10-25-2016, 09:38 AM
200 mph at treetop level :bowdown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vMDy7X94fc

Bob Denman
10-25-2016, 09:51 AM
:shocked: I need a drink, and a nap! :shocked:

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-25-2016, 10:31 AM
200 MPH ...... no way ..... and the film/video isn't being shown in slow motion, watch the pilot's head movements............ Mike :thumbup:

oldguyinTX
10-25-2016, 11:57 AM
Love the sticker on the back of the pilot's head.:clap:

ARtraveler
10-25-2016, 12:45 PM
Interesting. That's a new ride for me. :thumbup:

Peter Aawen
10-25-2016, 05:49 PM
Noice footage, pretty impressive entertainment type vid! :thumbup: But I really don't think he's flying as low as some might think, I'd guess the 'fish-eye' wide angle view is making the peripheral vision stuff look higher/closer than it is in reality - check out the roads & houses you can see as they fly over; they appear to be pretty small due to the clearance/distance they are from then, unless they are actually just miniature props!! So their flying speed may well be somewhat faster than it appears at first glance of the vid simply because they are higher & further away from everything than you might originally assume!! :rolleyes:

As for the 'dangerously low' in the vid title - no way, there are quite a few 10's of yards clearance at all times!! I watched that vid a few times, & no stage of the shown footage does the aircraft get anywhere as near to anything as you might on a freeway or even two-lane blacktop - there is tons of clearance at all times & they are being quite cautious in their flying!! Besides, the rotor blades on those things are fairly tough, but we don't ever see any leaves or upper tree branches being mulched, do we?? We'd all travel waaaay closer to other objects & vehicles each & every time we ryde our Spyder's than they got the rotors &/or skids/belly to anything - by at least a factor of ten!! But it IS a good vid to show to the rellies & prospective partners so they can see what you get to do in the 'office' some days! :thumbup:

M109Dreamer
10-25-2016, 07:16 PM
I flew UH-60 Blackhawks for the past 24 yrs. We do quite a bit of work with the Apaches. That is not low at all. We fly a lot lower, a lot lower. That is more closely related to terrain flight. NOE flight is what you want (Nap of Earth) Google NOE helicopter flight, there are several. We are also limited on airspeed for each particular flight mode. Now, in combat, those limits and be "greyed" at times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

IdahoMtnSpyder
10-25-2016, 07:23 PM
I have a hard time believing the video is real. There's something about the video that looks to me like it's a flight simulator virtual flight. Also, I question any pilot flying over populated areas like that that low. Good way to lose his pilot's license real quick, regardless whether he's civilian or military.