PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Spyder Questions (purchasing/options)

Spyderman380
04-05-2009, 06:22 PM
First I would like to say really cool and informative website.

I had a couple of questions hopefully riders close to Ohio could help me with. I'm looking to buy a new 2008 or 2009 manual spyder. I've been getting pricing quotes all different ranges for the same bike. I'm talking 2k difference for the same bike with no options. The best I have is 16k out the door for a 2009. Is this a good deal? Or could I do better? Willing to drive to bordering states to pick up. I know 2008's are selling on eBay for 13999. plus tax but I can't find a dealer close with a 2008. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Also whats everyone's opinion on getting the extended warranty and whats a good price on that?

Thanks everyone.........

Trickie Dick
04-05-2009, 07:10 PM
I did a search on cycletrader.com for spyders within 400 miles of Indiana. Not many 08's left. Might try that and call/email around to dealers advertising on cycle trader. :dontknow:

bone crusher
04-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Not from Ohio...from MD...however, I wouldn't be opposed to getting a bike on ebay...esp. a manual...the bikes are under warranty and you can always add the BEST warranty for roadside and full coverage (50.00 deductible) for 5 years...

New is not necessary for these puppies...of course, if you want the best rapport with the local dealership, probably best to cough up the extra cash and just get it from them...if no 08s available, go the ebay route...

You're gonna love the ride no matter what you do...