PDA

View Full Version : Throttlemeister questions

GaryTheBadger
04-04-2009, 07:12 PM
Is there any other source for the Spyder Throttlemeister besides the manufacturer's web site? (yes I'm trying to save $). Also, has anyone compared the two different weight versions? My goal is more for vibration elimination than it is for speed control. I have read all the threads here that I could find before posting this. Thanks.

bone crusher
04-04-2009, 08:48 PM
I got the regular size..black one...works great...the extended gives you more weight but IMHO, it sticks out too far and looks a little funny...then again, to each their own.

It's a great product no matter which one you go with...you'll love it and it will cut the hand vibrations down quite a bit...

bjt
04-05-2009, 12:13 AM
I have a set I am thinking of selling GaryTheBadger. I bought them specifically for the throttle lock but I am going to switch to one of the thumb activated throttle locks like Director uses. I'll snap a few pics, come up with an asking price and I'll try to get them up in the For Sale section here by tomorrow evening.

Trickie Dick
04-05-2009, 08:03 PM
I have a set I am thinking of selling GaryTheBadger. I bought them specifically for the throttle lock but I am going to switch to one of the thumb activated throttle locks like Director uses. I'll snap a few pics, come up with an asking price and I'll try to get them up in the For Sale section here by tomorrow evening.

which thumb throttle lock are you looking at? What does the Director use? Kinda thinking about a throttlelock.
Tks
Dick

Roaddog2
04-05-2009, 08:15 PM
Theres something new out there Magicman have some info on it
I just got one last 2 rides were great with it but there is a new version coming soon and about 1/3 cheaper if I heard right :hun:

ataDude
04-05-2009, 08:15 PM

which thumb throttle lock are you looking at? What does the Director use? Kinda thinking about a throttlelock.
Tks
Dick

A more "invisible" Vista Cruise... takes just a little work but worth it.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=37704&postcount=3

John in PA
04-05-2009, 08:20 PM
The vistacruise, while not as nice to look at, is much easier to turn on and off. The throttlemeister has definitely got it in the looks department, but if you primarily want bar end weight for vibration damping, why not get bar end weights, or a bar snake, or the bar weights with the neat y-factor logo's that BRP offers?

I've used both throttlemeister (on three bikes) and the vistacruise, and the vista cruise is MUCH easier to turn on and off.

Director
04-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Tks
Dick

Hey Dick, I have the Vista Cruiser lock from Industries 7. Works very well.

Bruce

mike3069
04-05-2009, 09:06 PM
I suggest you keep an eye on No Magic Neons web site. I heard something today about a new product at about a 1/3 less $ than the Throttlemeister Coming Soon To A Site Near You!nojoke:yes:

bjt
04-05-2009, 10:25 PM
I suggest you keep an eye on No Magic Neons web site. I heard something today about a new product at about a 1/3 less $ than the Throttlemeister Coming Soon To A Site Near You!nojoke:yes:

I'm planning on calling Evan Monday and I'll have to see if I can get the lowdown on this. :thumbup:

Lamonster
04-06-2009, 08:43 AM
A more "invisible" Vista Cruise... takes just a little work but worth it.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=37704&postcount=3
:agree:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2&pictureid=1470

tatt2r
04-06-2009, 09:35 AM

yes he was saying that yesterday:coffee:

Trickie Dick
04-06-2009, 10:28 AM
Thanks to all of you for the info on the Vista. I think I will wait for info from NMN on theirs. Bjt since you are calling and looking into it, I will wait for your post. :popcorn: