PDA

View Full Version : Akrapovic Silencers for an RT --- Are the cost and benefits worth the expense?

gerard
10-25-2016, 01:08 AM
There is no doubting the quality of Akrapovic silencers. But are the benefits really worth the $$?

Do they really give much of an improvement in horsepower and fuel economy relative to the OEM silencers?

Bob Denman
10-25-2016, 07:03 AM
:dontknow: What is it worth to you, to have a better part on your bike?
We really can't quantify the differences. (Unless somebody hooks a bike up to a dyno...)
It's a case of:

:D

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-25-2016, 10:52 AM
There is no doubting the quality of Akrapovic silencers. But are the benefits really worth the $$?

Do they really give much of an improvement in horsepower and fuel economy relative to the OEM silencers?
Cost in relation to Horsepower gains ............NO...... even if they showed a DYNO sheet to prove it !!! .... and I don't think one exists !!!!!!!!!........... Annnnnnnnnnnd a 5 % HP gain is meaningless unless you are racing for SERIOUSLY BIG money on an already Hugh HP engine..........but this is your money not mine :roflblack: ..... Mike :thumbup:

cuznjohn
10-25-2016, 11:13 AM
i bought one for my 13 rt, and it sounded nice, but i really didn't notice a difference in power, when i got my 14 rt, i decided i didn't need one for the cost of it

taxmyzer
10-25-2016, 11:25 AM
The sound. No real gain in power the sound however is more to my liking. So, if it's power you're looking for save your money.

gerard
10-26-2016, 02:20 AM
Thanks for your comments. At AUD $1300 I would want a worthwhile improvement in both economy and horsepower to warrant this sort of expense. That sort of money can be better used elsewhere.

Happy spydering. :riding: