PDA

View Full Version : Spyder on MC Lift?

Tomline
11-18-2016, 07:57 AM
I believe I saw a photo or photo's of a Spyder on a standard MC lift/jack? If this can be done is there a certain balance point to use or trial & error for your particular machine. And once up on a jack should a more solid support be used? Thanks

armyspydervet
11-18-2016, 08:27 AM
I believe I saw a photo or photo's of a Spyder on a standard MC lift/jack? If this can be done is there a certain balance point to use or trial & error for your particular machine. And once up on a jack should a more solid support be used? Thanks

I was the one who posted the original question. I am at work, but will post photos later this evening if someone doesn't do so sooner. On advice of forum members, I went to Harbor Freight and bought a 1700lbs motorcycle lift. It was actually on sale from $129 to $89 and I had a 20% off coupon and ended up getting it for about $75!

If you look under the spyder there is a metal frame that runs the length of the bike where the frunk meets the engine to the exhaust area. On my F3, I put the jack under the floorboard area and it balances great. It is a little tight with floor boards, but if you have just rider pegs you will be ok. I would still use jack stands and something under the back tire to prevent it falling off, but I rocked it a little and it seems pretty secure.

trikermutha
11-18-2016, 09:15 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?98930-How-do-I-lift-my-Spyder&highlight=spyder+lift

Chupaca
11-18-2016, 09:42 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?98930-How-do-I-lift-my-Spyder&highlight=spyder+lift

:agree: this link includes my pictures....:bowdown:

bmwlarry
11-18-2016, 10:57 AM
I use a J&S jack with a Spyder adapter. The adapter is and so there are actual locating points that makes the balance issue be a nonconcern

Lew L
11-18-2016, 12:27 PM

Hi Tom,
Once lifted ( I also have the HF jack ) PLEASE use jack stands and a large sturdy block ( for the back tire). None of us would work on our autos with just a tire jack:yikes:. I was just under my :spyder2: Yesterday-- So much sturdier on a block and jack stands than floating about on the M/C jack.

I used to tell my students in Auto shop------ a car only falls on you ONCE.nojoke

1,000 pounds on your chest will cause:::::::::::::::: Kaos