PDA

View Full Version : Saddle stitching problem

spyderherb
11-07-2016, 01:12 PM
Hi all, Has anyone had a problem with the stitching on saddle wearing through? Went to Broward motorsports in west palm beach, fl. Tech said he try to open a case, but no answer so far. Thanks:spyder:

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-07-2016, 01:35 PM
Hi all, Has anyone had a problem with the stitching on saddle wearing through? Went to Broward motorsports in west palm beach, fl. Tech said he try to open a case, but no answer so far. Thanks:spyder:
I have read of this occurrence here but it isn't a common problem problem..... I try to keep my seat covered if left in the sun or rain....good luck...... Mike :thumbup:

Copperman
11-07-2016, 04:08 PM
I've read on here that others have had theirs replaced under warranty.

Bob Denman
11-07-2016, 05:57 PM
If they start coming apart for no apparent reason: BRP has been replacing them. :thumbup:

south GA Farm Boy
11-07-2016, 07:13 PM
My RT Limited seat is that way! the white thread is coming out, but the seat is holding together fine! Can an upholstery shop put the white thread back in the seat?

safecracker
11-07-2016, 08:40 PM
On my 2011 RTS, BRP replaced my whole seat in 2012. No questions asked. Bruce

Tulefog
11-08-2016, 12:54 AM
I have a 2013 RT, i believe they replaced it the first year i had it. It started coming apart by the glove compartment.

Chupaca
11-08-2016, 01:03 AM
Your dealer should get a response soon. There was an issue with seats. :thumbup:

Robby
11-08-2016, 01:57 AM
BRP know about the stitching issue on the seats that's why they replace them while under warranty. It is normally the way the seat pulls when sat on that causes the issue. It is a pressure point that they have failed to address properly. Mine was changed on 11RT very early in the ownership and then it did it again about 6-12mths later, reported it to the dealer and BRP told me to go whistle. It hasn't got any worse but you know it is there and the stealer will use it as a picking point when time to trade, despite them having full knowledge of them doing it. If your still under warranty you shouldn't have any drama - they will either reskin it or just replace the whole thing.

Robby :riding:

JayBros
11-08-2016, 06:30 AM
My new Comfort Seat was replaced under warranty no more than two months after I bought it. Short run of defective stitching, absolutely no questions asked.

timeless
11-08-2016, 09:08 AM

I have the same problem with my 2010 RTSE5 PE801, the stiching is actually wearing through and cumming apart !!!!!!!!!!

:banghead:

sduskin
11-22-2016, 11:36 AM

The dealer replaced it under warranty.

spyderherb
12-17-2016, 03:38 PM
Have an appt. for Jan3 for seat replacement under warranty:yes::yes::yes: