PDA

View Full Version : Hitch from Spyder Television

pegasus1300
11-10-2016, 01:18 PM
There was a short discussion about a hitch made by Pierre from Spyder Television that was sold on an as ordered basis and taking a long time to deliver. As a follow up and to not put this in the Squared Away thread it originally appeared in I am starting a new thread. Pierre has been good to keep in touch with me and give me updates on the progress of my hitch. I got a notice that the hitch was shipped and sure enough it arrived on Tuesday of this week. Since I tend to lose things it is still in the box,but I will install it tomorrow. So far I am very happy with Pierre and his service, and if the hitch is as good as the demo unit he had at Red Rocks it will be a great addition to Charlotte. Hope all went as well for everybody else who ordered one of these hitches.

Bfromla
11-10-2016, 01:24 PM
Thx for update but honestly never knew about it:p Looking forward to the review:thumbup:

Bob Denman
11-10-2016, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the update! :thumbup:

:nopic: or three of this hitch, and it's installation? :clap:

pegasus1300
11-14-2016, 02:17 PM
While at Red Rocks Spyder Rally I bought one of Pierre's hitches. Saturday I installed the hitch. On an RT it is very straight forward. I popped the plastic ends off the axle, pushed the hitch in place over the axle nut. The ends of the hitch are boxed on 3 sides so it fits very tightly. I lined up the holes put the bolt thru put on some locktite, tightened the nut down hard and DONE. I have one picture of the hitch mounted and one close up of the boxed section.140127140126

Chupaca
11-14-2016, 02:32 PM
While at Red Rocks Spyder Rally I bought one of Pierre's hitches. Saturday I installed the hitch. On an RT it is very straight forward. I popped the plastic ends off the axle, pushed the hitch in place over the axle nut. The ends of the hitch are boxed on 3 sides so it fits very tightly. I lined up the holes put the bolt thru put on some locktite, tightened the nut down hard and DONE. I have one picture of the hitch mounted and one close up of the boxed section.140127140126

Pierre has some good quality products and works hard to keep up with the demand. He just posted to youtube and facebook the installation video for both the RT and F3 hitches. Can Am Accessories.com has all his product. He also makes an awesome trailer and trailer stand that works for the 622 as well as his...
:2thumbs:

pegasus1300
11-14-2016, 02:34 PM
if you have that link to his video would you mind posting it? I looked for it but could not find it. Pierre told me that when I mounted mine it wasn't up yet.

noboot
11-14-2016, 03:36 PM
here is the Link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbmWoN9Vqws&feature=youtu.be

pegasus1300
11-14-2016, 04:25 PM
I just watched the video and the truth is it takes longer to watch the video then it does to put the hitch on. It will probably take longer to get the tools together and get it up on the ramp( if you decide to do that,I didn't) then to put the hitch on.

As you may have noticed I have used some orange paint on parts of my Spyder. I think it contrasts nices with the Lava Bronze. I am going to pinstripe an orange spyder web on the wave design that Pierre put on the side of the hitch to simulate a spider web. When I get it done,I'll post a picture.

This is a quality designed and manufactured piece of equipment. Although I did buy a trailer for Charlotte, I have been hesitant to actually put a hitch on her because of the mounting platform. I think this will perform well at a lot lower cost then the BRP one. Two thumbs up:2thumbs::2thumbs: