PDA

View Full Version : Update on my Spyder quest

acpd22
11-08-2016, 08:09 PM
Well as of today I have rode the Spyder three times. The first solo ride with the 2015 F3-S was ok except for the clutch issue. Went out yesterday on a F3-T Limited and thought it was awesome, but the wife hated it. I asked her why she didn't like it and she said that she was scared she was going to fall off due to no backrest. So today we went to a different dealer that I already knew had one with a driver and passenger backrest. Needless to say the wife loved it. So much so that when we left the dealer and went to the Harley dealer a few minutes later she said "Let's just go with the Can Am". This set me back for a moment. I said you do realize that we have several hundred dollars of HD apparel in the closet. She said she didn't care, that she would wear it anyway Harley or Spyder. So at this point I am waiting for the insurance company to call me back so we can get things settled before the next Harley payment is due. Kind of have this "thing" about paying for a totaled out bike, maybe is just me! I may wait till the spring to see if the remaining 2016's get any cheaper and that way I can save some scratch and not be paying for a bike to set in the garage through the winter.

ARtraveler
11-08-2016, 08:12 PM
Let us know what happens. And, :welcome:

Deanna777
11-08-2016, 08:14 PM
:welcome: Deanna

Chupaca
11-08-2016, 08:59 PM
Shopping is always fun but finding the right one can be painful...Looks like you are almost there..:yes::yes: know what you mean about the insurance. I know folks that cancel their insurance in the winter......

gkamer
11-08-2016, 10:41 PM
I may wait till the spring to see if the remaining 2016's get any cheaper and that way I can save some scratch and not be paying for a bike to set in the garage through the winter.

Makes sense. The price on the 16's might drop a few bucks by then. I don't know what the riding season is in your neck of the woods, but you're right. Why pay to have a bike sitting in a garage for the rest of the winter.

ussoldier
11-09-2016, 01:03 AM
It is pretty cheap if you get it in December. In August, I got a price OTD for 22,700. In October, a price OTD for 20,400. Honestly, the 2015 models are dropping at alarming rate around $14,000. Base off research, the Winter time in middle of November or December is the best time to buy and to deal :)

sandeejs
11-09-2016, 02:08 AM
......Kind of have this "thing" about paying for a totaled out bike, maybe is just me! I may wait till the spring to see if the remaining 2016's get any cheaper and that way I can save some scratch and not be paying for a bike to set in the garage through the winter.

I know that feeling, still paying for a totalled bike and the new bike. Prices go down when riding season ends, so you might want to keep an eye on the Spyders you looked at and liked. Your wife is right, you can wear any brand of biker clothes.

Welcome to the Spyder world!

~Sandee~

dlby
11-09-2016, 07:33 AM
I wear all my HD stuff from 30 years riding HD. Its all good.

I love R&R put another dime in the jukebox baby!

Bob Denman
11-09-2016, 08:01 AM
:congrats:, and 1330club :2thumbs:

:nopic:

KJWEB
11-09-2016, 08:44 AM
I once bought $21,000 of Harley t-shirts.....and a bike came with it!

I still wear my Harley, F6B, Victory t-shirts. I bought them, I'll wear them.

bandito
11-09-2016, 09:18 AM
If it helps with the timing of your purchase BRP has an up to $2500 rebate on select 2016 models through the first of the year.

PrairieSpyder
11-09-2016, 09:30 AM
I don't think you can go wrong with the F3T or F3Ltd if your wife likes it. You can also get a top case for extra storage and backrest. The only downside to waiting until spring is that the color selection you want may not be available then.

Don't forget to post a pic when you get it home! :clap::clap:

Copperman
11-09-2016, 10:33 AM
The only downside to waiting until spring is that the color selection you want may not be available then.

I agree. The time to buy is when you see it.

HayRog
11-09-2016, 10:50 AM
[QUOTE=acpd22;1199509 She said she didn't care, that she would wear it anyway Harley or Spyder. .[/QUOTE]

:clap:Good for your wife.:D
And big congrats :thumbup:

lou49
11-09-2016, 01:50 PM
She said she didn't care, that she would wear it anyway Harley or Spyder.

I also have some H D apparel! DO I WARE IT WHEN I RIDE MY SPYDER? YES! I didn't need anyone's money to purchase it, for sure i don't need anybodys opinion wheter is inproper to ware it or not! just saying!

:clap::clap: FOR HER!

IndyBill
11-09-2016, 02:29 PM
Be sure to look at Imotorsports in Chicago. Their pricing is always good and they deliver to you free. I always talk ti Eric.
Bill

no chrome
11-09-2016, 04:58 PM
I swear by my Harley Boots.
I think they are some of the best made boots around.
own 2 pairs and I sold both my Harleys.
the boots last forever

Cruzr Joe
11-09-2016, 05:22 PM
Just as a little inside knowledge ................... 2016 F3 limiteds are getting scarce quickly and are hard to find. Don't wait too long.

Cruzr Joe