PDA

View Full Version : What are the advantages of this Seafoam additive?

manxman
10-29-2016, 06:48 AM
I see where folks are adding Seafoam to the Spyders. What are the advantages of this additive ?.....

Mazo EMS2
10-29-2016, 07:52 AM
Seafoam is pretty popular as a cleaning additive. It does a good job of cleaning up your fuel system. I use it in the first tank of the riding season, some use a little bit several times per season, and some use it as a stabilizer. It's like anything else these days, it's a matter of personal choice and what YOU think works for YOU. For me, I know I have a good system going that has worked for many years, with all of my gas burning stuff. My system is: If it gets stored, I add the Marine Grade Stabil at storage time. Then when it's "go time" I add a dose of Seafoam in the first tank of the usage season. This has never failed me. Take it with a grain of salt....or whatever spice you prefer....In any case, Seafoam has made a pretty darn good reputation for itself.

cognaccruiser
10-29-2016, 08:01 AM
Have been using Seafoam for years as a stabilizer and it does a great job of cleaning as well. (Seafood, not so much ;) although I love to eat it). I first learned about it when I owned my 05 Midnight Venture on Ventureriders. Very popular among that group too.

Gary

manxman
10-29-2016, 08:12 AM
I don't know how I put Seafood in the heading in previous post, must have been thinking of last nights fishfry.......

Bob Denman
10-29-2016, 08:49 AM
:D I hope that you brought some for all of us; I was getting hungry! :thumbup:
Hit's he dam Otto-Chick! :yikes:

Chupaca
10-29-2016, 09:44 AM
But now that you cleared up the title.....what about the body..??? :roflblack::roflblack: must of been a story to go with what ever the title should have been...:dontknow:

Chupaca
10-29-2016, 09:46 AM
What they said..:agree: but is good to have the rest of the story from your other post ...:bowdown:

trikermutha
10-29-2016, 09:49 AM
Unless your using crappy gas then maybe..or storing your vehicle...With all the additives in todays gas I see no point for the most part..

JayBros
10-29-2016, 11:41 AM
I'm with trikermutha on this one. How does one know just how clean any of the alleged cleaning additives work unless you pull your injectors to examine them? How many of the really anal amongst us pull their injectors just to check them?

ris
10-29-2016, 01:23 PM
I had a generator that would not run correctly. Drained all the gas and put in fresh gas. Still didn't run right. Added about 1/2 can of seafood to the 3 gallons of gas in the tank. Put it in the yard and started it. Just let it sit there and run like crap. After about a half hour it started to run better. By the time it ran thru the tank of gas it was running great.

robmorg
10-29-2016, 04:26 PM
Well, NOW I'm confused. Was it seafood, as in your first post, or Seafoam, as in your second post, that made your generator run good? http://robmorgan.net/img-sm/oboy.gif

ris
10-29-2016, 04:59 PM
How about Seafoam for the motor and seafood for me. While the motor was running. I hate spell check.

robmorg
10-29-2016, 09:27 PM
Ris, welcome to the forum. :welcome:

I know - spell checkers can REALLY mess you up when you're not looking. :sour: But, just so you know, you can edit or delete any message you post at any time. Just click on the "Edit Post" button under the message. Using "Advanced Mode" you can also edit message headers and other things. Only the message poster will see that button.

Bfromla
10-29-2016, 11:26 PM
I'm with trikermutha on this one. How does one know just how clean any of the alleged cleaning additives work unless you pull your injectors to examine them? How many of the really anal amongst us pull their injectors just to check them?
:agree::gaah: Aside from that I track my MPG & go by that, Ethanol free gas gets the best mileage i add seafoam occasionally but nothing regular yet. My other bike & truck gets sta-bil if I know I'm going to let them sit. Gas stations get the "winter" blend fuel in & can affect mileage, but hard to get exact with all the other variables change to:lecturef_smilie:(air temp,tire temp, speeds & safety margins, general driving conditions period):p There are plenty of treatment options out there and prices all across the board, so you got to find what works for you & how/where you ride.:2thumbs: