PDA

View Full Version : Error Code P1171

hschuchman
11-13-2016, 04:45 PM
So my 2010 Spyder RT had an error code of P1171. I took it to the dealer and and they replaced the Purge Valve. I rode for 90 minutes and the error code P1171 came up again. I took the bike back to the dealer who was stumped, but is looking into it.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

RudyB
11-13-2016, 05:02 PM
Maybe trade it in on a new one just saying [emoji2][emoji1063]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry rt
11-13-2016, 05:06 PM
Injection & fuel supply system.

Check injector & fuel supply system

Snowbelt Spyder
11-13-2016, 05:23 PM
So my 2010 Spyder RT had an error code of P1171. I took it to the dealer and and they replaced the Purge Valve. I rode for 90 minutes and the error code P1171 came up again. I took the bike back to the dealer who was stumped, but is looking into it.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thoughts? Yes. P1171 - System too lean bank 1. That's the front cyclinder.

So first off, the Purge Valve system taps into the rear cylinder. So, lets concur that your dealer is, in fact, stumped.

Let's start with the simple search for a vacuum leak. Easy check is the two little vacuum hoses going to the MAP sensor. If they have never been changed with good quality silicon hose, they're well past due. Just search the forum if you need more info. Next obvious place for a vacuum leak is the rubber boot where the throttle bodies attached to the motor.

At the same time, a lean condition is also caused by a fuel issue, such as the filter or dirty injector....or even a bad load of fuel. So, a fuel filter change may be due, as well as just running a tank or two of injector cleaner, such as Seafoam, through it. This is usually an easy and inexpensive problem to fix. Just stick to the fundamentals first, before you worry about O2 sensors or other more complicated causes.

Chupaca
11-13-2016, 05:57 PM
:agree: would start with the seafoam and vaccum lines. Then the intake manifolds. Fuel filter is good to change anyway....:thumbup:

Snowbelt Spyder
11-13-2016, 06:54 PM
Hey Gene. Just in case neither the OP nor his dealer has seen this yet, do you happen to have your picture of the cracked vacuum lines handy? Thanks

cycledude
11-13-2016, 06:57 PM
Probably the 2 vacuum hoses under fuel injection body mine was cracked got same code hard to see usually on the back of hoses

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

drkennedy61
05-06-2019, 11:04 PM
there is a vacuum port on the right side of the front cylinder of the engine. it should be plugged on it se5. if you have a clutch it has vacuum lines going to a clutch valve. if there are leaks in this hose it could cause this code. The plug was missing on mine and it was sucking vacuum causing this code. you will have to remove the airbox to get to it. I know this will not help the original person that posted this but perhaps those reading after will help them