PDA

View Full Version : 290 mi. for yesterday's ride into AR/MS. ...a bit of outer tire wear on left front...

Greg H.
04-04-2009, 07:55 AM
I headed out about 8:40AM. It never warmed beyond 68 degrees for the day. But, it was really nice. After eating a hearty breakfast at the Cracker Barrel in West Memphis (about 55 miles west of my house), I headed west on I-40 for a few more miles before exiting the highway and began riding the backroads south of the Hwy. Lots of open country - farm country. And, there were some areas with trees. Not so much on this ride, though. I ended up enjoying a nice lunch in W. Helena, AR before heading back over the Mississippi River into Mississippi.

From there, I worked my way north and east towards Oakland / Somerville, TN. I decided to stop in Olive Branch Suzuki / Yamaha to visit for a few minutes. This is the dealer I purchased my HJC helmets from, and a couple of other accessories.
By the way.... if you have been considering a rain suit purchase in the future, I discovered the Field Sheer brand 2XL works well for me. :thumbup: I'm 6'4" - 200 lbs.

Upon leaving the dealer is when I noticed that my front left tire is wearing on the outer edge. The right tire is consistent across the tread. But, there is noticeably more wear on the left front. Looks like an alignment issue (or, tow?). And, I always check tire pressure before a ride - usually weekly. I keep 17.5 or 18 lbs in my fronts.

I hope I can get it over to the dealer this morning, and have them address this before it gets worse.

zzneonzz
04-04-2009, 08:03 AM
Sounds like a nice ride Greg. Did you go ahead and get the rain suit while you were there i've been very happy with mine. I curious to hear what the dealer says about the tire and what they do to fix it.

Greg H.
04-04-2009, 08:09 AM
Sounds like a nice ride Greg. Did you go ahead and get the rain suit while you were there i've been very happy with mine. I curious to hear what the dealer says about the tire and what they do to fix it.

:thumbup: It was really neat day, Tim! Wish you could have joined me!
I didn't get the rain suit yet - just tried it on.
Well; I hope they can just make an adjustment, and that cures it. I sure as Hell don't want to replace a front when I have the rear replaced in the next few weeks! Lol!

Bersquack
04-04-2009, 08:44 AM
Sounds like you had a good time!

You should get some kind of award for always posting very long post titles! :joke:

ptoemmes
04-04-2009, 02:48 PM
When mine start to wear I am going to have the dealer rotate them....

...and turn the Spyder into a traditional trike. :D

Greg H.
04-05-2009, 07:41 AM
Sounds like you had a good time!

You should get some kind of award for always posting very long post titles! :joke:

It was great! I know.... I like to tell the 'whole story'! :cheers:

Lamonster
04-05-2009, 08:24 AM
Sounds ride a good day. :thumbup: