PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty moving sm10h from frunk to trunk

Brentc
10-19-2016, 02:07 PM
Was asking my dealer how difficult would it be to relocate my SENA Bluetooth to the trunk
from the frunk. He said quite involved. Anyone have any insight into this as far as what is involved?

pegasus1300
10-19-2016, 04:22 PM
I don't know how involved removing it from your frunk is but putting it in your trunk is quite easy.Go to Motorcycle Dave's website and watch his install video.
motorcycledave.com

Brentc
10-19-2016, 05:19 PM
I don't know how involved removing it from your frunk is but putting it in your trunk is quite easy.Go to Motorcycle Dave's website and watch his install video.
motorcycledave.com

Thanks Paul, I'll do that :thumbup:

finless
10-19-2016, 05:44 PM
You do have to remove all the right side panels in order to remove the cable to the Frunk. Not hard and you will easily do it once the panels are off.

Bob

Brentc
10-19-2016, 05:51 PM
You do have to remove all the right side panels in order to remove the cable to the Frunk. Not hard and you will easily do it once the panels are off.

Bob
Thanks Bob, I've had those panels off before and it's not so bad. I'm thinking if the dealer says it's going to be an expensive endeavor I'll just do it myself.

Jetfixer
10-19-2016, 07:06 PM
Been there, done that. Wouldn't do it again. If you can just get another cable and leave the front one in place. It's not so much that you have to take off all the right side panels, but getting the front end fittings out between the frunk and the frame between the fuse boxes was torture.

bcer960
10-20-2016, 09:11 AM
I did it myself a couple months ago. It took about 1.5 hours. It wasn't hard to do, but made a world of difference in the way the dongle worked. None of the wires had to be cut to move it. I coiled the extra wire up, and put it in the right rear speaker cavity.

Ray