PDA

View Full Version : Can you believe this? Samsung washer recall.

IdahoMtnSpyder
11-05-2016, 02:50 PM
First it was phones, now it is washing machines. 3 million of them in fact! Incredible! :hun:

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/04/news/companies/samsung-exploding-washing-machines/

cuznjohn
11-05-2016, 03:50 PM
glad they don't make fire trucks

jcthorne
11-05-2016, 04:33 PM
Never heard of a Whirlpool, Amana, Frigidaire or Kenmore washer blowing up.....I always knew there was a reason I did not entertain the idea of korean appliances in my home.

Bob Denman
11-05-2016, 05:14 PM
:agree:, but it ain't gonna happen...
Not with the current trade agreements... :gaah:

Sam Mac
11-05-2016, 05:18 PM
Good thing they don't make toilets. :roflblack::roflblack:

ARtraveler
11-05-2016, 06:08 PM
Apparently, they got "hot" manufacturing deals. :thumbup:

Chupaca
11-05-2016, 06:15 PM
That's too bad...like they say when it rains it pours...This is gonna hurt in more ways than one...:banghead:

Bob Denman
11-05-2016, 06:18 PM
Good thing they don't make toilets. :roflblack::roflblack:
I understand that they were working on a prototype... :D

https://youtu.be/qPjwVkN65QI

ES44AC
11-05-2016, 07:54 PM
Never heard of a Whirlpool, Amana, Frigidaire or Kenmore washer blowing up.....I always knew there was a reason I did not entertain the idea of korean appliances in my home.

We replaced a mold breeding Whirlpool that stunk like a septic tank a while back . I think they all are poorly made anymore. Warranties on these goods are useless we found out.

EdDeRosia
11-05-2016, 08:04 PM
We will have to see how it works out from here. It is a nice machine though. They are all built alike anymore.

Spyder_Cowgirl
11-05-2016, 08:43 PM
We will have to see how it works out from here. It is a nice machine though. They are all built alike anymore.

Respectfully disagree about washers being built alike -- we have a Staber (a top loading horizontal tumble washer). It is at least 10 years old and part of the reason we bought it was the ability to SERVICE IT OURSELVES. It is an elegantly simple design with no electronic controllers. So the whole thing is designed to be serviced by the user (if one so chooses). We have had to replace the belt and the bearings (belt after about 7 years and bearings after 10). Easy to get parts, and easy enough to service with two people to do the lifting.

Just my two cents ..... Ann

jcthorne
11-06-2016, 06:17 AM
We replaced a mold breeding Whirlpool that stunk like a septic tank a while back . I think they all are poorly made anymore. Warranties on these goods are useless we found out.

Front
load washers had mold and seal problems in the 1960s when they died last time. I never understood why they came back and suffered the same problems all over again. The enviro clan seem to think actually using a few gallons of water to wash a load of clothes each week is evil. Horse puckey.

Never had any trouble getting Whirlpool or GE to honor an appliance warranty. No trouble with parts either. Have a number of friends that have found out that you simply cannot get Samsung parts....the whole unit is a throw away.

I'll stick with the american brands for appliances. Some are better than others in certain lines but see no need to shop offshore for a washer or a fridge. Yes, I know one of my GE fridges was made in Romania.

JerryB
11-06-2016, 01:56 PM
Hi Bob,

Re: Not with the current trade agreements...

The mfg would go out of country with or without them. It is all about making things cheaper.

IMO Americans today look for price only. And stock holders want their dividends.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) You bought a foreign motorcycle.

Bob Denman
11-06-2016, 03:35 PM
at least it's truly a North American Company...
With a long and storied History! :2thumbs:

Do you recognize this?