PDA

View Full Version : THIS IS SO SAD

oldguyinTX
10-27-2016, 10:29 AM
I was riding in this area on Sunday, and noticed a lot of police activity. Why this woman veered into the oncoming traffic lane has yet to be determined. This is a terrible tragedy for all involved, and maybe could have been prevented.

Please keep the victims and their families in your thoughts. And remember - it could happen to one of us.

http://www.ride-ct.com/?p=18837

Chupaca
10-27-2016, 10:33 AM
Though the site is not working, from what you say it is sad in any vehicle fatality. All of them could be avoided if the basic rules are followed. The state of mind issue is a whole different problem...:pray:'s to all family and friends of all those involved is such tragedies...

Bob Denman
10-27-2016, 10:37 AM
:shocked: Prayers for all of them... :pray::pray:

oldguyinTX
10-27-2016, 10:39 AM
Though the site is not working, from what you say it is sad in any vehicle fatality. All of them could be avoided if the basic rules are followed. The state of mind issue is a whole different problem...:pray:'s to all family and friends of all those involved is such tragedies...

The site has been very slow all morning, but I just clicked on the link I posted and it came right up. Try stopping the load (click X on the left of the address bar), then try refreshing the page.

Bob Denman
10-27-2016, 10:41 AM
It was slow; but came up just fine here... (eventually!)

Dmpsam
10-27-2016, 10:43 AM
Such a tragedy!
Sad that this mother had to leave her children so soon.
My heart goes out to her family and friends.
Everytime any of us ventures out on our bikes could be the last time....people are so distracted with EVERYTHING but the road they are driving on.
Be safe out there!

cuznjohn
10-27-2016, 11:11 AM
:pray::pray::pray:

bscrive
10-27-2016, 11:30 AM
About 15 years ago something similar happened to our neighbour. They were having a bad sting of luck that started with their house burning down and then when they were rebuilding the house it burned down again somehow. After they finished the second build, he was traveling home from work when some distraught woman decided to swerve in front of him intent on killing herself. She succeeded, but killed him as well. Another guy we know saw it happen right in front of him.
You never know if that person driving towards you has some mental issues, or are playing with their phone. It's a crazy world out there.

ARtraveler
10-27-2016, 01:30 PM
Thoughts and :pray::pray: for the family. :thumbup:

Deanna777
10-27-2016, 04:42 PM
Sending :pray::pray::pray::pray: to the family!

Everyone ride safe!

Deanna

Deanna777
10-27-2016, 04:45 PM
I was riding in this area on Sunday, and noticed a lot of police activity. Why this woman veered into the oncoming traffic lane has yet to be determined. This is a terrible tragedy for all involved, and maybe could have been prevented.

Please keep the victims and their families in your thoughts. And remember - it could happen to one of us.

http://www.ride-ct.com/?p=18837 (http://www.ride-ct.com/?p=18837[/QUOTE) The link worked for me. Deanna

Sam Mac
10-27-2016, 05:36 PM
That area is just a few miles north from where I used to live. Route 63 for the most part is a straight road. I have to wonder if it wasn't a texting while driving thing or if maybe the cage driver did it on purpose. Prayers to the family. :pray::pray:

JimVonBaden
10-27-2016, 06:36 PM
What a sad situation. Prayers for both families!

Bob Denman
10-28-2016, 07:29 AM
Have they figured out why she did this? :dontknow:

jaherbst
10-28-2016, 09:16 AM
Very sobering. Could happen anytime anywhere.

Jack

oldguyinTX
10-28-2016, 10:07 AM
Have they figured out why she did this? :dontknow:

The latest information that I saw this morning is that the female driver of the SUV gave a statement to the police that there was a motorcycle in her lane, and she swerved into the oncoming traffic lane to avoid hitting it. No toxicology report as of yet, or any information as to whether or not she was texting or otherwise distracted.

Bob Denman
10-28-2016, 10:23 AM
Thanks for this info... :thumbup:

Deanna777
10-28-2016, 04:55 PM
Very sobering. Could happen anytime anywhere.

Jack:agree: Deanna