PDA

View Full Version : It's never good to have extra parts

armyspydervet
10-22-2016, 10:16 PM
I installed some TricLED lights that required me to tap my tail light wires. When I took the pushpins off, a flat metal pieces with a hole in it (see photo) came out if each side. Does anyone know where they came from and how to put them back in?

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-23-2016, 12:20 AM
Not great pics , but I'm guessing the large hole is for a bolt or push/pin to go thru...... the end piece looks like it could secure a wire to that piece ..................... Mike :thumbup:

Copperman
10-23-2016, 06:10 AM
I installed some TricLED lights that required me to tap my tail light wires. When I took the pushpins off, a flat metal pieces with a hole in it (see photo) came out if each side. Does anyone know where they came from and how to put them back in?

Last month Reggy was installing the run/turn/brake lights on my F3 Limited. When he was loosening the saddlebags I remember something like that coming out. It had a tab and he mentioned it. That's as much as I remember about it.

If I were you, I'd send Reggy an email asking him about those little tabs. I'm sure he'd tell you where they go. He's pretty helpful.

On a side note, many times I've worked on my Spyder and had an extra push pin or two left over. I just laugh and move on. I'm pretty proud of myself when I have nothing left over.

armyspydervet
10-23-2016, 06:59 AM
Last month Reggy was installing the run/turn/brake lights on my F3 Limited. When he was loosening the saddlebags I remember something like that coming out. It had a tab and he mentioned it. That's as much as I remember about it.

If I were you, I'd send Reggy an email asking him about those little tabs. I'm sure he'd tell you where they go. He's pretty helpful.

On a side note, many times I've worked on my Spyder and had an extra push pin or two left over. I just laugh and move on. I'm pretty proud of myself when I have nothing left over.
Those are the lights I was installing. I will shoot him an email.

Bob Denman
10-23-2016, 10:09 AM

Good luck with finding the proper place to "hide" them! :thumbup:

armyspydervet
10-23-2016, 10:32 AM

Good luck with finding the proper place to "hide" them! :thumbup:
I was just happy I was able to install these light myself. I've had them since spyderfest and finally got brave enough to install them after Reggy sent me the harness. Also PS, want to say what good customer service I have gotten from TricLED.

JayBros
10-23-2016, 10:39 AM
Go to the parts page for your Spyder at this link and you'll probably be ale to see exactly where they're from.
http://parts.spyder.brp.com/Index.aspx?s1=piut37g7berb1m41dra7jgl3q6&catalog_id=0&language_id=1&siteid=1

Bob Denman
10-23-2016, 10:40 AM
I was just happy I was able to install these light myself. I've had them since spyderfest and finally got brave enough to install them after Reggy sent me the harness. Also PS, want to say what good customer service I have gotten from TricLED.

:congrats: :clap:
I've also had nothing but the best of dealings with them! :yes::yes::yes:

cuznjohn
10-23-2016, 10:51 AM
when i had my wing, i always had left over parts, just put them in a box, and next time you work on it, you will find where they are missing

Bob Denman
10-23-2016, 10:58 AM
:agree: Always save the parts...
Eventually: you'll have enough of them, to build an entirely new bike! nojoke

armyspydervet
10-23-2016, 02:53 PM
Reggy got back with me. I found where they go. Here are a few pics in case someone else has this happen.

Peteoz
10-23-2016, 04:15 PM
Reggy got back with me. I found where they go. Here are a few pics in case someone else has this happen.

Thanks Army......I am about to do exactly that mod as soon as Cindy sends the new OEM harness.....it'll save a call to Reggy :thumbup:;)

Bob Denman
10-23-2016, 04:36 PM

Chris,
:congrats: :clap:
Soooo... How many MORE parts, are you still hiding??? :D

armyspydervet
10-23-2016, 04:54 PM
Thanks Army......I am about to do exactly that mod as soon as Cindy sends the new OEM harness.....it'll save a call to Reggy :thumbup:;)
The harness made the wiring easy. However, I did blow out a few LEDs installing the light strip. Take the curves slow and don't press too hard