PDA

View Full Version : POST & THREAD - DELETING

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-13-2016, 10:15 PM
Does anyone know if it's possible to Quickly delete all posts and threads you have ...... similar to what you can do in your PM box ....... Thanks , Mike :thumbup:

jaherbst
11-13-2016, 10:17 PM
Does anyone know if it's possible to Quickly delete all posts and threads you have ...... similar to what you can do in your PM box ....... Thanks , Mike :thumbup:

What?? and delete all those Icons Mike. :joke:

​Jack

Chupaca
11-13-2016, 10:27 PM
But there have been those that have left in a huff and taken their toys with them. I have deleted on occasion one or two and there may be a select all but :dontknow: now the question would be why are you wanting to know this....:lecturef_smilie:

Snowbelt Spyder
11-13-2016, 10:29 PM

Yeah. Just ask Lamont to delete your account. Then start over. Doing it one at a time will surely give you carpal tunnel.

So, why don't you sleep on it first before you do either.

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-13-2016, 10:33 PM
What?? and delete all those Icons Mike. :joke:

​Jack
.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead ::banghead::banghead:.......This is just another example of why this site as gone to H*LL ..... Dumb comment #1 above :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:: roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflbl ack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::r oflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: .......Mike :thumbup:

Peter Aawen
11-13-2016, 10:33 PM
Why would you Mike?? It strikes me that only someone who was embarrassed about what they'd contributed would try to do that?? And even if that's the case & there is a post or two that 'someone' (you or anyone) didn't really think warranted leaving out there, once they've been posted & read by anyone there's a very good chance that they are probably indelibly stored somewhere on the internet, so it's better to leave them up here along with all the discussion they generated & those other contributions that have really helped some readers, even if they've never acknowledged that?!?

Besides, surely it's better to be remembered as a contributor of any sort than it is to apparently never have contributed anything or possibly never even have existed! :shocked:

IdahoMtnSpyder
11-13-2016, 11:35 PM
If you're the OP you can delete an entire thread under administrative tools option at the top of the page. Otherwise it looks like it's a one at a time operation. I'm sure you'll agree that doing that is pretty drastic action not to be taken lightly. And it's somewhat punishing yourself and not others. I sure don't see any need or benefit for you to wholesale delete all your posts, if that is in fact what you're thinking. I hope you're not. We need your expertise, and the occasional push back!

In case you're wondering, a certain level of tension and conflict is healthy. It stimulates thinking. Somewhere I read a quote that "already having the answer is the single greatest impediment to progress." Keep an open mind to what others say even if it wrenches your gut to do so. Calmly considering an opposing opinion, even when it may be plain stupid in your estimation, at the very least gives you time and reason to develop a rational and defensible response.

JimVonBaden
11-13-2016, 11:42 PM
Since when did you become a drama queen?:dontknow:

loisk
11-13-2016, 11:43 PM
You want to delete all 7,540 posts?
Just because some unknown thing happened recently?
Youve always been helpful, sometimes controversial, and sometimes annoying. This surely applies to most of us, whether we meant it or not.

Just turn us all off for a while... Then come back...

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-14-2016, 02:02 AM
Topics can be deleted, topic by topic. Posts you have made in reply to a topic must be deleted individually. Consider though, any post you made and was quoted by someone else may not go away.

Possibly there is a mass delete function, but I am unaware of it without better credentials.

The person that may know is SpyderCodes Roger.

Enjoy your choice, but give it some serious thought before you act.
Paul, IMO " serious thought " is what got me to where I'm at right now......... Had I stuck to ice cream and bacon I too would have 75,000 + mostly m*********s posts .......M :banghead:

Bob Denman
11-14-2016, 07:52 AM
I wasn't going to say anything; but thanks for thinking of me! :D
Go into your CP section, and pull up the threads that you've posted...
Delete them one at a time
Then pull up your posts, and do the same
Time consuming, but it's been done by others.

Oh! I almost forgot...

lou49
11-14-2016, 09:06 AM

Mike! To defeat the enemy you must stand your ground! Whether good or bad advise, you have contributed to this forum! What have they contribute? Mockery? That's not what this forum is about! Some just want to raise their post count! If you like helping people, keep doing the best you can, and don't let them get to you!

For your contribution to this site....:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

cuznjohn
11-14-2016, 09:16 AM
i found quite a few of your posts very helpful. but the other thing i found is, that when you get reported to the boss, like i was, you get a free vacation from the site, and your posts are automatically deleted. ( hope that made you chuckle )

Fatcycledaddy
11-14-2016, 09:29 AM
Does anyone know if it's possible to Quickly delete all posts and threads you have ...... similar to what you can do in your PM box ....... Thanks , Mike :thumbup: Mike, I know I am one of the newer ones here, but I have found you to be extremely helpful when asked a question. It would be a shame to lose all of the information you have provided. I truly hope this does not mean you are going away.

I have found that anything that is read can have the attitude or inflections of the person reading it applied to it. I find this causes many arguments at my work, people read sarcasm, anger, or think someone is being condescending when they are just asking for info or stating facts. If those same things were said or asked in person the true meaning would be understood. I sometimes think this happens on this site also, things are interpreted with the preconceived attitude the person reading it has of someone and not on its face value, it has happened to me.

Vader
11-14-2016, 09:32 AM
Did someone say bacon?

jaherbst
11-14-2016, 09:59 AM
Mike, you would not be fighting all those Demons you are fighting or the World for that matter if you could just develop a sense of Humor.

I hope you didn't act this way when you were a Law Enforcement Officer. Cheer up the world is not out to get you. Remember People usually treat you the way you treat

them. You get back what you give out - or "you reap what you sow".

Jack

oldguyinTX
11-14-2016, 10:10 AM
Your choice man, stay or go. Some will care, some won't. It's called human nature. I would have thought you would be a very happy camper after last Tuesday, but I guess there is another burr under your saddle that you can't get rid of. Whatever you decide, be well.

Pirate looks at --
11-14-2016, 10:13 AM
Mike,

The great thing about this "bored" is it has the "ignore" option. If somone just gets under your skin just ignore that person and then you don't have to see their posts. I must say that I find many of your posts very informative and I enjoy those posts. I also must say that there are times that you appear to be a little over sensitive, and other times when your posts are down right demeaning to others on this board. Ultimately you have to remember this is nothing more than a discussion "bored" everybody is entitled to their own opinion no matter how much it differs from yours. So if you are so inclined have a cocktail and relax, id not just relax, everything is going to be OK!:yes:

Machinegunner
11-14-2016, 10:23 AM
I still like you Mike and glad I met you in person at Spyderfest. Keep up the good advice, more people benefit than don't. Ron.

Bob Denman
11-14-2016, 10:41 AM
Just take a break for a while: it'll give you a chance to think things over...

wyliec
11-14-2016, 10:56 AM
Just take a break for a while: it'll give you a chance to think things over...

I agree. Even Lamont did it once when he got so upset; he walked away for a few weeks.

fjray
11-14-2016, 12:33 PM
Opinions are like belly buttons, we all have one. Some don't like it when theirs isn't taken as gospel and others don't care. Either way they are worth what they cost us and no harm is done either way. The sun will still come up in the east no matter who comes and goes here. Ride more and stress less. Just one more expert opinion at no charge.:D

Roadster Renovations
11-14-2016, 01:02 PM
Mike, I think you are a great guy. Very knowledgeable. You occasionally are blunt to the point on stuff. That is just your way. Everyone has benefited from your help. Take a break and come back. Nice meeting you at Spyderadventures. I now am ryding something that should do a little better staying up with you guys. Kathy can hang back with Chuck and his wife!!! :yikes::yikes::yikes:

Chupaca
11-14-2016, 01:21 PM
Though I don't know what brought this all on I do believe that too many overlook one of the qualifing features of this site. Reguardless of the likes and dislikes or feelings hurt , feeling insulted etc the " Thanks" and "Likes" really tell the true picture of your worth on this site. Granted one may say they got them for a joke, funny picture, trip story etc but still they made someones day, cheered someone up or helped with a problem. Many will say it is only cause they post too much, something I have been slapped up side the head more than a few time, tough, I feel if someone post a thread it should not go unrecognized. Something you often do Mike even in a billy goat gruff way. Your stats are really good and your diy informations has helped many JMO let it be it will help many good folks now and in the future...:spyder:

JimVonBaden
11-14-2016, 01:22 PM
Mike,

The great thing about this "bored" is it has the "ignore" option. If somone just gets under your skin just ignore that person and then you don't have to see their posts. I must say that I find many of your posts very informative and I enjoy those posts. I also must say that there are times that you appear to be a little over sensitive, and other times when your posts are down right demeaning to others on this board. Ultimately you have to remember this is nothing more than a discussion "bored" everybody is entitled to their own opinion no matter how much it differs from yours. So if you are so inclined have a cocktail and relax, id not just relax, everything is going to be OK!:yes:
He once said he wouldn't do that, in case someone posted something dangerous. He felt it was his responsibility to save everyone from dangerous advice. :banghead:

cuznjohn
11-14-2016, 01:27 PM
someone on another bike forum once said, NEVER POST ADVICE FOR SOMEONE. they said the reason is, heaven forbid you suggested something to be done on someones bike, this resulted in a accident, or major problem. COULD YOU BE HELD LIBEL and sued over your advice. so if it is something technical, i never help. but if it something simple, or something i did myself and it worked, then i will offer a suggestion

JimVonBaden
11-14-2016, 01:36 PM
someone on another bike forum once said, NEVER POST ADVICE FOR SOMEONE. they said the reason is, heaven forbid you suggested something to be done on someones bike, this resulted in a accident, or major problem. COULD YOU BE HELD LIBEL and sued over your advice. so if it is something technical, i never help. but if it something simple, or something i did myself and it worked, then i will offer a suggestion
Maybe, but I have been doing it for over ten years on ADVRider, tens of thousands of posts. The prevailing wisdom is, it is your bike, you made the change, if you got hurt, it is your fault. Common sense is a powerful thing to have or not have.

Peteoz
11-14-2016, 02:26 PM
Maybe, but I have been doing it for over ten years on ADVRider, tens of thousands of posts. The prevailing wisdom is, it is your bike, you made the change, if you got hurt, it is your fault. Common sense is a powerful thing to have or not have.

I agree completely, Jim, and would never blame someone else's advice for something I chose to take on, but....

there are LAWYERS out there who see things slightly differently.....

Pete

Peteoz
11-14-2016, 02:30 PM
Mike, I know I am one of the newer ones here, but I have found you to be extremely helpful when asked a question. It would be a shame to lose all of the information you have provided. I truly hope this does not mean you are going away.

I have found that anything that is read can have the attitude or inflections of the person reading it applied to it. I find this causes many arguments at my work, people read sarcasm, anger, or think someone is being condescending when they are just asking for info or stating facts. If those same things were said or asked in person the true meaning would be understood. I sometimes think this happens on this site also, things are interpreted with the preconceived attitude the person reading it has of someone and not on its face value, it has happened to me.

Couldn't agree more, Fatcycle :thumbup:

Pete

Lew L
11-14-2016, 03:00 PM

All Mike did was as a simple question. I can't help answer your question as I fix computer problems with a framing hammer. :joke:

Assuming causes:::::::: Kaos

Bob Denman
11-14-2016, 03:43 PM
I agree completely, Jim, and would never blame someone else's advice for something I chose to take on, but....

there are LAWYERS out there who see things slightly differently.....

Pete
We handled it the same way on the Grizzlyowner's forum also...
...Both eyes open! :thumbup: