PDA

View Full Version : Kewlmetal, anyone home??????

jrbloise
04-05-2009, 06:13 PM
Why is it so hard to get ahold of anyone at Kewlmetal..I've E-mailed three times and absolutely no response at all. Any others had this kind of experience with them? :( :banghead:

John

zzneonzz
04-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Why is it so hard to get ahold of anyone at Kewlmetal..I've E-mailed three times and absolutely no response at all. Any others had this kind of experience with them? :( :banghead:

John

Try calling them. I heard they were having some internet issues last week. Matt and the guys have always been awsome at responding and helping.

Donzo
04-05-2009, 06:25 PM
I had a problem with Spydersnest on a radiator web - waited months - finally cancelled the order and called Kewlmetal - they Fed xed me the web, had it 3 days after order and it was $15. less than my S-Nest total cost.
Call them - they will take care of you.

jrbloise
04-06-2009, 10:43 AM
I'm going to believe that they did have some internet down problems. I did previously order parts from them via telephone and had good luck. So I'll take the advise to use the phone from now on, or until their email works again. I like their products and intend to purchase more goodies from them. Maybe my "anticipation" of getting the ketchup to come out of the bottle got me. ;)

John

zzneonzz
04-06-2009, 10:50 AM
I'm going to believe that they did have some internet down problems. I did previously order parts from them via telephone and had good luck. So I'll take the advise to use the phone from now on, or until their email works again. I like their products and intend to purchase more goodies from them. Maybe my "anticipation" of getting the ketchup to come out of the bottle got me. ;)

John

They do offer some great products!!!
Let us know what happens when you call those guys have always been great.

aubierules
04-10-2009, 10:56 AM
Try calling them. I heard they were having some internet issues last week. Matt and the guys have always been awsome at responding and helping.
they dont seem to want to answer the phone either...been calling all morning, and yesterday too

mjw930
04-10-2009, 09:43 PM
I had the same problem last week. It seems they have IP phone tied to their internet so when they lose email they lose phones too. Not too bright for a business IMHO.

I know a lot of people get all up in arms whenever you make a negative comment about a vendor they like but hey, they run a business and part of doing that is having reliable communications and someone answer the damn phones when they ring. There really isn't any excuse for their cavalier attitude towards emails and their phones.

I will say they did get my order out on time and the products are probably worth the hassle.

NancysToy
04-11-2009, 07:04 AM
Wow, harsh! Try to show a little understanding and compassion here fellas. If you think this kind of stuff drives you nuts, put yourself in the business owner's shoes. Have you ever tried to get problems with a utility sorted out? It is seldom quick or easy. I'm sure they are doing everything they can to get back to normal as fast as possible. Unless you are your own phone company or ISP, it is out of your control. Matt has traditionally provided excellent service and offers top notch, well thought out and engineered products. Give the poor guy a break!
-Scotty

zzneonzz
04-11-2009, 07:23 AM
Wow, harsh! Try to show a little understanding and compassion here fellas. If you think this kind of stuff drives you nuts, put yourself in the business owner's shoes. Have you ever tried to get problems with a utility sorted out? It is seldom quick or easy. I'm sure they are doing everything they can to get back to normal as fast as possible. Unless you are your own phone company or ISP, it is out of your control. Matt has traditionally provided excellent service and offers top notch, well thought out and engineered products. Give the poor guy a break!
-Scotty

:agree:

bjt
04-11-2009, 07:33 AM
-Scotty

I'll second that. Their main thing is creating great products. It looks like they have improved their retail operations in the past few months and I'm sure it will continue to get better.

mjw930
04-11-2009, 08:50 AM
-Scotty

I'll second that. Their main thing is creating great products. It looks like they have improved their retail operations in the past few months and I'm sure it will continue to get better.

Sorry guys but I disagree and yes, I have run businesses, dealt with utilities and been through all the hassles of providing quality customer service. Their main thing is not creating great products, that's just one factor in the equation. If this was a garage operation and it was presented as such then gaps in coverage, delays in replies and other real time issues would be understandable but it's not portrayed as such.

It's business 101 guys (and gals) and you are only as good as your last customer interaction. Many many companies that created revolutionary, quality products have gone by the wayside because they couldn't get their business act together, I'd hate to see Kewlmetal become one of them.

M2Wild
04-11-2009, 08:58 AM
Come-on folks .... its Good Friday and Easter weekend. They are entitled to a few days off. If their phone issue bothers you that much and you need the stuff so bad .... there are ALWAYS other ways. Their items can always be sourced another way .... NMN stock some of their stuff so you always have an alternative. Chill people.

hawkiii
04-11-2009, 09:06 AM
I have never had a problem with Kewl Metal. I have ordered multiple items from them. Received them promptly with no hassle at all. Nice folks.

RoHo
04-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Some one was having issues with one of the vendors recently and come to find out the owner had just had some health issues. Was this that vendor??? If I remember correctly he had been hospitalized for a heart condition. :mad:

RoHo

jrbloise
04-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Someone from Kewlmetal did respond to a phone message that I left. I mentioned the "no response" issue, and he explained that they did indeed have email internet problems. He said they are updating all their computers to handle the issues and also mentioned that we'll be able to order stuff directly from their website. As I said before, I do like their products and intent to purchase more in the future from them. I really don't believe they didn't respond on "purpose", however when they were having the problem they maybe should have made a post to all on this site to let us know what was going on. This advanced thinking would have explained to us and I'm sure everyone would have understood. If anything, let's not "knock" them, but instead give them constructive ideas to better serve their customers. Just my humble opinion.

John :chat:

NancysToy
04-11-2009, 12:20 PM
...I really don't believe they didn't respond on "purpose", however when they were having the problem they maybe should have made a post to all on this site to let us know what was going on....
Pretty hard to post on a computer forum when you're computers aren't working, isn't it? "When you are up to your ears in alligators, it's pretty hard to remember that your objective was to drain the swamp!"
-Scotty

Mad Matt
04-11-2009, 12:28 PM
I do apoligise for any difficulties getting through. We are a famliy run operation, we are not a large company with a room full of order takers. As such, we handle each and every customer on a personal level and we only have so many employees. We are launching a new website soon with on-line ordering which will help. I admit that leaving a phone message is not the best way to get through. My staff is handling quite alot every day and they often times just can't get to all the phone messages. Please just be persistient and call back till you talk to someone, if they don't answer, they are just helping someone else at the moment. I know once you talk with them you will be well taken care of! The email has been very unreliable, people claim to have emailed and we have never seen the emails. We have our spam filters turned down to the lowest settings and I have no clue as to what is happening with these emails. We will be changing ISP's soon and perhaps that will help.

My phone number is 623-298-7835, you can call me directly any time if you are having any issues. You can leave a voice mail on my line and I WILL return Every call and usually within 20 minutes if I am in the office.

Matt

orangespydiegirl
04-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Thanks for getting on this forum and letting everyone know. I've gotten a responce every time I've emailed you. Keep up the good work.

zzneonzz
04-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Matt thanks for taking the time to post to let everyone know what is going on.

aubierules
04-14-2009, 07:57 AM
Sorry guys but I disagree and yes, I have run businesses, dealt with utilities and been through all the hassles of providing quality customer service. Their main thing is not creating great products, that's just one factor in the equation. If this was a garage operation and it was presented as such then gaps in coverage, delays in replies and other real time issues would be understandable but it's not portrayed as such.

It's business 101 guys (and gals) and you are only as good as your last customer interaction. Many many companies that created revolutionary, quality products have gone by the wayside because they couldn't get their business act together, I'd hate to see Kewlmetal become one of them.

Kariblay
04-14-2009, 08:26 AM
I have also had difficulties in the communications arena with Kewlmetal, but when I have gotten through, have been pleased with the person on the other end.

Not perfect, but better service/communications than Spyder's Nest.

Firefly
04-14-2009, 12:44 PM
I do apoligise for any difficulties getting through. We are a famliy run operation, we are not a large company with a room full of order takers. As such, we handle each and every customer on a personal level and we only have so many employees. We are launching a new website soon with on-line ordering which will help. I admit that leaving a phone message is not the best way to get through. My staff is handling quite alot every day and they often times just can't get to all the phone messages. Please just be persistient and call back till you talk to someone, if they don't answer, they are just helping someone else at the moment. I know once you talk with them you will be well taken care of! The email has been very unreliable, people claim to have emailed and we have never seen the emails. We have our spam filters turned down to the lowest settings and I have no clue as to what is happening with these emails. We will be changing ISP's soon and perhaps that will help.

My phone number is 623-298-7835, you can call me directly any time if you are having any issues. You can leave a voice mail on my line and I WILL return Every call and usually within 20 minutes if I am in the office.

Matt

Just a thought, but any business that relies on the internet to a great degree should have two ISP's, a main one and a backup. That's what I've seen - that way they don't have to be stuck being Amish. Also, many commercial T1 packages that have phone & Internet come with a guarantee. One popular ISP around me has a guaranteed 2 hour on site response time for commercial customers, and in the meantime they can easily forward calls to any cell phone number.