PDA

View Full Version : DESS Error

Don in E Texas
10-29-2016, 10:08 AM
Forth time for this error - would not start this morning. Key was left in the bike (it lives there) and no other key/vehicle within 50 feet. Still under Warranty, but dealer hates to see me pull in with the bike on a trailer. Dealer wants happy customers. I do not blame the dealer, of course. He is doing all he can do.

Module #4 comin' up.

Don

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-29-2016, 10:14 AM
Forth time for this error - would not start this morning. Key was left in the bike (it lives there) and no other key/vehicle within 50 feet. Still under Warranty, but dealer hates to see me pull in with the bike on a trailer. Dealer wants happy customers. I do not blame the dealer, of course. He is doing all he can do.

Module #4 comin' up.

Don
Don, I read the DESS posts always ........ Have they changed the ignition switch or re-programmed the KEYS yet ........ and what # module's are they using ?????? ( 710004916 is the latest ) ...... Mike :thumbup:

Deanna777
10-29-2016, 11:46 AM

Module #4 comin' up.

DonDon, The dess module is under warranty. Be sure your dealership has the dess module there before leaving your spyder there. Keep us posted! Deanna

Chupaca
10-29-2016, 11:58 AM
If this is the fourth time and the dealer has not changed the system they need a push. If you have managed to get it going and let it slide you waited too long. This is an ongoing issue and needs new parts not ways around it. Hope this time they get you going with the proper parts...:pray:

jcthorne
10-29-2016, 01:03 PM
I'll be happy to turn DESS off for you and end the problems permanently.

Don in E Texas
10-29-2016, 02:10 PM
My dealer is very pro-active on this problem and the module has been changed every time. I'll get it back to the dealer Tuesday (closed on Monday's). I have no idea of the module revision number, sorry.

Don

kbwitt
10-29-2016, 03:51 PM
Don, I read the DESS posts always ........ Have they changed the ignition switch or re-programmed the KEYS yet ........ and what # module's are they using ?????? ( 710004916 is the latest ) ...... Mike :thumbup:

Just had my second one installed moduel #as Mike posted
Key Couple# 710003596.

Good luck.hope I hope this is the end of the pproble . If not mine goes up for sale. Unless they shut it off. I go on long trips if i can not trust its rereliability it has to go.

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-29-2016, 06:51 PM
Just had my second one installed moduel #as Mike posted
Key Couple# 710003596.

Good luck.hope I hope this is the end of the pproble . If not mine goes up for sale. Unless they shut it off. I go on long trips if i can not trust its rereliability it has to go.
How far are you from Houston Tx....... According to JC Thorne He is willing to turn it off ( maybe for a nominal cost ????? ) ..... If I were closer than 1750 miles I would have it done ...... Mike :thumbup:

Deanna777
10-29-2016, 08:44 PM
I have a 2014 rts-se6, and have had the dess module replaced twice with the (discontinued part # 710004190), on July 14th, 2015 2nd time was on Aug. 28th, 2015.

I have had the switch/ dess module/ keys reprogramed, a new trailer lock replaced on Aug. 28th,2015, and since then I have not seen or had the dess error. It has been 1 year and 2 months since I have had the switch/dess module/ keys reprogramed.

I( Deanna777) started a thread " DESS KEY CODE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! " go to Deanna777 look for " started threads, you will see the name of the thread.

The current dess module part # is 710004916.

Deanna

Jimboregon
11-16-2016, 10:07 AM
Question: Since the DESS ERROR is a BRP problem covered under warranty, does BRP also cover the tow charges???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

PaladinLV
11-16-2016, 12:05 PM
I think you already know the answer to this one! :p

AJ

Question: Since the DESS ERROR is a BRP problem covered under warranty, does BRP also cover the tow charges???

Jimboregon
11-16-2016, 01:50 PM
Time for a Class Action lawsuit?

Sam Mac
11-16-2016, 06:48 PM
Time for a Class Action lawsuit?

Go for it, let us know how that works out for you. Just a FYI the name of this forum is Spyder Lovers. Doubt you'll get much support. :roflblack:

RudyB
11-16-2016, 06:50 PM

Where are you located

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimboregon
11-16-2016, 07:10 PM
Is that an option? I'd be up for that. I see no benefit in it.

Jimboregon
11-16-2016, 07:14 PM
Go for it, let us know how that works out for you. Just a FYI the name of this forum is Spyder Lovers. Doubt you'll get much support. :roflblack:
I love my Spyder, but BRP should be held responsible for costs to us that are cause by their negligence or the negligence of their suppliers. No different than an auto company.

Deanna777
11-16-2016, 08:04 PM

Module #4 comin' up.

DonI started a thread about Dess issues, Title of thread is " DESS KEY CODE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Deanna777 it is a long thread 27 pages.

I have had the dess module replaced twice first time was on July 14, 2015, and the second time the dess module( old part # 710004190) was replaced on Aug. 28th, 2015.

At the that time I had the dess module/ switch(part # 710004413)/ new trailer lock/ keys reprogramed. It was under warranty both times. I have not had the dess error show up. It has been 1 year and 2 months ( also, my spyder goes into hibernation from Oct. to April) since I have the dess module changed.

Good luck! Please post on the above thread so new/and current spyder owners know. On that thread there is a lot of great information. I have a 2014RTS-SE6 Deanna

Sam Mac
11-16-2016, 08:16 PM
Link to above mentioned thread.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?84651-D-E-S-S-KEY-CODE-AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!&highlight=DESS+CODE

Enjoy, it's a long thread.

Deanna777
11-16-2016, 08:21 PM
Link to above mentioned thread.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?84651-D-E-S-S-KEY-CODE-AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!&highlight=DESS+CODE

Enjoy, it's a long thread.:agree: Thanks for posting the link! Deanna