PDA

View Full Version : Southern (well south of the metro) MN Sunday Ride!

DGoebel
11-06-2016, 05:55 PM
Well after inquiring about a Spyder I saw in passing, communicating with Chuck, aka BeardedDBA, and Paul, aka PapaHotel we scheduled a little southern MN group ride. (My first all Spyder group ride.):clap:

We met up at Perkins in Faribault, along with Jim & Teresa and Patrick for lunch and an afternoon cruise around some Rice County MN lakes. Left Fbo, cruised around Roberds Lake, 'cross country to Hunt Lake, past Shields lake, on out to Waterville from the north, with a pit stop in W'ville, then around the north side of Sakatah Lake on to the north side of Cannon Lake past Wells and back to Faribault where the Metro area riders headed home via Mn Hwy 3.

Sharon really enjoyed meeting everyone, but especially getting some lady to lady Spyder conversations with Teresa. We've held off on "farkles" these three weeks to get a chance to see what others have learned in person. Today really helped and I learned a lot, looking forward to more group rides.

JKMSPYDER
11-06-2016, 06:05 PM
Congrats on your new to you Spyder and your nice ride today. Here in the south it has been unusually warm for November and we are still enjoying riding.

ARtraveler
11-06-2016, 06:25 PM
Always interested in what's going on with rides and such. :2thumbs::yes:

PScott07
11-06-2016, 10:10 PM
Nice meeting you guys, and had a nice ride, will see you on some more rides either this year or next .

Patrick

PW2013STL
11-06-2016, 10:52 PM
Dave,

Glad you all had a great ride. Sorry Kathy and I could not come,but we had another ride set up. Hopefully we can meet at the next one.

Les

PapaHotel
11-06-2016, 11:29 PM
It was my pleasure to meet you all. Beautiful day for a ride and nice to see the scenery along the way. Can't wait till spring! I hadn't been in Waterville in years, fun thinking about some family times there back in the day! Dave thanks for taking the lead, I felt comfortable even in my newbie status.

Paul

BeardedDBA
11-07-2016, 11:04 AM
Well after inquiring about a Spyder I saw in passing, communicating with Chuck, aka BeardedDBA, and Paul, aka PapaHotel we scheduled a little southern MN group ride. (My first all Spyder group ride.):clap:

We met up at Perkins in Faribault, along with Jim & Teresa and Patrick for lunch and an afternoon cruise around some Rice County MN lakes. Left Fbo, cruised around Roberds Lake, 'cross country to Hunt Lake, past Shields lake, on out to Waterville from the north, with a pit stop in W'ville, then around the north side of Sakatah Lake on to the north side of Cannon Lake past Wells and back to Faribault where the Metro area riders headed home via Mn Hwy 3.

Sharon really enjoyed meeting everyone, but especially getting some lady to lady Spyder conversations with Teresa. We've held off on "farkles" these three weeks to get a chance to see what others have learned in person. Today really helped and I learned a lot, looking forward to more group rides.

Add my gratitude in with the others. It was a pleasure meeting everyone and I look forward to ryding with you again.
Keep an eye out next season for posted rydes, both here and the Minnesota SpyderLovers facebook group.
After the Caswell Riders post their monthly schedule next spring, let's see if we can fill in the ryde gaps between times.

-Chuck