PDA

View Full Version : Mirror Clips

trikermutha
11-15-2016, 08:41 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that those Mirror clips that get bent and have to be replaced for the RT models will no longer be able to buy that exact clip.
They mail some other style clip that does not hold well and has no bend on the other end to hold it in place.

Went back and forth with the Dealer and they were great. They contacted BRP and sent the clip in question to them . There response was to buy the housing with the clip attached.

That makes no sense to me. But anyway just so you are all aware if you buy just the clip it will not work..

Grandpot
11-15-2016, 10:50 AM
Sounds like they are doing the same thing they did with the brake pad clips.

trikermutha
11-15-2016, 11:11 AM
Well the difference there is they still have the part (clip) listed as for the brakes pads they do not and come as the kit

So don't find out the hard way like I did

Bfromla
11-16-2016, 11:07 PM
& all too many have had problems with those pitiful things. Fyi i was getting a part from my dealer the other week & as art of my visit to the shop techs i spotted an RT with both mirrors dangling & asked if it was getting lights[emoji106]. Wrong ....turns out the owner tried to attach some cheap automotive blindspot mirrors & simply did not squeeze on as most would but pressed forward against the mirrors &snapped not just on but both right off & the clips were toast. Gotta suck to be them, ( was good week to ride)but they dont need to be on road anyway imho :)