http://www.harborfreight.com/over-the-wheel-tie-down-bonnet-97230.html

DGoebel
11-07-2016, 09:21 PM
Or These for 15" Wheels and tires

http://www.harborfreight.com/over-the-wheel-tie-down-bonnet-62807.html

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-07-2016, 10:14 PM
Check this out139862
Friend , I believe I " PIONEERED " this type of tie down here at Spyderlovers a few years ago... HOWEVER , mine didn't have the piece that goes over the top of the tire...... and here's why your's shouldn't either ...... HOW CAN USE IT WITH FENDERS ....... and you don't need it, once you ratchet the strap TIGHT , that strap DOES NOT MOVE ....... ...... you can either buy them without the top strap or make them yourself ............... Mike :thumbup:

dlby
11-08-2016, 06:36 AM
I run a strap through the wheel. Put a piece of old terrycloth bathrobe between strap & contact point on rims & im on the road---
1000s of miles 0 problems

I love R&R put another dime in the jukebox baby!

Zip
11-08-2016, 07:39 AM
I was planing of going around the shock base in the front since that's where it should be winched from. Then thru the rear rim in the back. Should I go thru or not go thru the rear sprocket?

dlby
11-08-2016, 10:03 PM
No No No do not go through rear sprocket--
Just rim.

And the front method you mentioned is just for winching up onto trailer.
Not tying down.
Again strap through rim & down to floor.
Your going to #$%& up your front end and break your rear sprocket.

I hope you are just razzing me-''
Otherwise read your manual[emoji41]

I love R&R put another dime in the jukebox baby!

r1100rider
11-09-2016, 02:27 AM
I run a strap through the wheel. Put a piece of old terrycloth bathrobe between strap & contact point on rims & im on the road---
1000s of miles 0 problems

I love R&R put another dime in the jukebox baby!i do something similer I made aircraft cables sleeved in clear vinyl tube then hole sawed 2 in hole beside each tire weave the cable over tire under trailer deck then use a load binder to tension the 2 ends of the cable I put about a foot of chain on one end so I would have adjustment range twist on a safety wire so binder won't release both spyders secured no load on the shocks 1000 of miles no problems the holes in deck show me when the spyders are in the right place so they just fit on my snowmobile trailer and the balance point is right the holes are small so it doesn't affect the trailer for other use

Deanna777
11-09-2016, 07:54 PM
The way mike( Blueknight911) described in post # 4 to tie -down a spyder works. He tied down my spyder that way and the my spyder did not move, I did not have any scratches on the Tupperware. My spyder was very secure on a trailer. Deanna