PDA

View Full Version : Surgery Time

DJFaninTN
11-09-2016, 12:25 PM
I've been having some issues with a noise coming from my windshield area. I added an F4 Windshield when I purchased the bike almost two years ago. I am a huge fan of the F4's and highly recommend them. I've had the bike in the shop several times and BRP refused to cover replacing the bushings because I ran the F4.

So I decided if I was going in to replace those, then I was going to replace my center arm. Got the piece from our member here Nooboot. When I got it in the mail I could tell this thing is sooooooooooo much better than the OEM piece. I followed his video for the most part and installation was fairly easy. If I can do this than pretty much anyone can do this. Don't let it scare you off.

One note on the installation. Instead of taking off the gear wheel, I ended up taking off the magnet end. The gear wheel end has a screw and let me tell you that thing is tight. I did not want to end up stripping the screw head so I took the magnet end off.

My issues with the windshield squeaking and clicking are gone now.

139913 139914

139915 139916

Bob Denman
11-09-2016, 12:40 PM
:congrats: on the successful surgery! :thumbup:
Was your OEM center strut showing any signs of cracking?

jerpinoy
11-09-2016, 12:58 PM
That's awesome, nice job.

teacherbob
11-09-2016, 02:37 PM
Got my replacement bracket from Ron (noboot) today. Looking forward to getting it installed. My original (defective part) bracket broke while I was riding sending the windshield crashing down onto the dash.

DJFaninTN
11-09-2016, 03:03 PM
no the center arm was not cracked from what I could tell. funny but my side arms had some ware and tare from rubbing against the plastic cover that fits over all three arms. I don't keep it all the way down most times but it was showing some signs of rubbing against it.

this new center arm is as solid as a rock!

Chupaca
11-09-2016, 03:40 PM
Looks like the patient did well and both the doctor and the patient are very happy and can continue to ryde with confidance....:2thumbs::ohyea::ohyea:

Bob Denman
11-09-2016, 06:12 PM
no the center arm was not cracked from what I could tell. funny but my side arms had some ware and tare from rubbing against the plastic cover that fits over all three arms. I don't keep it all the way down most times but it was showing some signs of rubbing against it.

this new center arm is as solid as a rock!

:agree: Ron does a real nice job producing them... :clap:
I'm glad to hear that the replacement was done to prevent possible problems; and not to address a growing one! :2thumbs:

beefybudds
11-09-2016, 08:00 PM
Do you have a link to the site where I can purchase a new one?
Thanks

DJFaninTN
11-09-2016, 08:57 PM
contact Noboot directly and he will ship you. Took about two weeks since he had one in stock when I ordered.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/member.php?11127-noboot

and here is his video of the installation

https://youtu.be/cJ62VCiIe70

Tango
11-10-2016, 09:39 AM
Good job! :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

Empty Pockets
11-15-2016, 02:24 AM
I've had the bike in the shop several times and BRP refused to cover replacing the bushings because I ran the F4.

Where did you purchase the bushings?