PDA

View Full Version : unwanted emails from sites not visited...

wyliec
10-26-2016, 07:34 AM
I keep unsubscribing from unwanted websites, and every time I do it seems I get emails from a couple more sites that I've never visited. Anyone else have that problem, and how did you correct it? Does the unsubscribe function actually work?

For the past couple weeks I've been marking the unwanted emails as junk, and they go into the junk file. I still have to browse the address from where they came to make sure they are junk. Every now and then I find one that is not junk.

Motorcycledave
10-26-2016, 07:39 AM
Welcome to the club

I keep unsubscribing from unwanted websites, and every time I do it seems I get emails from a couple more sites that I've never visited. Anyone else have that problem, and how did you correct it? Does the unsubscribe function actually work?

For the past couple weeks I've been marking the unwanted emails as junk, and they go into the junk file. I still have to browse the address from where they came to make sure they are junk. Every now and then I find one that is not junk.

Bob Denman
10-26-2016, 07:43 AM
:agree: I have to create a couple of new "filters" every day... :banghead:

Pirate looks at --
10-26-2016, 09:05 AM
Just stop reading emails! problem solved!:roflblack:

Chupaca
10-26-2016, 09:44 AM
I generally don't unsubscribe because of that but just delete or send to spam. Usually once sent to spam the next one automatically goes to spam and I no longer have to deal with it. Some times you have to block them depends on the system....:banghead:

Bob Denman
10-26-2016, 09:53 AM
I'm getting tired of all of the Russian Brides, that keep bothering me... :banghead:
I think that I'll forward their emails to my Nigerian Prince. Maybe he wants them for his harem!

Pirate looks at --
10-26-2016, 09:56 AM
I'm getting tired of all of the Russian Brides, that keep bothering me... :banghead:
I think that I'll forward their emails to my Nigerian Prince. Maybe he wants them for his harem!

Well Bob you have to remember that there is a certain New Yorker that has made a living ordering mail order brides from Eastern European Countries, so you can't blame a girl for trying to find another one!:roflblack:

Bob Denman
10-26-2016, 10:28 AM
:shocked: They'll be sorely disappointed... :banghead:

Trbayth
10-26-2016, 12:04 PM

Every time you unsubscribe you just confirm that it's a valid email address. Mark them as spam but depending on your email service your results will vary; the spammers are expert at getting around spam blocks. It's a constant battle.

lou49
10-26-2016, 12:31 PM
I g n o r e them!
I don't open anything I haven't solicit or recognized! Just my opinion!

jerpinoy
10-26-2016, 12:44 PM
I don't entertain them, simply ignore and they will go away.

ARtraveler
10-26-2016, 01:17 PM
:agree: Ignore and send to spam. Never thought about it, but unsubscribe is an acknowledgement that they have another valid e-mail address.

Bob Denman
10-26-2016, 01:41 PM
:agree::agree: I NEVER oipen any of them... I just have another filter created, and send them right to the trash.
The trash gets "taken out" on a daily basis. I leave nothing extra laying around...

PrairieSpyder
10-26-2016, 04:40 PM
I use unroll.me. There's the web-site and an app. Give it the email address you're getting spam on. Every day it looks at all the email received, identifies possible spam, and lets you decide if you want to keep getting mail from that sender in your in-box, unsubscribe, or have it up into a daily summary called a roll-up. Now when I look at that email inbox some messages appear briefly, then disappear; then it show up in my roll-up the next morning.

Sam Mac
10-26-2016, 05:10 PM
I have an e-mail account just for those places that require you to give an e-mail address. I check it every once in a while and just delete almost all of them. No Russian babes have shown up yet. :roflblack:

Red angel
10-26-2016, 05:15 PM

The reason you a receiving additional emails is that by unsubscribing the sender knows that they have a valid email address and then is selling the list with your email on it. This was explained to me by a friend who is head of securities ty at a major phone company. I also learned this the hard way. The correct way too get rid of them is simply delete them.

Bob Denman
10-26-2016, 05:27 PM
The reason you a receiving additional emails is that by unsubscribing the sender knows that they have a valid email address and then is selling the list with your email on it. This was explained to me by a friend who is head of securities ty at a major phone company. I also learned this the hard way. The correct way too get rid of them is simply delete them.
But with all of those young Russian Lovelies: looking for husbands...
and the Nigerian Princes who want to send me money...
(Forget about all of the folks who'll give me more hair, whiter teeth, bigger personal parts, more business leads, siding for my house, and Gawd knows what else!)

...It's tough to not want to peek ONCE in a while! :D

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-26-2016, 05:33 PM
:agree: ..... Mike :thumbup: