PDA

View Full Version : Fusebox Covers

Bob Denman
10-29-2016, 11:32 AM
Question: Is there a trick to getting these covers (the outer ones) to lock into place?
I know that if they're loose: you'll get a Frunkful of water for your trouble... :shocked:
They SEEM to have clicked into place; what (if anything) should I be looking for?
Thanks!

Chupaca
10-29-2016, 12:13 PM
Much like the gas caps on the F3's you need to strong arm a bit. I find that if you make sure your groove and lip are lined up before you start to push it is a lot easier. Holding the alignment and getting the lower clipped the the upper also helps. And yet I find not all are cooperative. This is the same on almost all the fuse boxes on motorcycles...They should wing-nut them on...:lecturef_smilie:

Bob Denman
10-29-2016, 12:21 PM
Thanks, Gene! :thumbup:
Since I only fool with them about twice a year: I figure that it's best to double-check what I do... nojoke
After all: I don't need a portable "frog pond"; taking over the frunk!

Cruzr Joe
10-29-2016, 12:55 PM
Much like the gas caps on the F3's you need to strong arm a bit. I find that if you make sure your groove and lip are lined up before you start to push it is a lot easier. Holding the alignment and getting the lower clipped the the upper also helps. And yet I find not all are cooperative. This is the same on almost all the fuse boxes on motorcycles...They should wing-nut them on...:lecturef_smilie:

What he said.

Cruzr Joe

oldguyinTX
10-29-2016, 01:32 PM
I find that squeezing the sides of the covers - like you do to take them off - makes it somewhat easier to get them back on. Still, they are a PITA.

AeroPilot
10-29-2016, 02:50 PM
around the foam gasket surface. It may help it slide into place and only downside I see is the slight amount of dirt it might attract.

cptjam
10-29-2016, 05:07 PM
Never had a problem. Snaps right in.

IdahoMtnSpyder
10-29-2016, 07:16 PM
Make sure they're right side up. If you tip the cover and insert the top, or is bottom, I don't remember, first the other side will then snap into place fairly easy. If you try to make it fit the way it doesn't want to fit, you will get very frustrated.

Peteoz
10-29-2016, 07:25 PM
If you try to make it fit the way it doesn't want to fit, you will get very frustrated.

:roflblack: Very understated, Idaho :thumbup::clap:

cognaccruiser
10-30-2016, 08:38 AM
Well at least now I know that I'm not alone.

Gary

Bob Denman
10-30-2016, 11:19 AM
:D Misery sure loves company; doesn't it? :D

There's probably a dozen more folks in here with the same question; they were too afraid to ask it! nojoke