once the snow hits and the salt brine gets spread on the roads I stop riding.
For me it's not all bad news, I have the snowmobile season to look forward to!:ohyea:

Chupaca
11-20-2016, 03:33 PM
Another spyder goes into hibernation...:mad: hope you have alternative fun things to do....:thumbup::thumbup: maybe a farkle or two....:dontknow:

Mazo EMS2
11-20-2016, 03:35 PM
Yeah, we're done too. I'm gonna pull the plastic off next week and start on some maintenance projects before it gets too cold. I've been focused on getting snowmobile trails ready for our club. Lots of mowing to do this year. Hopefully we'll have a decent season. I enjoy running the groomer for the club...don't even own a snowmobile anymore...LOL

SpyderF3
11-20-2016, 05:07 PM
I tucked mine away in the new trailer that's in my garage that I picked up a couple weeks ago, I have to mount some hold downs and build a cabinet for the new trailer. My next ride will probably be in Daytona for bike week in March:yes:

ARtraveler
11-20-2016, 05:10 PM
Welcome to the club. Been parked for a while now. Got our first measurable snow on 10/21/16. :thumbup:

Border Rider
11-20-2016, 06:07 PM
I wanted to ride my rt Friday around Derby and Newport but deer camp got in the way.;)

Bob Denman
11-20-2016, 07:09 PM
:shocked: I've parked mine also...
The storage process starts this week. :banghead:

Deanna777
11-20-2016, 07:21 PM
My last ride of the season was on Oct. 15th, it is in hibernation.

I only have 4 more months to go until Spring WOHOO! I am catching up on other things., may be getting some new farkles.

Today, the temp was in the 30's and have some snow accumulation in the valleys, but in the higher elevations they got some "White fungus " snow. Deanna

3 wheeler
11-20-2016, 08:07 PM
Yup add me to the list! My last ride on my new F3 was Friday. I was off from work, it was a nice warm day in the 60's here in northern NJ. I washed it, rode it around town and topped off the tank. It snowed last night and today and in the 30's. The fuel stabilizer is in and she's down for a winter nap.

papanorm
11-20-2016, 09:24 PM
Still riding in Central Texas with a beautiful high of 68 today. (Not trying to rub it in)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Warlock
11-20-2016, 09:42 PM
Still riding in Central Texas with a beautiful high of 68 today. (Not trying to rub it in)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Planning a all day ride Tuesday with some friends.
David

Mississippi Rambler
11-20-2016, 09:51 PM
Planning a all day ride Tuesday with some friends.
David

Hoping I can be in on the ride! Low Monday night is 35.....high Tuesday is 72....should be perfect!

oldguyinTX
11-20-2016, 10:09 PM
I'm hoping to get one or two (cold now) days of ryding next week, flurries last night and tonight, no sand, brine, etc. Dry for most of next week. Then probably "nighty-night Great White". Come on April!!

cphillipsea1
11-21-2016, 05:19 AM
Rode Sunday about 27 degrees,not ready to give up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

meljr
11-21-2016, 06:01 AM
I remember parking my baby for the long winter months, so sad. Then I finally had enough! Moved to Florida, can ride all year., just sayin....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

quasi
11-21-2016, 07:09 AM
Salt hit the roads around here this weekend so I am done for a while. putting it up on jack stands and going to go through the machine and check every nut and bolt I can get to, grease what I can, and just do some good preventative maintenance. throttle body vac hoses will be changed. air filter box assy is getting deep sixed for JT's air cleaner assy. seat is going out for modification, and handlebar grip risers will be installed. hoping to install a hitch and wiring for next years trips.

Trbayth
11-21-2016, 09:50 AM
Had a light dusting of snow here overnight into Sunday morning. Near as I can tell they didn't put any salt/sand/brine down. At any rate, as I said before, I play it by ear now. A nice day now is a gift.

murphybrown
11-21-2016, 10:05 AM
Saturday my area motorcycle club had their first fund raiser for Santa gifts for underprivileged kids. Couple 100 miles....yep, some would call it cold.. 38' and rained most of the 6 hours I was out and about...snow was at about 2000 ft and I was around 1500'....so all was Golden. But winter is coming..for example I took ryde up highway 20 on Monday. Tuesday PASS CLOSED was posted as it had snowed a foot overnight....I'll ryde until either snow sticks to the road or they start spreading those chemicals...thinking I might get in a few 100 more before it is "to bed for winter Red Stallion time"...
But have outgrown skiing and snowshoeing...so will become a Soduku/mapping rydes for 2017/ popcorn novel and lots of coffee winter 'bunny'.....today will start putting up outside Christmas lights...then a few indoor decorations....and HoHoHo time.
Have a great week....ryde on if only in your thoughts...:yes:

vtrider
11-21-2016, 10:41 AM
What a difference a couple days makes! As I stated, Saturday was in the upper 60's and sunny and I took my a final ride on the Spyder for the season.

This morning, this is what I woke up to, cold, blustery and snowy! However, I had some fun riding the other BRP toy around my yard! I have the week off from work and was a little bored. What can I say...! :D

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd343/vtrider_photos/DSC01629_zpsypdsicf5.jpg

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd343/vtrider_photos/DSC01628_zpsj8vmyjew.jpg

Motorcycledave
11-21-2016, 01:55 PM

Deanna777
11-21-2016, 05:39 PM
Had a light dusting of snow here overnight into Sunday morning. Near as I can tell they didn't put any salt/sand/brine down. At any rate, as I said before, I play it by ear now. A nice day now is a gift.The "White Fungus "is here, no riding for me. The spyder went to hibernation on Oct. 15th, Come on Spring! Deanna

irvin48
11-22-2016, 03:38 PM
no snow in nw illinois but teens to low 30's. no arctic cats
anymore. this is what i do when it snows. at the shop and
freebie neighbors. have a simplicity garden tractor w/cab
and blower for heavier. beyond that its friends with
larger stuff.--irv

have a great Thanksgiving and God bless you all!

safecracker
11-22-2016, 03:56 PM
Mine is also parked for the winter.