PDA

View Full Version : Can I mix a SPYDERPOPS Belt Guard with a SMOOTHSPYDER Belt Tensioner?

DGoebel
11-13-2016, 08:11 PM
So Brand new RT Limited owner here, making my list of MN Winter mods and wondering if any 2013 RT Limited folks have mounted both SPYDERPOPS Belt Guard with a SMOOTHSPYDER Belt Tensioner? If so were any modifications required? Or could both be installed per instructions with no conflicts?

After yesterday's ride through the Wisconsin Bluff country letter roads from Alma to Pepin and points inland, We had plenty of corners that were sprinkled with dried corn kernels having fallen out of grain trucks and they concerned me more than rocks or gravel.

I've definitely noticed the belt vibrations having a month of riding and am impressed with the SMOOTHSPYDER Belt Tensioner.

Richard Budden
11-13-2016, 08:32 PM
The answer is yes. I have both and they don't have any affect on each other.

Richard

DGoebel
11-13-2016, 08:33 PM
That's why I love this forum, Thanks Richard!

Richard Budden
11-13-2016, 08:40 PM
Mine is a 2014 but except for the chassis bolt holes that the tensioner mounts to being in a slightly different place I am and pretty sure that the two items in question are still the same distance from each other.

Richard

DGoebel
11-13-2016, 08:47 PM
Thanks Richard, If I get no other actual 2013 RT folks who've done both, I'll just ask Smoothspyder and Spyderpops folks, or hold off until Spyderfest 2017 if they're both represented there.

woodyaa
11-13-2016, 11:04 PM
Thank you for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk