PDA

View Full Version : Voltage meter and clock

Ex-Rocket
10-25-2016, 03:35 PM
I just bought a voltage meter and clock to mount on my 2015 RTS Spyder from Glowshift where my current fuel gauge & temp gauge are. I think the voltage meter only requires a switched 12 Volt and ground (2 wires) but the clock needs a switched and constant 12 volt and a ground (3 wires). Can somebody please tell me if all the wires that I need are behind the dash and if so, what colored wires are what? Thanks

pegasus1300
10-25-2016, 04:08 PM
the switched wires are behind the dash and they are hooked to the gauges you are about to remove. Finless Bob has a video on installing the volt meter,it is very simple. As to the clock you may have to to bring a constant line up from your battery.
BTW what closck did you get?

Ex-Rocket
10-25-2016, 04:19 PM
I bought the Glowshift Model GS-C718 clock gauge

IdahoMtnSpyder
10-25-2016, 07:08 PM
I just bought a voltage meter and clock to mount on my 2015 RTS Spyder from Glowshift where my current fuel gauge & temp gauge are. I think the voltage meter only requires a switched 12 Volt and ground (2 wires) but the clock needs a switched and constant 12 volt and a ground (3 wires). Can somebody please tell me if all the wires that I need are behind the dash and if so, what colored wires are what? Thanks
The orange with red wires, two for each gauge, are switched power. Black with violet is ground. There is no full time power wire connected to the gauges. That is if the 2015 wire colors are the same as 2014, which they probably are.

It would be worth the $25 to $30 to buy a copy of the service manual. It has a wiring diagram in it. Full time power wires are scattered around under the tupperware but they vary in color. Go to canammanuals.com.

Cruzr Joe
10-25-2016, 09:08 PM
Just remember that a wired clock is a constant (although minimal) drain on your battery.

Cruzr Joe

machead
10-25-2016, 09:54 PM
Something to keep in mind with the Glow Shift gauges. They are not water proof or water resistant. After replacing a couple of times because they got rained on, I just went back to the stock gauges.