PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have performance improvement stats on By pass pipe?

MOSESS
11-07-2016, 02:19 PM
looking to install the bypass. would any one have a base line on the performance after is was done.

jtoro1
11-07-2016, 02:46 PM
DId not notice any performance change

jcthorne
11-07-2016, 03:02 PM
I did. Upper RPM definitely snappier. Pulls well all the way to red line.

MOSESS
11-07-2016, 05:08 PM
did you guys notice a weight loss.The cat itself must weight 20 pounds...yes also did you have to reprogram or do any thing special after the install.

MOSESS
11-07-2016, 05:09 PM
I know the sound changed. I plan to keep the stock exhaust canister.

Bob Denman
11-07-2016, 05:58 PM
I did. Upper RPM definitely snappier. Pulls well all the way to red line.

JC,
Did you notice any loss of low-end torque? :dontknow:

jtoro1
11-07-2016, 06:16 PM
No adjustment needed the computer will reset itself

jcthorne
11-07-2016, 06:23 PM
JC,

Before I installed the baffle yes, putting the baffle in that problem went away and the exhaust note got deeper and less obtrusive.

TheCajun1957
11-07-2016, 08:17 PM
Does the Bypass tube void the warranty? Does it cut down the heat beneath the driver and passenger?

kngfsh27
11-07-2016, 08:36 PM
I know the sound changed. I plan to keep the stock exhaust canister.
I put the by-pass pipe on with the baffle this spring. I have just over 9000 miles on it with the stock muffler. It is definitely louder and getting louder with each long ride. My wife can hear me coming up the street. I don't think the gas mileage has improved. I can say that it sounds great. I really like the deep throaty sound.

SpyderAnn01
11-07-2016, 08:38 PM
I have noticed a definite improvement in gas mileage with the bypass.

jaherbst
11-07-2016, 08:44 PM
JC,
P

Damn it Bob you killed my Parrot! Well I thought it was a Parrot. They told me at the store where I bought

it that it was a Parrot.

Jack

jaherbst
11-07-2016, 10:30 PM
Sorry I got off subject in my earlier post but I loved my Parrot.

Anyway I have a 1330 with bypass and had a 998 with bypass. I noticed no performance, heat, gas mileage or anything else of significance except a much better sound. nojoke

Both were installed by Len and Lamont.

​Jack

Bob Denman
11-08-2016, 09:19 AM
Jack, sorry for your loss. Maybe my wife could be persuaded to give you one of parrots we have. The one that you may enjoy most is blind in one eye, devious and mean, plus has a nasty bite if he catches you putting a finger in the cage.

Any interest?

:shocked: That sounds a lot like my Missus...

...When she was single! :yikes:

jaherbst
11-08-2016, 09:48 AM
Jack, sorry for your loss. Maybe my wife could be persuaded to give you one of parrots we have. The one that you may enjoy most is blind in one eye, devious and mean, plus has a nasty bite if he catches you putting a finger in the cage.

Any interest?
Now that's my kind of Parrot! Frisky and meaner than a 'junk yard dog". :D

​Jack

MOSESS
11-08-2016, 05:38 PM
Looking for info and you two guys start some other crap. why cant you stay on point. One of the other quests was .Does the installation of this pipe void the warranty.. thank you.

2Paw
11-09-2016, 12:16 AM
Looking for info and you two guys start some other crap. why cant you stay on point. One of the other quests was .Does the installation of this pipe void the warranty.. thank you.

I kind of like threads that do this, it's more like a conversation that occurs when a bunch of friends are standing around in a garage talking. It goes off track sometimes but eventually somebody will rope it and pull it back on track, most of the time without being an a$$ about it.

jcthorne
11-09-2016, 09:52 AM

There
have been no reports of any warranty concerns from the bypass pipe properly installed.

There are NO states that require emissions testing, even visual, on motorcycles at this time. Not even CA does this yet.

MOSESS
11-09-2016, 10:20 AM
I can see that, thanks I get a little amped when this happens and I am trying to get info, there is a vendor that makes a dual pipe system. looking to have the pipe come out both sides so I am heading to a yard tomorrow to buy a matching set of two brothers.

Windagetray
11-09-2016, 06:05 PM
It is DEFINATELY lighter but do I notice it? It weighs a bit less than a tank of gas. You will notice it about the same as you notice the weight of an empty tank compared to a full one so, not so much. Power YES. I started pulling a 622 trailer. I do notice a bit more power (mid-upper ranges) BUT, only enough to notice. It's not going to change your life. Sound....it changes the sound of the bike if you do no other mods to the exhaust. Not better. Not worse. Just "different". My wife noticed it was different but has no complaints so....it's not exactly louder except for a narrow RPM range that you don't use for normal cruising. Sometimes pulling a hill in a lower gear with the trailer you can stay in that range for a few moments but, it's not a deal breaker.

I have a full review on here....SOMEwhere....

lou49
11-09-2016, 11:42 PM

So, what's new?