PDA

View Full Version : SUNDAY - YESTERDAY REALLY REALLY SUCKED

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
10-31-2016, 07:09 AM
Ok, so it was a beautiful day out in the '70's, wife was in ga. visiting sister so i took the :ani29: for a ride to manhattan. of
course there was traffic getting there, getting around and heavy traffic going home but that is life in ny so i almost get
used to it.
well my butt hurt a little from being on bike for such a while so i went to get a massage near home. all done, felt great
and go to bike, there were clouds looking a little scary but since i was only 15 minutes from home so what. well this is
when it went down hill, bike won't start. has power just won't crank, i have micro start so i quickly hooked it up, nothing.

i have aaa and all state roadside, called both to see who could get to me quicker, well while on phone it started to rain...hard
took over 3 hours until someone came and both aaa & all state called back to cancel out tow twice and between both i was
on live and hold for about 70 minutes.

now here is the kicker, i was pulling insurance off this week for the season, thought i could get a last ride in. so now i have
to get it towed to dealer then retire it. any 2nd amendmenters want to shoot me?

JimVonBaden
10-31-2016, 07:12 AM
What a crappy way to end your riding season!:banghead:

Bob Denman
10-31-2016, 08:07 AM
:shocked: Look at it this way: Next Season can only start out better!! :2thumbs:

cuznjohn
10-31-2016, 09:10 AM
sorry to hear you had such a problem, lucky you didn't get stuck in that down pour

Fatcycledaddy
10-31-2016, 09:24 AM
Hope it wasn't something like a kill switch. :dontknow:

Chupaca
10-31-2016, 10:12 AM
as they say in these parts "when it rains it pours" looks like you borrowed the saying...:banghead: hope it is a small thing and not one that will make you feel worse. Next season will be better...:yes:

Many brands
10-31-2016, 10:20 AM
So - what the problem, turn out to be ?

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
10-31-2016, 05:20 PM
Hope it wasn't something like a kill switch. :dontknow:

Had it towed home in the rain, didn't bring to dealer yet but i do believe it is the kill switch. had that problem
before.

Sam Mac
10-31-2016, 06:06 PM
Well that sucks. Not to rub it in but I had a great day on the BRP, weather was awesome. Even found $6.00 laying on the ground at a place I stopped to take some pics. :yes:

Bam Bam and Pebbles
11-01-2016, 01:40 AM
Please take this response in the joking manner it is intended. Your Spyder wouldn't start and it started raining really bad??? What did you think would happen when your wife is out of town, and you go to get your butt massaged on a Sunday??? :joke::joke::joke:

youngers
11-01-2016, 03:17 AM
hahahaha well ! bam did go there ! you had the problem before , what was the fix factor , for the switch a total replacement. or wires pull loose , something like this ?

Bam Bam and Pebbles
11-01-2016, 03:25 AM
[QUOTE=youngers;1197196]hahahaha well ! bam did go there ! QUOTE]

Well of course I did. I'm surprised nobody else did. I had a number of jokes for this one but this is a family friendly site, sooooo.

Peter Aawen
11-01-2016, 05:32 AM
Please take this response in the joking manner it is intended. Your Spyder wouldn't start and it started raining really bad??? What did you think would happen when your wife is out of town, and you go to get your butt massaged on a Sunday??? :joke::joke::joke:

:gaah:
So what's gonna happen if you play that record backwards?? :dontknow:

Will your Spyder get fixed & your wife come home :shocked: or is that only if it's Country music?? :rolleyes: :roflblack:

Apologies to those too young to know what a 'record' is! ;)

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
11-01-2016, 06:46 AM

my wife called me in the morning and told me to go out and ride then get a massage. was she setting me up for a fall?

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
11-01-2016, 06:48 AM
hahahaha well ! bam did go there ! you had the problem before , what was the fix factor , for the switch a total replacement. or wires pull loose , something like this ?

the last time i had brought it in to the dealer & they had to replace switch

Bob Denman
11-01-2016, 07:54 AM
:shocked: A Butt Massage?? :shocked:
I don't think that there's enough money on the Planet; to get me that kind of service! nojoke

Bam Bam and Pebbles
11-01-2016, 06:03 PM
my wife called me in the morning and told me to go out and ride then get a massage. was she setting me up for a fall?

Hope you didnt use a credit card and there were no video cameras around. Might be an awfully expensive massage. LOL