PDA

View Full Version : Winterizing My Spyder?

Tomline
11-16-2016, 09:52 AM
Run until oil is at operating temperature & change? Full tank of Gas(Use Stabil?) Battery on trickle charger? Use cover to keep dust off but still able to breathe? Anything else? All opinions welcomely received! Thanks Area will be reasonably climate controlled!

Saluda
11-16-2016, 10:03 AM
Mice issue ?

lou49
11-16-2016, 10:51 AM
Run until oil is at operating temperature & change? Full tank of Gas(Use Stabil?) Battery on trickle charger? Use cover to keep dust off but still able to breathe? Anything else? All opinions welcomely received! Thanks Area will be reasonably climate controlled! I get mice traps and lay them around the bike! better safe than sorry! disregard if you dont have mice in your city! We have plenty here in chi-town! :yikes::yikes:

Chupaca
11-16-2016, 11:10 AM
that would be a battery maintainer not a trickle charger....:lecturef_smilie: cover would depend on where it is kept...if garaged I would not ...allows for parties to go on under there..:roflblack:

Bob Denman
11-16-2016, 11:16 AM
Your list looks like a winner! :clap:
But I'd also pump your tires up a bit.
I like to go to 25 psi up front, and 30 psi out back...

Since the bike is sitting for an extended period of time; it's one less thing to worry about in the Spring. :thumbup:

Trbayth
11-16-2016, 12:12 PM
Stuff the exhaust with steel wool (not the soapy kind) to keep critters from building nests.

Marker
11-16-2016, 01:04 PM
I put some mothballs in a cup and sit the cup in the front vents and put an electronic Mouse deterrent plugged in under neath spyder to keep mice away.
I also have a mouse blocker installed on my spyder to keep critters away.

http://www.mouseblocker.com/?gclid=CI7W-rXurdACFQKsaQodPYcLnA

Mazo EMS2
11-16-2016, 07:56 PM
I agree with everything so far too. I prefer leaving as little treated gas in the tank as possible, that way my first tank of the season is fresh stuff. But I think both options work.

Deanna777
11-16-2016, 08:10 PM
Run until oil is at operating temperature & change? Full tank of Gas(Use Stabil?) Battery on trickle charger? Use cover to keep dust off but still able to breathe? Anything else? All opinions welcomely received! Thanks Area will be reasonably climate controlled!Let your insurance company know that you are put your spyder in to hibernation.

Also keep comprehensive on it. Deanna

SpyderNeil
11-17-2016, 05:59 PM
I agree with everything so far too. I prefer leaving as little treated gas in the tank as possible, that way my first tank of the season is fresh stuff. But I think both options work.

Personally I always fill the tank, to stop condensation.

Neil

Motorcycledave
11-17-2016, 06:18 PM

Run until oil is at operating temperature & change? Full tank of Gas(Use Stabil?) Battery on trickle charger? Use cover to keep dust off but still able to breathe? Anything else? All opinions welcomely received! Thanks Area will be reasonably climate controlled!

SPYDERGUY1
11-18-2016, 10:44 PM
You could always lift/block up the frame to keep the suspension and tires in GOOD WORKING ORDER over the season. My hibernation here lasts about six freaking months.