10-27-2016, 10:09 AM
any suggestions for a new seat,:hun: ultimate vs corban

GA_Spyderman
10-27-2016, 10:15 AM
Russell Day Long, hands down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chupaca
10-27-2016, 10:22 AM
Your going to have to do some homework on this one...finding folks with matching butts is near impossible. Finding ryders with the many different seats may be easier and if they allow you to sit on them a good place to start. Being a rather :hun: expensive investment not many have tried them all and can give you a good comparison nor will their needs fit yours....good luck with the search...:thumbup:

trikermutha
10-27-2016, 10:23 AM
I been pretty happy with the Ultimate seat. :thumbup:

ARtraveler
10-27-2016, 01:37 PM
Seats are tough in finding the right one. We are all a bit different. I purchased the CanAm Comfort seat for my 2014 RT-S and it works perfect for me. It sets me back a bit, has the lumbar support, and does not turn to mush after fifty miles. And, all that for about $600.

The other seats mentioned are considered "better," but I have only tried Corbin as an aftermarket seat. People either like Corbin or hate them because they are to "hard." Those of us that liked them, (me 55,000 plus miles on two different :ani29::spyder2:), say they are "supportive." :yes:

Bob Denman
10-27-2016, 01:42 PM
We really can't help you... nojoke
You need to listen to a real ass in order to get the right answer: your own! :D
Get to a gathering of Spyders, and see what folks are using, and see if they'll give you a quick "test-fit" on them...
Your own bottom will let you know, when it's found the proper perch! :2thumbs:

OverHillAndDale
10-27-2016, 01:49 PM
All of these responses are correct. I have an Ultimate and I love it although I have an AirHawk and sometimes have buyer's regret over not looking at RDL.

One note about Ultimate - you can order one, try it, and return it for just shipping (which isn't cheap, big box) if it's undamaged and within 2 weeks (I think 2 weeks). It is the only manufacturer that lets you try as far as I know.

OverHillAndDale
10-27-2016, 01:50 PM
Also - Mustang now has Spyder seats and I think they also let you try before you buy. I kind of wish you would because to date people have only been able to talk about Ultimate, RDL, and Corbin.

gtownspyder
10-27-2016, 02:27 PM
We really can't help you... nojoke
You need to listen to a real ass in order to get the right answer: your own! :D
Get to a gathering of Spyders, and see what folks are using, and see if they'll give you a quick "test-fit" on them...
Your own bottom will let you know, when it's found the proper perch! :2thumbs:

Thanks, will look around here at our Lone Star Rally in G-town!

Bob Denman
10-27-2016, 02:36 PM
If you've got a rally coming up: that's the place to be! :clap:
Happy Hunting, and Good Luck! :2thumbs:

fjray
10-27-2016, 04:03 PM
Another vote for the Russell. I'm on my fifth one and loved them all.

PW2013STL
10-27-2016, 06:12 PM
I have gone though 3 seats ( stock, BRP confort, Ultimate) before I went with Russel Day Long.

I should have known better having had two Russell's on past motorcycls. I should have just started with the Russell and saved a lot of $ that I spent on the others.

pitzerwm
10-27-2016, 09:55 PM
I have a Ultimate and think that the seat is great BUT more important is the customer service after the sale and if you read around here, Corbin has gone to hell and doesn't even bother with customer service. I wouldn't care if the seat was great and free, until they get their mojo back, if ever, I'm not going down that road.

Ex Winger
10-28-2016, 05:54 AM
Replacig the seat is a very tough decission.I found th stock seat felt great just sitting on it but after an hour hated it.Would be nice if you could borrow a bike and ride it with each seat to find the best for you.I went with the Ultimate because i had 1 before plus their return policy and really like it.Tryed the Corbin on a friends bike not for me but he loved it.Good luck a comfy seat makes the ride so much better.
Bill