PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Iphone to audio system

spyderwannabe1
11-01-2016, 05:26 PM
Hey Spyder Riders...have a 2011 RT....use the Ipod 30 pin connector to listen to ipod...but would like to use my I-phone 5 to stream music via XM app/Pandora/etc to existing audio/speakers...Can I use/attach a Bluetooth 30 pin adapter in the trunk and simply stream music that way?...if so, any specific Blue tooth adapter on Amazon etc that will work?

Thanks! #readytorideinarizona

joebryanjr
11-01-2016, 05:49 PM
Hey Spyder Riders...have a 2011 RT....use the Ipod 30 pin connector to listen to ipod...but would like to use my I-phone 5 to stream music via XM app/Pandora/etc to existing audio/speakers...Can I use/attach a Bluetooth 30 pin adapter in the trunk and simply stream music that way?...if so, any specific Blue tooth adapter on Amazon etc that will work?

You need to get one that says "charge and sync". The cheap ones charge only. I bought mine from Amazon, about $30.

Richard Budden
11-01-2016, 07:19 PM

I use this one to stream my android. Works perfectly.

http://www.nyrius.com/discontinued/songo-link-wireless-bluetooth-30-pin-apple-dock-adapter

Richard

WilderThomas
03-18-2017, 09:55 PM

Just wanted to add my two cents. I have an fm radio transmitter, ($21) obtained from Lamonster Garage. And I have the 3.5mm cable obtained from BRP connecting the transmitter to the bike's audio system in the trunk. In my case, I have the radio tuned to AUX, and the iphone connected via Bluetooth. The music from the itunes library then plays over the bike's audio system.

I

finless
03-20-2017, 09:48 AM
Be aware, if you use the Bluetooth adapter in place of iPod connection you lose all the nice iPod controls on the dash and have to use AUX mode which allows you to control volume and only be able to skip forward or back 1 song at a time.

Bob

AY4B
03-20-2017, 06:30 PM
I got a Dewalt Bluetooth adapter. I put my IPhone 7 on an Xgrip on my Spyder and can have all the controls on the screen. Most of the time though I just stream to my Scala ryder in my helmet.

finless
03-21-2017, 01:03 PM
I got a Dewalt Bluetooth adapter. I put my IPhone 7 on an Xgrip on my Spyder and can have all the controls on the screen. Most of the time though I just stream to my Scala ryder in my helmet.

In many states now it is illegal to touch the screen of your phone while driving or riding. "hands free only".

Don't get a ticket!

Bob

AY4B
03-21-2017, 01:26 PM
In many states now it is illegal to touch the screen of your phone while driving or riding. "hands free only".

Don't get a ticket!

Bob

So its ok to interact with the touch screen on your car dash that is in a lot of ways more confusing than a cell phone? I get the argument to not text while driving but the future of cell phones in every day life is going to get more and more integrated especially with 5G, Agenda 2030, the Global Brain and the internet of things where everyTHING will be connected to the internet.

jimnsusie
03-21-2017, 01:27 PM
I use a BT headphone that hangs on my neck. The ear buds fit nicely inside the helmet. All of my music is loaded on the iphone so I still get my calls as well as listen to my favorite songs. I usually leave the phone plugged into power in the trunk with glympse turned on so the wife knows where I am.

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Tapatalk