PDA

View Full Version : Probing the "all knowing" enabled forum

27tjnj
11-17-2016, 01:18 PM
Newbie question (I know sigh roll eyes = use search function) lol

looking for feedback on better models for a rider with L leg TKR range of motion issue limited bend max of 113* (looking at revision new year maybe will improve maybe not)
cant ride for any length of time if my knee to seat ratio puts a demand on the knee excruciating pain issue. Looking for a more relaxed or forward'ish foot position.
No "shifting" issues with L foot but feedback on auto shift v manual is welcomed.
RT maybe more bike than I need? (If such a thing is possible)
ST?
F3 seems "feet forward"

Many years on 2 wheels, now want a bike to weekend with but fear the "bulk weight" on the leg. Been on a HD sportster for a bit now that I've healed up and have the leg strength and confidence back to ride, but want to get "more bike" for weekend/overnight rides etc..
3 wheels takes that out of the mix. Just need to have some relaxed leg position.
Me: 5'8" 30" leg length.

thnx in advance!

Buckeye Bleau
11-17-2016, 01:51 PM
I would strongly suggest that you entertain the F3L or T.
1. Feet forward.
2. Make sure they have or get foot boards installed.
3. These two models will give you some storage for the trips.
4. These two will solve your need for an exciting Ryde!

Joe

quasi
11-17-2016, 02:00 PM
I went from a road king to my RTS due to arthur in the hips and a goobered up right knee. when ya can't get the feet down at stops properly then its time for 3 wheels. I've no regrets on buying my spyder. you can never have TO much bike!

Chupaca
11-17-2016, 02:07 PM
The F3 is probably your best bet for the conditions you discribe. Welcome to the site and soon to the spyder world. I would suggest that you test ryde the different model cause that will be the only way to know how each will work for you. I have issues with back and leg and the RS is the best for me and the F3 the worse so you see you need to find out yourself....:thumbup:

SPYD3R
11-17-2016, 02:26 PM
I would strongly suggest that you entertain the F3L or T.
1. Feet forward.
2. Make sure they have or get foot boards installed.
3. These two models will give you some storage for the trips.
4. These two will solve your need for an exciting Ryde!

Joe

i DITTO Buckeye Bleau......
i also have issues with my anatomy and can attest to the F3 being WAAAAAAAY more comfortable than my RS was...
suggestion: take one for a TEST-RIDE before you open your wallet....
good luck...
Dan P
SPYD3R

ARtraveler
11-17-2016, 02:40 PM
Can only say :welcome: Those in the know with your specific problem will come on with good information. I have hip issues and my RT's with floorboards, the AirHawk and sheepskin/gel cushions all help me when needed. :yes:

H2O
11-18-2016, 12:51 PM
I agree with the others that the F3 deserves a look, and you should look at Lamonster's RIP floorboards for the F3. They would allow you move your feet back and forth quite a bit to find a comfortable position.

H2O

Peteoz
11-18-2016, 02:56 PM
With the F3's adjustable leg/arm length system, you should be able to find a foot forward position that suits your particular need. The dealer should have a kit attached to their display F3 that they can adjust to give you a pretty good idea.....and keep asking questions here....there are an assortment of sizes from 5' to 6'9" (and possibly taller/shorter) on here who have done LOTS of research on fit and options for fit :D

Pete

Peteoz
11-18-2016, 03:09 PM
Oh, and the SE (semi auto) shifter is a wondrous bit of gear. You can choose to change down yourself or let the Spyder do it, while you change up manually using a handlebar shift paddle, so it's really just a personal preference whether you prefer a manual foot change or not ....:thumbup:

Habib
11-30-2016, 10:49 AM
I'm 6'3" with 33" legs. Left knee is totally shot and hurts all the time....except on my F3S :). I can stretch it out and ride almost as long as I want. Getting on sometimes is a challenge but once there no problems. My right ankle is also gone and I build a custom foot board that allows me to brake as necessary. Make sure you get the semi-auto transmission.
I figured my riding days were long past but I'm planning a cross country for my 70th birthday next year to "Rolling Thunder" in DC if I'm still around.
:yes:

sealfloorboards
12-09-2016, 11:18 AM
Because I am disabled with leg and balance issue, I designed the Seal Floorboards to address MY ISSUES. Turned out it has helped several thousand other Spyder riders to ride in comfort. Mounting the Spyder is WAY EASIER, giving you a second "floor" to step on when Mounting. I have the longest floorboards available so you can stretch out, and relax your knee. Choose the Spyder you like and I can fit it with a set of Seal Floorboards. More time on your Spyder = more fun, especially when you can.....
Ride in comfort,
John