PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycles vs Spyder

Lamonster
04-03-2009, 12:45 PM
I've heard and read some of the comments about the Spyder from "motorcycle" guys and I think it's kinda funny. For some reason some of these guys think that no "real biker" would ride a Spyder. If you think I'm making this up just read some of the comments on some of the Spyder videos on youtube.

Now I know the Spyder is not a motorcycle and was never marketed as such. I know there are a lot of Spyder owners who have never ridden a motorcycle and this is their first open air riding experience.

I also know that there are those with physical limitations that has brought them to purchasing the Spyder. Maybe this is the first time that anything has been made that resembles a motorcycle that they've been able to ride or afford. Then there are those who have ridden motorcycles but for one reason or another they can no longer hold up a motorcycle and the Spyder is the answer for their problem.

Then there's the guys and gals like me. I ridden and owned just about every type of motorcycle there is. From 100cc dirtbikes to 5700cc V8 motorcycles and just about everything in between. I just like being in the wind and it has nothing to do with me not being able to ride anything else. I can ride whatever I want.

I got my Spyder right after I got my KFX700 4wheeler. That thing is a blast to ride on the dirt and to me the Spyder is just as much as a blast except I get to ride it on the street. Even though the Spyder isn't a motorcycle it is no less fun than any of the bikes I've owned through the years and right now it's the funest thing I own because it isn't a motorcycle. I still love my bikes but I really fell in love with the Spyder.

I don't know how many of you remember the movie Quigley Down Under but there was a classic line toward the end of the movie. Quigley was hired by this bad guy to do some long range shooting. Turns out he wanted him to shoot people so he didn't want the job.

He was an expert shot with a rifle and the bad guy concidered himself an expert with a pistiol. At one point Quigley made a comment that he didn't have much use for a pistol. The bad guy took that as he wasn't very good at shooting a pistol. If you watch this little video you'll see how that turned out if you've never seen the movie.

I feel the same way about the Spyder. It's not that I can't ride a motorcycle or that I'm not very good at riding a motorcycle. It's just that right now I'm really enjoying my Spyder. :doorag:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eT33eT30Uc

sleepman
04-03-2009, 12:54 PM
One of my favorite movies of all time. "God created man, Sam Colt made'em equal".

I consider myself to be a biker. I've been riding 2 wheels since I was 7, got a moped when I was 14 (go ahead and laugh, but I was licensed and on the road), got my motorcycle license and my first motorcycle at 16 and have never looked back. I ride everyday rain or shine. Now people can say what they want about the Spyder, but I don't think it makes me any less of a rider or biker. The thing has a fun factor to it and also brings a little more safety, which with all the blue haired snow birds around doesn't sound like such a bad thing to me.

RoHo
04-03-2009, 12:55 PM
I'm with you Lamonster!!! And I loved that movie - have the dvd. :clap:

Roho

crazycanuck
04-03-2009, 01:01 PM
Lamont, could have used you at the sport bikes ride.......some of them said exactly what you wrote

M2Wild
04-03-2009, 01:11 PM
My local m/c store call the Spyder "quad bike". I am like there is noting quad about these things.

FANG
04-03-2009, 01:33 PM
Negaitve comments with out ever trying the :spyder2: can be taken with a grain of salt. Ignorance is alway LOUD but seldom ACCURATE.

I am one of those with limited 2 wheel experience. I am a disabled vet and the Spyder offers me an alternative that I may not have been able to experience without this machine.

Motorcycle or not it is the open air ryde that drew me. I was all set to buy a 2 wheeler but the wife convinced me that we should go wtih the :spyder2:; best advice she has ever given me (and believe me she gives ADVICE all the time -- LOL).

I for one am proud of my ryde and to those ignorant souls I say "MOVE OVER A :spyder2: COMING THRU."

daddydarko
04-03-2009, 01:48 PM
The :spyder2: was the first bike I ever owned. I own a Buell now too. I bought it to understand the difference between 2 and 3 wheels and to establish some cred with my rider friends. ;)

Here are the facts: the :f_spider: is smarter, safer, and a bigger head-turner than most things on 2 wheels. With the :spyder:, you get innovation and piece of mind along with one helluva fun time. What you don't get is the knee dragging, hooligan fun of a sportbike.

I would also never let my boy ride with me on my Buell. When a pothole or rodent is all that stands between you and death, it's an easy decision.

SpydeeBite2
04-03-2009, 01:51 PM
It is unfortunate that some can not think or see outside the box they "ride" in. Do these people say the same thing of a HD three wheeler or a Honda conversion?
Both in WI and now in FL we have met many many really nice people who think the :spyder:is quite inovative and just really cool.
We have had the :spyder:since July of last year and in that time I have met only one person who didn't like the :spyder:. He was a honda rider and he may have taken exception when I told him his bike was missing a wheel!
I know everyone is intiltled to their opinion but the truth be told we are having so much fun with the :spyder:to really give a dam what some may think.
Ron

crazycanuck
04-03-2009, 01:51 PM
The :spyder2: was the first bike I ever owned. I own a Buell now too. I bought it to understand the difference between 2 and 3 wheels and to establish some cred with my rider friends. ;)

Here are the facts: the :f_spider: is smarter, safer, and a bigger head-turner than most things on 2 wheels. With the :spyder:, you get innovation and piece of mind along with one helluva fun time. What you don't get is the knee dragging, hooligan fun of a sportbike.

I would also never let my boy ride with me on my Buell. When a pothole or rodent is all that stands between you and death, it's an easy decision.

i seem to be riding my sports bike a lot less these days:agree:

Buelldog
04-03-2009, 02:09 PM
I wear my Harley Jacket when I am riding my Spyder and My Spyder/CanAm jacket when I am riding my Buell.....Talk about foggy looks from other bikers.......After 54 years of riding and owning 70 plus bikes, trikes, atv's......Spydie has a fun factor niche all its own and who cares what class of vehicle it falls under!!:read:

Roger
04-03-2009, 02:09 PM
AMEN RON. :agree:

NancysToy
04-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Well stated Lamont! Same thing happens between brands. There will always be short-sighted people and those that just can't understand. We will seldom convince them. I just grin and ride on, knowing that I have experienced something they will never know. Heck, I've fallen off motorcycles going faster than most folks have ever ridden them. I earned the right to ride whatever I please. We all have, even the beginners, the way I see it.
-Scotty

Hoog
04-03-2009, 03:05 PM
Obviously I'm a motorcycle guy, because I never would have spent the money on a Spyder for myself. It just doesn't "do it" for me. It's great to grab and run down to the store, or blast around a bit, but I'm not taking any trips on it. I don't consider it "smarter" or more safe, and its lack of range is kinda ridiculous really.

But...I do love the Spyder. Let me explain.

My wife and I like to tour. For a long time that meant her on the back of my BMW, riding the Smokies, Ozarks, Rockies, the Wasatch....the Keys...through the U.P. ...you get the picture. My wife eventually started riding her own, but never more than a day away from home. The trips where she took hers were the most nerve racking I'd ever taken.

I would spend the entire trip with one eye on the road and one in the mirror. Her work schedule kept her from ever getting the seat time required to be really proficient on the bike, especially in slow speed situations like parking lots. She rode fine, but every gas stop was another opportunity for disaster. It wasn't fun for either of us, and forget her taking it anywhere without me (her decision, not mine).

Then along came the Spyder, and I don't worry about her anymore.

My wife loves this thing. Gone are the problems and doubt she never could overcome on the bikes. It's now enjoyable for her to take it to the store, or just out for a ride to clear out the day at work. She has put more miles on the Spyder in the year we've owned it than she put on all of the bikes she owned combined.

Last August she took the Spyder on our 5500 mile trip to Utah, The Black Hills and back. She never would have done that...experienced that...on her own motorcycle. Late on day two (and again on day three, and again on the way back home), she did say she'd gained a new found respect for what I and other long distance riders go through. She's a trooper and can't wait for our next trip.

I've heard the BS about how "it's not a motorcycle"; my answer is always "who cares?" From my experience, the kind of people that say that generally have a very narrow viewpoint on what motorcycling is anyway. I loved the looks of the skeptical "bikers" out west when they would finally notice the Florida tags.

"You rode that all the way out here?"

"You don't see any trailers around do you?"

Priceless

Crotch rockets and cruisers just aren't versatile enough for me, but I would never disparage their appeal. Same for the Spyder. It opens up what I most enjoy in life (well....almost) to a whole new group of riders. How is that a bad thing?

Pic of the SO in Badlands N.P. ...

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd78/DrunkenMime_bucket/CCR_Stuff/CCR08/Utah114s.jpg

Don in E Texas
04-03-2009, 03:12 PM
1971 - my friend and I just arrived in Ruidoso, NM for the 10th Annual Apencade Motorcyclist Convention. We were in the main site's parking lot when a Honda Goldwing arrived -- couple got off.... A few minutes later a dude arrived on his BMW-- wearing high dollar touring clothing and looking like he just stepped out of a motorcycle advertisement. The women approached him and we'lcomed him as they were both from the same State (won't mention the New England State - does not matter). The BMW rider never spoke to her - never said a word; just looked at the bike and saw it was not a BMW and walked away. A lasting impression on me (38 yrs ago!!). I hope I NEVER act like that towards anyone - for any reason.

I was on my Suzuki - 550 --- later to be traded for Honda Interstate Goldwing..

Don

2spyders
04-03-2009, 03:20 PM
My wife loves this thing. Gone are the problems and doubt she never could overcome on the bikes. It's now enjoyable for her to take it to the store, or just out for a ride to clear out the day at work. She has put more miles on the Spyder in the year we've owned it than she put on all of the bikes she owned combined.

Ditto :agree:, me too.

I saw hubby's trunk and two-up seat for his Harley stuck in the back of the garage all covered in dust the other day and that's when it hit me that we hadn't ridden two-up since the day I got the Spyder last July.

When people ask me why I like it, I say "goes fast and won't fall down." That's all I need.

Smylinacha
04-03-2009, 03:36 PM
I would spend the entire trip with one eye on the road and one in the mirror. Her work schedule kept her from ever getting the seat time required to be really proficient on the bike, especially in slow speed situations like parking lots. She rode fine, but every gas stop was another opportunity for disaster. It wasn't fun for either of us, and forget her taking it anywhere without me (her decision, not mine).

I'll agree w/ ya there and I'm sure my hubby HDX would too - he used to worry about me BAD when I was on my bikes. Sometimes my neck would be so messed up my arms would tingle and it was hard for me to hang onto the bars. Or I'd be so tired after a long ride to the destination and then realize I had to go all the way back home on the same day and I sometimes I was zoning out on the way home - having no idea how I got there. Then there was the stress of trying to hold up my Harley on an incline w/ a sharp turn - that sucked. Then I got the Spyder and all of that nonsense disappeared! I do miss two wheels a little bit but I don't have any more mishaps when riding.:2thumbs:

SpyderByter
04-03-2009, 04:01 PM
Whatever blows your hair back.

Been on plenty of fund raiser rides that were 99% Harleys, then me on my Suzuki. Never bothered me then, and I will continue to go now on my Spyder. Nice and comfy.

Someone don't like my ride? :cus: 'em

From what I have seen, you can put a really nice Harley next to a Spyder, and the Spyder always gets noticed. Put it next to a nice car, it will still draw more curiousity. This happens when ever I am riding with someone.

Everyone has thier preferences. I prefer open air over a car, and now I prefer 3 wheels.:2thumbs:

cisaacs
04-03-2009, 04:24 PM
I started on a Spyder and liked it a lot. After a few months I came down with a bad case of 2 wheel syndrome and traded for a 2 wheeler. I have found that I ride the 2 wheeler a lot less than the Spyder and I don't take my son on the 2 wheeler like we did on the Spyder. If I could of afforded it I would have both but I do love my Yamaha Raider and miss the Spyder. I do not feel any diffrent on 2 wheels than I did on the Spyder. I think it does not matter if you ride a 500 dollar 20 year old bike or a decked out Harley as long as it is not a cage.

Dudley
04-03-2009, 05:13 PM
My wife and I love talking to people about our SE5 Spyder. We have received countless thumbs up from Harley riders. The snobbiest have been the GoldWing riders. Crossed about 10 one day and not ONE wave even though my wife was waving to them. You would think at least on passenger would have waved. Oh well, the air is still feeling good. We talked to a man at a gas station who had to stop riding because he didn't feel comfortable holding up a big bike anymore (he was 62). He said the Spyder could be his way of riding again. A lady in Rite-Aid Drugs asked, "Are you the ones on that contraption? What is that thing?" So we proceeded to tell her.

aka1004
04-03-2009, 06:02 PM
One of replies I saw on YouTube was "why don't you just learn to ride a real bike" well I come from sportbike side and spyder is way more fun. I think I am having more fun on spyder because I feel so much safer ok it.

Roaddog2
04-03-2009, 07:41 PM
I always figured a trike would be in my future when a 1000lb bike became too much. I just assumed it would be a Harley. When Roaddog told me he put a deposit on a Spyder, I thought he lost his last few marbles.....A month or so later, Smylie and I rode up to Mass to check out a demo(CT didn't have dealers then) They wouldn't let us ride it because it was raining(even though we rode 2 wheels 150 miles to get there....go figure). I came away impressed with the design and engineering however. Last spring, Roaddog recieved his, and CT came online. I think Smilinacha put a deposit down before she finished her test ride. There's been no looking back for her. It's been a great experience for me, also. I'm not ready to give up 2 wheels yet, but I do get to ride the Spyder often. That Harley trike I thought was in my future, will probably be a Spyder now. We've always hung around in Harley dominated circles, and the Spyder has been very well recieved. (Especially when ya' light off that 2 Brothers can.....) Most of the raised eyebrows belong to the ignorant, all the "real" bikers I know are impressed with the machine.....The best response yet was from two H.A. guys right here in CT.
and they loved it they neven asked me were they can go test ride 1 and were very inpressed with the little Micro burn I did for them:ani29:

NancysToy
04-03-2009, 07:45 PM
I have to chime in again. My experience was identical to some others here. I hated two-up riding on the tall, top-heavy BMW, but my wife wasn't comfortable on her own bike, and I would be worried sick. I know Hoog's trick of riding in my mirrors all the time. The Spyder changed the world, for both Nancy and for me. She rides anywhere now, and I don't look back constantly. I also get to leave that silly topcase and backrest behind. Call it anything you want, ride it, make fun of it, or ignore it, but anything that turned my wife into a real rider and lets me ride lead solo, without worrying, deserves an award. If I had room in the garage, I'd have a second Spyder for myself.
-Scotty

Roaddog2
04-03-2009, 07:53 PM
I have to chime in again. My experience was identical to some others here. I hated two-up riding on the tall, top-heavy BMW, but my wife wasn't comfortable on her own bike, and I would be worried sick. I know Hoog's trick of riding in my mirrors all the time. The Spyder changed the world, for both Nancy and for me. She rides anywhere now, and I don't look back constantly. I also get to leave that silly topcase and backrest behind. Call it anything you want, ride it, make fun of it, or ignore it, but anything that turned my wife into a real rider and lets me ride lead solo, without worrying, deserves an award. If I had room in the garage, I'd have a second Spyder for myself.
-ScottyA nice large enough Shed next to that garage just might work just a thought for down the road :thumbup:

NancysToy
04-03-2009, 08:15 PM
A nice large enough Shed next to that garage just might work just a thought for down the road :thumbup:
That's full, too. Where do you think the tricycle lives? :D
-Scotty

vt228
04-03-2009, 08:15 PM
my wife and I road goldwing 1300cc a fat boy till I hurt my back had surgery L 4 L 5 fuzzed my back was told I well never ride again then after 2 yrs I rode a spyder in Laconia nh and I was back I payed for it then and there a week later I had my spyder .Harley riders around here tryed my spyder and took there breth away and say I have a bad ass bike and 5 have got spyders too . I wash my bike every month and wax her keep the fat boy covered and well never sell her my son rides her in summer. If I could hold her up I would be on her still but my spyder is my ride I still love my Harley fat boy.:thumbup:

palehorsevt
04-03-2009, 08:26 PM
It's funny the whole "biker" deal. I remember when the average joe citizen wouldn't even think of owning a bike yet a Harley. Then came great marketing, a need to feel a machine makes you something etc. If your in the wind, your in the wind. I find it funny at the new biker snob who only waves to his gold card buddy..

COOLMACHINE
04-03-2009, 10:16 PM
I like what SpyderByder wrote.
" Everyone has thier preferences. I prefer open air over a car, and now I prefer 3 wheels.:2thumbs:
And what Lamont wrote, " the Spyder is not a motorcycle and was never marketed as such.

That's what I let people know right away about the Spyder! It is a roadster. Not a bike and it's never claimed to be! I've got 5200 miles on mine now with only 1 negative response. I can ride whatever I want and I want to ride my Spyder!!! :yes:
I definately enjoyed my motorcycles. 1 Suzuki and 2 Kaws. All 3 were fantastic bikes. Between the 3, I put close to 75 thousand miles on them in 8 years here in Missouri. The only thing I dislike about 2-wheels is the gravel, salt, rocks, etc. that I come in contact with. I never get used to that.
That's all in the past now. I know...."Never say never" but I'll never own a 2-wheeler again. I love this Spyder! Hopefully they just keep making them. It will be a sad day if they ever stop.
Nice thread Lamont! I've enjoyed it. :clap: :spyder:

bone crusher
04-03-2009, 10:45 PM
I've heard and read some of the comments about the Spyder from "motorcycle" guys and I think it's kinda funny. For some reason some of these guys think that no "real biker" would ride a Spyder. If you think I'm making this up just read some of the comments on some of the Spyder videos on youtube.

Now I know the Spyder is not a motorcycle and was never marketed as such. I know there are a lot of Spyder owners who have never ridden a motorcycle and this is their first open air riding experience.

I also know that there are those with physical limitations that has brought them to purchasing the Spyder. Maybe this is the first time that anything has been made that resembles a motorcycle that they've been able to ride or afford. Then there are those who have ridden motorcycles but for one reason or another they can no longer hold up a motorcycle and the Spyder is the answer for their problem.

Then there's the guys and gals like me. I ridden and owned just about every type of motorcycle there is. From 100cc dirtbikes to 5700cc V8 motorcycles and just about everything in between. I just like being in the wind and it has nothing to do with me not being able to ride anything else. I can ride whatever I want.

I got my Spyder right after I got my KFX700 4wheeler. That thing is a blast to ride on the dirt and to me the Spyder is just as much as a blast except I get to ride it on the street. Even though the Spyder isn't a motorcycle it is no less fun than any of the bikes I've owned through the years and right now it's the funest thing I own because it isn't a motorcycle. I still love my bikes but I really fell in love with the Spyder.

I don't know how many of you remember the movie Quigley Down Under but there was a classic line toward the end of the movie. Quigley was hired by this bad guy to do some long range shooting. Turns out he wanted him to shoot people so he didn't want the job.

He was an expert shot with a rifle and the bad guy concidered himself an expert with a pistiol. At one point Quigley made a comment that he didn't have much use for a pistol. The bad guy took that as he wasn't very good at shooting a pistol. If you watch this little video you'll see how that turned out if you've never seen the movie.

I feel the same way about the Spyder. It's not that I can't ride a motorcycle or that I'm not very good at riding a motorcycle. It's just that right now I'm really enjoying my Spyder. :doorag:

YouTube - Quigley Down Under - The Final Gunfight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eT33eT30Uc)

Hey, you stole that guy from Die Hard!!

cousin
04-03-2009, 11:50 PM
I have only had my :spyder: since 03/06/09 and everone with 2 wheelers to 18wheelers want to know whats it like!!!! or can we try it out!!:thumbup: SPYDERLOVERS must be right on time:yes::firstplace::yes::cheers:

trikester
04-04-2009, 12:29 AM
When I built my dual-sport Yamaha TWTrikes sometimes I would get; "why'd you add an extra wheel to a perfectly good motorcycle"? From a motorcycle guy.

I'd tell him that; "it isn't a motorcycle with an extra wheel, it's a Jeep that's missing a wheel and has a motorcycle seat".

When a biker questions my Spyder I say; "it's not a motorcycle with an extra wheel, it's a hot sports car that's missing a wheel, and has a motorcycle seat".

Always shuts them up. :D

vt228
04-04-2009, 07:52 AM
Gave my fat boy to my son he had a axdent 4 yrs ago on his bike so I talked to him last knight and we had some beer's he was trying to get a V-rod couldnt get a loan so told him I love him and gave him the keys to her on one acount she stays in the family cant sell her . he hugged me and was so so happy he loves to ride her .cant see her sit there and get no miles he well take good care of her . KIDS LOL got to love them...

Director
04-04-2009, 08:10 AM

:agree: Couldn't have said it better. I have been riding conventional two-wheelers for almost 40 years, been a motorcycle riding instructor for the past 16, and I am loving the Spyder experience. Different than a motorcycle for sure, but every bit as awesome, even more so in some ways!

Bruce

czdaryle
04-04-2009, 08:22 AM
[quote=Hoog;85476]. I don't consider it "smarter" or more safe, and its lack of range is kinda ridiculous really.

The trips where she took hers were the most nerve racking I'd ever taken.

I would spend the entire trip with one eye on the road and one in the mirror.

So you do think it is safer:dontknow:

Biker
04-04-2009, 09:13 AM
I've been reading all your comments about the riders coming off other motorcycles and buying Spyders. I too have been riding about 45 years and have owned just about every make of bike. My last one was a Harley Ultra Classic which has taken me across the country coast to coast twice, so I'm no rookie when it comes to riding. I've kissed the asphalt a few times, even hugged a phone pole at speed that almost took my life but, I hung in there and continued riding. Having the same problems as some of the other riders here, I decided to look for something that I could ride and be more stable. After doing a demo-ride on a Spyder, it really made me smile and put some excitement back into my riding once again. Selling the Harley was a very big decision for me and all my Harley riding buddies thought I was insane. They told me I had to ride in the back. I responded with "Get out of the way, I'll lead" I bought an SE5 and haven't looked back. I'm having a ball. I don't have anything to prove to anyone. If they don't wanna ride with me, fine. If they don't want to wave at me, that's fine too. I'm having a ball. By the way, I loved that movie with Tom Sellick and Alan Rickman who plays the bad guy. Thanks Lamonster, keep up the good work.

tnfleming
04-04-2009, 09:34 AM
I think the spyder is more of a motorcycle than the HD ultra classic super glide or whatever they call that couch on wheels. Riding that thing one forgets that it has only two wheels! Smooth and comfortable but no torque or twisties!

Jeff in Dallas
04-04-2009, 10:15 AM
For me, the Spyder is closer to a go-cart than a motorcycle. No leaning, no countersteering, no dropping :shocked:, no scanning for every little patch in the road that could spell disaster, etc.

My Ultra Classic would go from a fantastic touring machine to a single seat cruiser (with PLENTY of power) in minutes. It was great ride and I do miss it from time to time.

But, the Spyder gives me more of what I want. Open air, good power, great fun in a platform that is significantly more safe than a motorcycle in most cases. It's easy to live with and use as an every day vehicle.

I just hope more companies get on board. I would love to have more options in a reverse-trike platform.

bone crusher
04-04-2009, 10:35 AM
I've been reading all your comments about the riders coming off other motorcycles and buying Spyders. I too have been riding about 45 years and have owned just about every make of bike. My last one was a Harley Ultra Classic which has taken me across the country coast to coast twice, so I'm no rookie when it comes to riding. I've kissed the asphalt a few times, even hugged a phone pole at speed that almost took my life but, I hung in there and continued riding. Having the same problems as some of the other riders here, I decided to look for something that I could ride and be more stable. After doing a demo-ride on a Spyder, it really made me smile and put some excitement back into my riding once again. Selling the Harley was a very big decision for me and all my Harley riding buddies thought I was insane. They told me I had to ride in the back. I responded with "Get out of the way, I'll lead" I bought an SE5 and haven't looked back. I'm having a ball. I don't have anything to prove to anyone. If they don't wanna ride with me, fine. If they don't want to wave at me, that's fine too. I'm having a ball. By the way, I loved that movie with Tom Sellick and Alan Rickman who plays the bad guy. Thanks Lamonster, keep up the good work.

Well said!

bone crusher
04-04-2009, 10:37 AM
For me, the Spyder is closer to a go-cart than a motorcycle. No leaning, no countersteering, no dropping :shocked:, no scanning for every little patch in the road that could spell disaster, etc.

My Ultra Classic would go from a fantastic touring machine to a single seat cruiser (with PLENTY of power) in minutes. It was great ride and I do miss it from time to time.

But, the Spyder gives me more of what I want. Open air, good power, great fun in a platform that is significantly more safe than a motorcycle in most cases. It's easy to live with and use as an every day vehicle.

I just hope more companies get on board. I would love to have more options in a reverse-trike platform.

No leaning? I guess you're not taking any highway ramps over 15mph...you had better lean on a spyder or you're gonna be swaying all over the place...sure, you can't drop it but you can have a pretty bad ride. Leaning still has its place with the Spyder

Jeff in Dallas
04-04-2009, 11:56 AM
No leaning? I guess you're not taking any highway ramps over 15mph...you had better lean on a spyder or you're gonna be swaying all over the place...sure, you can't drop it but you can have a pretty bad ride. Leaning still has its place with the Spyder

Ok... how about, "Leaning on the Spyder is VERY DIFFERENT than leaning on a 2-wheeled motorcycle."

:cheers:

NancysToy
04-04-2009, 03:14 PM
:joke: I thought the Honda Goldwings or the BMW R1200LTs were the couches on wheels. I have a lot to learn! :joke:
-Scotty

Roaddog2
04-04-2009, 03:35 PM
I wish I can take my couch on wheels to VT.
tomorrow but I would not think of cross contaminating
Spyderlovers Banner don't get me wrong the :spyder:has a big place in my Heart now but there is nothing wrong with my big potato and there nothing better than getting to make a floor board bracket make a few sparks on a nice twiste :ani29:

Roaddog2
04-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Well said!:agree::agree:

Smylinacha
04-04-2009, 03:42 PM
I wish I can take my couch on wheels to VT.
tomorrow but I would not think of cross contaminating
Spyderlovers Banner don't get me wrong the :spyder:has a big place in my Heart now but there is nothing wrong with my big potato and there nothing better than getting to make a floor board bracket make a few sparks on a nice twiste :ani29:

Potato? We going to Curtis's tomorrow too?

Roaddog2
04-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Potato? We going to Curtis's tomorrow too?You better go to bed now or we will never be on road 8.00am
Kickstands up 0800 or should I say parking brake off :D and yes I can go for a potato bomb but have a feeling diner will have us full for ride home :ani29:

Hoog
04-04-2009, 04:07 PM
So you do think it is safer:dontknow:

I do think it's easier to ride, and she would probably equate that with safer. I was speaking strictly for myself in that first paragraph. For me, the real dangers of riding have more to do with the people around me, and the Spyder in no way solves that problem.

daddydarko
04-04-2009, 04:20 PM
I do think it's easier to ride, and she would probably equate that with safer. I was speaking strictly for myself in that first paragraph. For me, the real dangers of riding have more to do with the people around me, and the Spyder in no way solves that problem.

Anti-lock brakes, TCS, VSS, and higher visibility- I disagree, sir. The Spyder is safer than anything on two wheels regardless of where the danger arises.

:doorag:

rmccaul59
04-04-2009, 04:55 PM
A Lamonster , Just love the way you tell a story :clap:

Hoog
04-04-2009, 05:13 PM
Anti-lock brakes, TCS, VSS, and higher visibility- I disagree, sir.

...and that is your right. :thumbup:

The Spyder is safer than anything on two wheels regardless of where the danger arises.

:doorag:

If you really believe that, you're on the right ride.

tnfleming
04-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Ok ultra classic super glide aficionados don't get defensive; i like any friggin' bike and everyone should ride whatever they enjoy! I'm just saying that the spyder should not be disrespected as a bike just because it's on 3 wheels. Lots of 2 wheelers are less exciting to me including most cruisers and touring bikes. I've had HD riders smile at the spyder and my point is simply that i've driven HD bikes that are less exciting (to me) than the spyder. So screw them!

Blackwidow74
04-04-2009, 07:22 PM
:yes::agree:and I will be in Laughlin, NV for the bike week river run on April 23 on my spyder. A lot of us are riding to Las Vegas from CA, to stay there and then ride over to Laughlin to be at the bike week stuff and I don't care if there are some bikers there that don't like my spyder. Most of the people that don't like it are the ones who are hating because the spyders get more attention. I ride with a groupe of Harleys sometimes when I get a chance and they love the bike and always invite me to ride with them. This bike has changed my life and I am so happy now. THANKS BRP.:clap::2thumbs::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:: yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Dudley
04-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Gave my fat boy to my son he had a axdent 4 yrs ago on his bike so I talked to him last knight and we had some beer's he was trying to get a V-rod couldnt get a loan so told him I love him and gave him the keys to her on one acount she stays in the family cant sell her . he hugged me and was so so happy he loves to ride her .cant see her sit there and get no miles he well take good care of her . KIDS LOL got to love them...

You are one heck of a dad! Thanks for sharing with us.

Smylinacha
04-04-2009, 09:16 PM
You better go to bed now or we will never be on road 8.00am
Kickstands up 0800 or should I say parking brake off :D and yes I can go for a potato bomb but have a feeling diner will have us full for ride home :ani29:

I'll be in bed in 45 minutes - just have to finish some jobs on MW. See you tomorrow! You're right - I'm sure the diner will fill us up enough.

bone crusher
04-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Ok... how about, "Leaning on the Spyder is VERY DIFFERENT than leaning on a 2-wheeled motorcycle."

:cheers:

:agree:

Greg H.
04-05-2009, 08:50 AM
Some great comments in this thread... :thumbup:

Of the HD riders, I know - not all, but most; snub their noses at the Spyder.

Recluze
04-06-2009, 10:22 AM
I bought my Spyder a year ago having never owned anything with less then 4 wheels. I have a little over 24000 miles on it so I guess I like it a bit.

One of the reasons I never bought a two wheeler was because I never wanted to be a 'Biker" whatever that is. Wearing dead animal skins, skulls crossbones and a preoccupation with death just does not do it for me. Then there is that flatulent noise coming out of most of them. What is that about? And with rare exception, most two wheelers talk a lot and don't ride very much. But if all of that works for you then I respect your individuality.

So I am content with being a candy A*& three wheel rider. And I am quite understanding that real bikers need the herd mentality thing to get them through the day. It is what making America great. Being different makes the government nervous.

I bought the Spyder because it is a different mode of transportation and it has some well thought out ideas. It is amazingly sound for a first run of a new idea.

And I apologize if I offended anyone here. Especially those "biker" guys who post such valuable information on here. I wave to every two wheeler I see on the road and some I see on the side of the road. Whether they wave back or not matters little to me. The few bikers I have chatted with along the way seem like nice enough people. Why wouldn't they be? They are out enjoying the ride just like me. The few times I have stopped at the Harley shop I have gotten nothing but friendly interest and helpful service.

So while I do not want to be a 'biker" I do want to enjoy and share the open road with any like minded individuals.

Lamonster
04-06-2009, 02:31 PM
I've erased my reply to your message three times already, because I'm really trying to be tactful and polite......:doorag: Your'e entitled to your opinion, I'll just say mine is different. And what's with the apology:dontknow:, it seems your intent was to offend......, sorry is for accidents......

You too? :doorag:

I still haven't figured out a way to respond without him leaving the board. Guess I need to put on some dead animals skin and go for a ride on my two wheeler and think about it.

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=19&pictureid=3186

daddydarko
04-06-2009, 02:39 PM
Spyder riders are a diverse crowd; more so than most bikes thanks to its accessibility.

Leather jacket or not, anyone who discriminates based on choice of vehicle is seriously flawed.

And Lamont, your M109r is sexy. What'll it take to get into your will? :)

Lamonster
04-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Spyder riders are a diverse crowd; more so than most bikes thanks to its accessibility.

Leather jacket or not, anyone who discriminates based on choice of vehicle is seriously flawed.

And Lamont, your M109r is sexy. What'll it take to get into your will? :)

:2thumbs:
http://www.bigbikeriders.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=6&pictureid=155
http://www.bigbikeriders.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=6&pictureid=156
http://www.bigbikeriders.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=6&pictureid=157

Director
04-06-2009, 02:42 PM
You too? :doorag:

I still haven't figured out a way to respond without him leaving the board. Guess I need to put on some dead animals skin and go for a ride on my two wheeler and think about it.

Yes, I thought some comments about "sweeping generalizations" and "jumping to conclusions based solely on appearances" might be in order, but I thought I would leave it alone. I really didn't know where to start. Maybe I'll just sit here for a while thinking about death... :dontknow:

Bruce

Lamonster
04-06-2009, 02:46 PM
Yes, I thought some comments about "sweeping generalizations" and "jumping to conclusions based solely on appearances" might be in order, but I thought I would leave it alone. I really didn't know where to start. Maybe I'll just sit here for a while thinking about death... :dontknow:

Bruce

When you figure it out let me know. I'm still stewing on it. :popcorn:

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=760
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=2

crazycanuck
04-06-2009, 03:09 PM
I bought my Spyder a year ago having never owned anything with less then 4 wheels. I have a little over 24000 miles on it so I guess I like it a bit.

One of the reasons I never bought a two wheeler was because I never wanted to be a 'Biker" whatever that is. Wearing dead animal skins, skulls crossbones and a preoccupation with death just does not do it for me. Then there is that flatulent noise coming out of most of them. What is that about? And with rare exception, most two wheelers talk a lot and don't ride very much. But if all of that works for you then I respect your individuality.

So I am content with being a candy A*& three wheel rider. And I am quite understanding that real bikers need the herd mentality thing to get them through the day. It is what making America great. Being different makes the government nervous.

I bought the Spyder because it is a different mode of transportation and it has some well thought out ideas. It is amazingly sound for a first run of a new idea.

And I apologize if I offended anyone here. Especially those "biker" guys who post such valuable information on here. I wave to every two wheeler I see on the road and some I see on the side of the road. Whether they wave back or not matters little to me. The few bikers I have chatted with along the way seem like nice enough people. Why wouldn't they be? They are out enjoying the ride just like me. The few times I have stopped at the Harley shop I have gotten nothing but friendly interest and helpful service.

So while I do not want to be a 'biker" I do want to enjoy and share the open road with any like minded individuals.

This is interesting....you are generalizing "Bikers" as a group running amock, causing havoc with nothing better to do except put their life in danger every time they saddle up? Please clarify

To say Bikers travel in herds and talk more then they ride is truly ignorant on your part. If you did appreciate bikes, the freedom that comes along when riding and if you truly understood the meaning of riding you would not have posted such a dumb comment. I will not get into explaining to you on what Bikers and Riding mean; its a brotherhood but you have already made your opinion known.

I always have had sport bikes and still have one but you don't see me ripping on Lamont or anyone else for riding crusiers, harleys, GW...etc etc but you with one posting alienated every biker that is on this board and that includes people that are just riding the Spyder.

BTW I invite you along for a ride anytime you are free; I will ride my 2 wheeled CBR1000 but will probably ask someone on this board for a dead animal skin and a skull cap so I fit your mold of the so called "BIKER"

I am not mad; I just like to talk a lot and don't ride much...damn sportbikers:D:doorag:

Lamonster
04-06-2009, 03:13 PM
This is interesting....you are generalizing "Bikers" as a group running amock, causing havoc with nothing better to do except put their life in danger every time they saddle up? Please clarify

To say Bikers travel in herds and talk more then they ride is truly ignorant on your part. If you did appreciate bikes, the freedom that comes along when riding and if you truly understood the meaning of riding you would not have posted such a dumb comment. I will not get into explaining to you on what Bikers and Riding mean; its a brotherhood but you have already made your opinion known.

I always rode sport bikes but you don't see me ripping on Lamont or anyone else for riding crusiers, harleys, GW...etc etc but you with one posting alienated every biker that is on this board and that includes people that are just riding the Spyder.

BTW I invite you along for a ride anytime you are free; I will ride my 2 wheeled CBR1000 but will probably ask someone on this board for a dead animal skin and a skull cap so I fit your mold of the so called "BIKER"

I am not mad; I just like to talk a lot and don't ride much...damn sportbikers:D:doorag:

Hooligan :2thumbs:

Look at this idiot. :yikes:

YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.

NancysToy
04-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Maybe I'm safe......."You Meet the Nicest People on a Honda!" Guess I'll have to ride my Supercub to change my image, wearing my khakis and button-down shirt. :D Next time don't leave out "crotchety old men" from your list, I am hurt! If that post was tongue-in-cheek, it missed the mark, if not it was sad.
-Scotty

Lamonster
04-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Maybe I'm safe......."You Meet the Nicest People on a Honda!" Guess I'll have to ride my Supercub to change my image, wearing my khakis and button-down shirt. :D Next time don't leave out "crotchety old men" from your list, I am hurt! If that post was tongue-in-cheek, it missed the mark, if not it was sad.
-Scotty

I'm pretty sure it's sad and :wrong:

crazycanuck
04-06-2009, 03:50 PM
-Scotty

what you talking about Scotty.....Khakis and a button downed shirt is way worse then animal skin and skull xbones....you sir are a extreme REBEL:cheers:

jeuchler
04-06-2009, 04:10 PM
While riding one day, a lone biker met a farmer riding a horse with a dog and a sheep walking alongside. The biker began a conversation.

Biker: "Hey, cool dog you got there. Mind if I speak to him?"
Farmer: "Dogs don't talk."
Biker: "Hey dog, how's it going?"
Dog: "OK, I guess"
Farmer: (Look of shock.)
Biker: "Is this your owner?" pointing at the farmer.
Dog: "Yep."
Biker: "How does he treat you?"
Dog: "Really well. He walks me twice a day, feeds me great food, and takes me to the lake once a week."
Farmer: (Look of disbelief.)
Biker: "Mind if I talk to your horse?"
Farmer: "Horses don't talk."
Biker: "Hey horse, how's it going?"
Horse: "Cool."
Farmer: (Extreme look of shock.)
Biker: "Is this your owner? " pointing at the Farmer.
Horse: "Yeah."
Biker: "How's he treating you?"
Horse: "Pretty good, thanks for asking. He exercises me regularly, brushes me down often, and keeps me in a shed to protect me when weather's bad."
Farmer: (Total look of utter amazement.)
Biker: "Mind if I talk to your sheep?"
Farmer: "The sheep is a liar!"

(I try telling bad jokes sometimes to distract my lovely bride and children when they argue. Did it work? :joke:)

Lamonster
04-06-2009, 04:12 PM
:2thumbs::clap::doorag:

Lamonster
04-06-2009, 04:17 PM
Here's another one for are buddy

YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.

Greg H.
04-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Some time ago.... a friend of mine said this:

'It Doesn't Matter What You Ride, As Long As You Ride'

Director
04-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Here's another one for are buddy

YouTube - You didnt see me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBNyuf533Go)

:thumbup::2thumbs::thumbup:

LDFIREWORKS
04-06-2009, 05:08 PM
i have 2 bikes and a spyder, and have not touched the 2 wheelers since i got my :spyder2: one year ago:2excited::spyder::yes::yes:

Roaddog2
04-06-2009, 07:29 PM
D@mn bikers......:doorag:
Looks like we had a small herd yesterday and I just happen to like Pirates and yes Scotty I remember the Honda adds back in the day.
when they were setting a new image :ani29:

Roaddog2
04-06-2009, 07:34 PM
That's when Roaddog gave up farming to become a biker....:D
Not any more you can use a quad now did you see that guy herding sheep in Mass yesterday and don't say Naaaaaaa
The sheep capitol of U.S.A. is Newell SD.
please don't ask how I know this more sheep than the population of SD.

dltang
04-06-2009, 07:58 PM
So all this talks make me wonder what I am. My first "bike" was a honda 50cc mini bike when I was 10 and I only had it for a day, it was broke and my dad is not a mechanic and he took it back and that was that.

I didn't get another ride until June 2007 and it was just a 150cc scooter, traded that in 2008 for my Spyder.

What I am saying is I always wanted to be a "biker":doorag: I just never quite had the opportunity to get there.

Now I am a SpyderLover and that works for me!!!:2thumbs::doorag::clap:

Smylinacha
04-06-2009, 08:08 PM
So all this talks make me wonder what I am. My first "bike" was a honda 50cc mini bike when I was 10 and I only had it for a day, it was broke and my dad is not a mechanic and he took it back and that was that.

I didn't get another ride until June 2007 and it was just a 150cc scooter, traded that in 2008 for my Spyder.

What I am saying is I always wanted to be a "biker":doorag: I just never quite had the opportunity to get there.

Heck - you ride tons of miles and pretty much in ANY weather - so that makes you a biker for sure! You are THE road warrior.:thumbup:

SpyderByter
04-06-2009, 08:37 PM
As far as I'm cocerned, being a biker is a state of mind, or a lifestyle, doesn't matter what you ride. I think you've made it.....

:agree:
Had I not seen the Spyder one day at a Special Olympics ride, I would still be kicking around on a 700cc Suzuki cruiser and loving it. But the Spyder has opened up a whole new riding experience for me where I can really enjoy riding more often and for longer rides. And HDX has shown me some great routes. BTW, his "rolling couch" does just fine on the twistys.

As far as biker stereotypes, forget them. Without mentioning specific names, there are MC clubs here in CT that raise alot of money for the Newington Childrens Hospital. Yes they ride in a "herd", and I am sure some of them have animal skins, but they are out enjoying what they do. They could ride for free anytime, but they dig into thier wallets and pay to ride for a good cause. They also ride along side anyone who is willing to do the same, no matter what they ride.

dltang
04-06-2009, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence guys, I will have to pull out the leather vest hiding in the back of my closest, put on a doo rag and see if I can convey "the look" now....LOL

jeuchler
04-06-2009, 08:54 PM
OK, I hesitate to post this, but here goes (http://www.6impossible.com/spyder/BikersVsSpyderryders.mov)...:doorag:

dltang
04-06-2009, 09:13 PM
OK, I hesitate to post this, but here goes (http://www.6impossible.com/spyder/BikersVsSpyderryders.mov)...:doorag:

Hey John, I don't see anything, not with Quicktime or Real Player. Is it up on Youtube by chance?

jeuchler
04-06-2009, 09:45 PM
Hey John, I don't see anything, not with Quicktime or Real Player. Is it up on Youtube by chance?

Strike one on me. My sliderule jammed...

Try this instead (http://www.xtranormal.com/watch?e=20090406214316122).

Lamonster
04-07-2009, 06:55 AM

Well Deb I grew up in the city mostly but since moving to East TN I can tell you I'm a country boy. I get along with the people better and it just feels like home to me even though I spent most of my life in San Diego.

I think you've been a biker mama in your soul even though you may have been without a bike for many years. Like someone said, it's the attitude not the bike that makes you a biker. You work on your own Spyder, you ride in weather that only a crazy biker would ride in and you know how to get along with all walks of life without judging them for what they wear or what they ride. That's a true biker and the kind of people I want to call my friends and hangout with. :doorag:

Now this Recluse guy may pride himself in not being a biker but what he appears to be is a Spyder snob. I'm about the easiest going guy you'll ever meet but this guy managed to offend me and 99% of my friends with his last post. I don't know what he was thinking when he posted that but the saying "It's better to be silent and be thought of as a fool then to open ones mouth and remove all doubt" comes to mind. This is not the kind of guy I would ever want to hangout with and I don't care how many miles he has on his Spyder. He's going to open his mouth at the wrong time in the wrong place and wonder why he's laying on the ground with all his teeth knocked out. He better doing a little more reading up on bikers and respect before he spouts off like that anywhere other than a message board.

Sorry for the rant but this guy really pushed my buttons. :sour:

bjt
04-07-2009, 07:31 AM
When you figure it out let me know. I'm still stewing on it. :popcorn:

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=760

I really like this bike out of all the ones you posted in this thread. If I was gonna get one of your two wheelers, this would be the one. :thumbup: I think I saw this one in a magazine years ago.

Lamonster
04-07-2009, 07:40 AM
I really like this bike out of all the ones you posted in this thread. If I was gonna get one of your two wheelers, this would be the one. :thumbup: I think I saw this one in a magazine years ago.
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=768

Greg H.
04-07-2009, 08:25 AM

I agree! That is beautiful! :thumbup:

crazycanuck
04-07-2009, 11:18 AM
you bikers are dangerous:popcorn::p

Magic Man
04-07-2009, 11:51 AM

What! No Skulls! I am totally dissapointed! :yikes:

MM

Lamonster, tell them about one of my other rides! :D

Roaddog2
04-07-2009, 12:04 PM
What! No Skulls! I am totally dissapointed! :yikes:

MM

Lamonster, tell them about one of my other rides! :D
You guys are on your way of earning your first Flag :ani29:

aubierules
04-07-2009, 12:08 PM
:agree:with all u said

COOLHAND
04-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Gosh, I guess I'm dumbfounded by all the people others have met that put down the Spyder. Whenever my friends and I would ride on BMws and pull up to a bike night we didn't get much attention. Now I ride to a local bike night and I get some much.....uh....attention (that's the word I'll use for it) that I've got to put it on lay away. The Spyder is an excellent perfomance machine regardless of the name. Just one ride anyone would be hooked on it's handling ability and versility for the open road.

COOLHAND
04-07-2009, 12:23 PM
Harley Davidson Leaning Trike Patent Application

by Paul Crowe - "The Kneeslider" on 6/1/2007
in Motorcycle Business (http://thekneeslider.com/archives/category/motorcycle-business/), Motorcycle Design (http://thekneeslider.com/archives/category/motorcycle-design/), Three Wheel Motor Vehicles (http://thekneeslider.com/archives/category/three-wheel-motor-vehicles/)
http://thekneeslider.com/images/harleytrike1.jpg
Here’s something a bit different from the Motor Company, it’s a patent application from Harley Davidson (http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2007/06/01/harley-davidson-leaning-trike-patent-application/#) for a leaning trike. It’s looks like a cross between the Can-Am Spyder (http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2007/02/10/can-am-spyder-details/) and the Brudeli 625 (http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2006/06/23/brudeli-625l-tilting-3-wheeler/) but it is distinctively Harley with the big twin power plant in there. Whether they are thinking of producing this or something similar, they probably wanted to get the paperwork in to make sure they were covered. Filed on either September 27, 2006 or April 5, 2007, I can’t figure out which dates apply, reading patent paperwork can be a bit confusing.
From the application:

The present invention relates to a suspension (http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2007/06/01/harley-davidson-leaning-trike-patent-application/#) system for a three-wheeled vehicle. The suspension system permits the vehicle to lean while cornering, much like a motorcycle. This is accomplished via hydraulic actuators that force the bike into a leaning position while turning, and back to an upright position while tracking a straight line. A transverse beam is coupled to the hydraulic actuators and to spring dampers to allow the suspension to operate independently, even while the vehicle is cornering.
More drawings and links below:
http://thekneeslider.com/images/harleytrike2.jpg
http://thekneeslider.com/images/harleytrike3.jpg

Dudley
04-07-2009, 12:33 PM

Mr. Recluze:
When I first read your post, I just smiled and shook my head and kept going. Now after reading some of my fellow "bikers'" responses, I realize that you were hitting us pretty low without any knowledge of who we are. I will try and break your post down in bits and pieces and explain some things to you and hopefully enlighten your otherwise cramped brain.

"One of the reasons I never bought a two wheeler was because I never wanted to be a 'Biker" whatever that is" This is the first of your statements that really baffled me. You admit that you don't know what a "Biker" is, but you didn't want to be one. That's like telling someone you don't like Pepsi, but you never tasted one. Well, here is my definition of a "Biker" (I have only ridden for over 40 years with over 300,000 miles, so I may be a bit off on the definition): One (male or female) who enjoys nature and feels that the "bike" (motorcycle) helps to get closer to nature. One who likes to smell the fresh smell of water when riding through a neighborhood in a desert town and someone is watering the lawn. One who likes the smell of manure when riding out in the country and riding by a dairy. One who loves the wind and the feel of freedom the bike provides. I could go on for a long time, but you get the picture.

Wearing dead animal skins, skulls crossbones and a preoccupation with death just does not do it for me. Now here is a good one! May I ask,"Do you wear shoes? Do you have a leather jacket, leather gloves, etc?" This may surprise you, but the animal had to be "dead" before it let anyone take it's skin! What about the Native Americans of not so long ago. They wore "dead animal skins" and had no "bikes". Skulls and crossbones? Where were the pirates hiding their "bikes"? And "a preoccupation with death" is a really one hard to understand. Do you mean to say that a "Biker" has a death-wish, or that he likes to fight and "kill" another "biker" of a different club? I have yet to meet anyone riding a motorcycle, be it a Harley, BMW, Honda or whatever that is looking forward to "dying"!

Then there is that flatulent noise coming out of most of them This one is funny! Do you mean to tell us that you have been close enough to a "Biker" to hear and smell his gas? But better yet, do you not pass gas yourself that you can point out someone else? I bet you do!

And with rare exception, most two wheelers talk a lot and don't ride very much. With the miles on your Spyder, I can tell you ride a lot, and that's great! Now, here is another revelation for you. "Bikers" buy bikes for different reasons. Some just like to crank it up on weekends and go 25-30 miles for breakfast. Others like to ride with friends and ride longer. And yes, there are some who just put 2000 miles a year on their bikes, but they do it and enjoy every mile. And talk, you bet! We have tales to tell about trips we took, scares we have had, thunderstorms we lived through, accidents we have had, bikes we've owned. You get the picture?

So I am content with being a candy A*& three wheel rider. I think you have described yourself to a "T". And remember, you called yourself that, no one else.

And I am quite understanding that real bikers need the herd mentality thing to get them through the day. How do you know what a "real biker" needs? You admitted in the beginning you didn't know what a "biker" was. What's "herd mentality" Cows move in herds, so does that mean we have the mentality of cows? Buffalo move in herds. Do we have the mentality of buffalo?

And I apologize if I offended anyone here. Especially those "biker" guys who post such valuable information on here. This is good! You "apologize" if you have offended anyone. No, my friend, you have not apologized because you don't know what constitutes an apology. An apology is given when something happens without intent. Here you have written to bash "Bikers" with premeditated thoughts. I for one do not accept your apology. And then to add insult to injury, you sop up the information that we "bikers" post on here! You're a loser from the git-go.

And the last of your post is still telling us how you sop up from "bikers" you see, even the Harley dealer.

And another thought. When you see a "herd" of bikers riding in December of any year...you know those tatooed, pot bellied, long bearded, loud talking, really trashy looking guys and gals...they are riding for "Toy Run for Kids" so kids who are not as privileged as you can have a toy for Christmas. Other rides by the same kinds of "herds" raise money for various hospitals to help kids. And lets not forget "Rolling Thunder" to D.C. to honor and support our veterans, living and dead.

Smylinacha
04-07-2009, 03:43 PM
Mr. Recluze:
When I first read your post, I just smiled and shook my head and kept going. Now after reading some of my fellow "bikers'" responses, I realize that you were hitting us pretty low without any knowledge of who we are. I will try and break your post down in bits and pieces and explain some things to you and hopefully enlighten your otherwise cramped brain.

"One of the reasons I never bought a two wheeler was because I never wanted to be a 'Biker" whatever that is" This is the first of your statements that really baffled me. You admit that you don't know what a "Biker" is, but you didn't want to be one. That's like telling someone you don't like Pepsi, but you never tasted one. Well, here is my definition of a "Biker" (I have only ridden for over 40 years with over 300,000 miles, so I may be a bit off on the definition): One (male or female) who enjoys nature and feels that the "bike" (motorcycle) helps to get closer to nature. One who likes to smell the fresh smell of water when riding through a neighborhood in a desert town and someone is watering the lawn. One who likes the smell of manure when riding out in the country and riding by a dairy. One who loves the wind and the feel of freedom the bike provides. I could go on for a long time, but you get the picture.

Wearing dead animal skins, skulls crossbones and a preoccupation with death just does not do it for me. Now here is a good one! May I ask,"Do you wear shoes? Do you have a leather jacket, leather gloves, etc?" This may surprise you, but the animal had to be "dead" before it let anyone take it's skin! What about the Native Americans of not so long ago. They wore "dead animal skins" and had no "bikes". Skulls and crossbones? Where were the pirates hiding their "bikes"? And "a preoccupation with death" is a really one hard to understand. Do you mean to say that a "Biker" has a death-wish, or that he likes to fight and "kill" another "biker" of a different club? I have yet to meet anyone riding a motorcycle, be it a Harley, BMW, Honda or whatever that is looking forward to "dying"!

Then there is that flatulent noise coming out of most of them This one is funny! Do you mean to tell us that you have been close enough to a "Biker" to hear and smell his gas? But better yet, do you not pass gas yourself that you can point out someone else? I bet you do!

And with rare exception, most two wheelers talk a lot and don't ride very much. With the miles on your Spyder, I can tell you ride a lot, and that's great! Now, here is another revelation for you. "Bikers" buy bikes for different reasons. Some just like to crank it up on weekends and go 25-30 miles for breakfast. Others like to ride with friends and ride longer. And yes, there are a some who just put 2000 miles a year on their bikes, but they do it and enjoy every mile. And talk, you bet! We have tales to tell about trips we took, scares we have had, thunderstorms we lived through, accidents we have had, bikes we've owned. You get the picture?

So I am content with being a candy A*& three wheel rider. I think you have described yourself to a "T". And remember, you called yourself that, no one else.

And I am quite understanding that real bikers need the herd mentality thing to get them through the day. How do you know what a "real biker" needs? You admitted in the beginning you didn't know what a "biker" was. What's "herd mentality" Cows move in herds, so does that mean we have the mentality of cows? Whales move in herds. Do we have the mentality of whales?

And I apologize if I offended anyone here. Especially those "biker" guys who post such valuable information on here. This is good! You "apologize" if you have offended anyone. No, my friend, you have not apologized because you don't know what constitutes an apology. An apology is given when something happens without intent. Here you have written to bash "Bikers" with premeditated thoughts. I for one do not accept your apology. And then to add insult to injury, you sop up the information that we "bikers" post on here! You're a loser from the git-go.

And the last of your post is still telling us how you sop up from "bikers" you see, even the Harley dealer.

And another thought. When you see a "herd" of bikers riding in December of any year...you know those tatooed, pot bellied, long bearded, loud talking, really trashing looking guys and gals...they are riding for "Toy Run for Kids" so kids who are not as privileged as you can have a toy for Christmas. Other rides by the same kinds of "herds" raise money for various hospitals to help kids. And lets not forget "Rolling Thunder" to D.C. to honor and support our veterans, living and dead.

:clap::agree:

Roaddog2
04-07-2009, 05:49 PM
:clap::agree::clap::agree::agree:

FANG
04-07-2009, 06:57 PM
:clap::2thumbs: :doorag: :agree:

:clap::agree::agree:

Mr. Recluze:

And with rare exception, most two wheelers talk a lot and don't ride very much. With the miles on your Spyder, I can tell you ride a lot, and that's great! Now, here is another revelation for you. "Bikers" buy bikes for different reasons. Some just like to crank it up on weekends and go 25-30 miles for breakfast. Others like to ride with friends and ride longer. And yes, there are some who just put 2000 miles a year on their bikes, but they do it and enjoy every mile. And talk, you bet! We have tales to tell about trips we took, scares we have had, thunderstorms we lived through, accidents we have had, bikes we've owned. You get the picture?

And I am quite understanding that real bikers need the herd mentality thing to get them through the day. How do you know what a "real biker" needs? You admitted in the beginning you didn't know what a "biker" was. What's "herd mentality" Cows move in herds, so does that mean we have the mentality of cows? Whales move in herds. Do we have the mentality of whales?

And another thought. When you see a "herd" of bikers riding in December of any year...you know those tatooed, pot bellied, long bearded, loud talking, really trashy looking guys and gals...they are riding for "Toy Run for Kids" so kids who are not as privileged as you can have a toy for Christmas. Other rides by the same kinds of "herds" raise money for various hospitals to help kids. And lets not forget "Rolling Thunder" to D.C. to honor and support our veterans, living and dead.

jeuchler
04-07-2009, 07:14 PM
So a duck walks into a biker bar and asks the bartender,

"Do you have any grapes?"

The bartender says "No, and I don't like ducks in my bar."

The duck leaves.

Next day, the duck walks into the same bar and asks the bartender,

"The bartender says, "I told you yesterday, I don't have any grapes! Now get out of my bar!"

The duck leaves.

Third day, the duck walks into the same bar and asks the bartender,

"The bartender yells, "LOOK--you come back in here one more time and I'M GONNA NAIL YOUR BEAK TO THIS BAR!"

The duck leaves.

The day after, the duck walks into the same bar and asks the bartender,

"Do you have any nails?"

The bartender hesitates, then replies, "Uh...no..."

The duck says, " Good. Do you have any grapes?"

Lamonster
04-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Lamont might have to change your name to 'joker'.......:2thumbs:
I don't remember joking about anything Bro. EDIT- Just realized you weren't talking to me.:opps:

This is my wife (then girlfriend) on my bike when we were both 17. I'm 50 now and had four street bikes before ever owned a car. Bikes and bikers has been a big part of my life for many years and will be to the day I die. Opps, there goes my fixation on death again. ;)

http://www.bigbikeriders.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=6&pictureid=143

SpyderByter
04-07-2009, 07:47 PM
So your a joke teller, eh? We are going to have to get together again and swap some. I don't want to post them here, being a family site and all.......

Lamonster
04-07-2009, 07:50 PM
So your a joke teller, eh? We are going to have to get together again and swap some. I don't want to post them here, being a family site and all.......

jeuchler
04-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Lamont might have to change your name to 'joker'.......:2thumbs:

Ha! :joke: ("Wanna see a magic trick?!")

After rereading this thread, I was gonna just type

YOU KIDS STOP FIGHTING OR I"M TURNING THIS CAR RIGHT AROUND!

or maybe

AM I GOING TO HAVE TO SEPARATE YOU?!

...I worked with a friend whose family escaped from Communist China.

Into Vietnam. Right before the war. Really.

He then made it to the U.S. and started working as a janitor. Hardest working guy you'd ever meet. He was cleaning the school one day and realized how grimy it was behind that little red lever on the wall in the hall, so he pulled it down and wiped all around behind it. Of course bells were clanging like crazy, and he was still there cleaning the fire alarm box when the firemen came running into the building and down the hall. One of them said "What the heck? Don't you even know what that lever does?! How long have you lived here--a week?!"

My friend answered, "Two days!"

(True story.)

Whenever any one of us would whine about our job or our sandwich or our shoes, he'd patiently listen, then smile, and respond with something like "My entire village burned to the ground."

We'd stare awhile, then say, "Oh. That's bad, too..."

(True.)

Here's my repost (http://www.xtranormal.com/watch?e=20090406214316122).

Firefly
04-07-2009, 08:04 PM
While not perhaps worded in the best way, I get what he means by 'biker'. I think he used a bit of a broad brush, but I get his meaning.

HD bikers from the 60's and 70's had 'that' reputation - thanks to many movies and publicity of various MC gangs around the nation.

Some folks can't let go of those stereotypes, and some bikers still like to 'look the look' if you know what I mean.

When I went to a Spyderteam Demo and rode one the first time, some HD guy showed up - and this guy sure had the old-school biker attitude. I mean--- no one could possibly be the bad-azz this guy was claiming to be. He told me if I was to pull into a certain biker bar nearby with the Spyder that I would get my azz beat. Yeah - right---- whatever.

He was giving us crap about the Spyders - so I called him out on it and asked him "Well what in the heck are you doing at a Spyder demo then if these things are for sissies?".

He said he was curious. He went on about how it wasn't a real bike, blah blah. So I challenged him - I said "how do you know if this machine is bad-azz or not without riding one?". So I talked him into going out with the next demo tour.

As I was inside plunking down my downpayment, he went for a ride. I got done in time to see him pull in - and I can tell you that he had a large smile on his face. He admitted that it could run pretty good, but that he still would not buy one. I later found out that he was totally thrashing the Spyder during the whole 20 minute demo ride.

A year later when I got my Spyder, a friend of mine and I went for a ride - he owns a Big Dog Classic. After the ride we were hungry and he said he wanted to go to THAT biker bar. I could hardly wait - as I was really in need of a good beating ;-).

The only reason I could have been beat up is that 1/2 the bar cleared out to come out and see the Spyder - and the women just LOVED the trunk.

No teeth were lost, no blood was drawn. We had a nice dinner and I answered tons of questions.

Sure, there are some of those old 'roughneck' biker types out there - but they are anything BUT the typical biker. I remember seeing a show on Sturgis and they interviewed an ER doctor that had worked during Sturgis for many years. He said that back in the 70's they would pull guns and knifes off of bikers that came into the ER for whatever reason. Now he said they're pulling off pagers, cell phones and blackberrys!

The stereotypical biker from the old biker movies most likely couldn't afford an HD these days - they market to a different crowd now.

I've never been too concerned about the 'bikers' - no matter what I was riding.

jeuchler
04-07-2009, 08:05 PM

Nah.

Just need to laugh.

At my age, I do the thing where I say "Yeah, but where are we gonna find three monkeys and a roll of saran wrap at this hour?! Oh, wait...let me start again--that was the punchline..."

Everybody here on spyderlovers has had hardships...I swear that the laughter helps us through the really awful stuff and certainly through the nonsense that we get all too anxious about.

jeuchler
04-07-2009, 08:11 PM
...After the ride we were hungry and he said he wanted to go to THAT biker bar. I could hardly wait - as I was really in need of a good beating ;-).

Awesome:clap:

I've been told I need that...

jeuchler
04-07-2009, 08:13 PM

That's a great photo. It tells the story.

Hope you have that framed someplace special.

Lamonster
04-07-2009, 08:16 PM
That's a great photo. It tells the story.

Hope you have that framed someplace special.

12 more days and we have been married 29 years. We were together 5 years before that. If I would have killed her when I wanted to I would have been out by now. Or visa versa:D ;):joke:

Greg H.
04-07-2009, 08:23 PM
12 more days and we have been married 29 years. We were together 5 years before that. If I would have killed her when I wanted to I would have been out by now. Or visa versa:D ;):joke:

Lol! Okay... so; how does she like riding?

And, yes; congratulations, Lamont!

jeuchler
04-07-2009, 08:24 PM

Congratulations to you both on your anniversary!!

(And on the whole, you know, staying out of jail thing...)

redspyderlady
04-07-2009, 08:40 PM

Hey. Love the picture. She still looks the same. And congratulations on the anniversary. We just celebrated our 29th two weeks ago.

Lamonster
04-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Lol! Okay... so; how does she like riding?

And, yes; congratulations, Lamont!
She hates it. I bought the Spyder for her because at the time she said she would ride it. I got it home and she changed her mind (women have the God given right to do that I guess).:sour:

I guess with time she grew up and I never did but she's good about letting me play when I need to. :doorag:

Greg H.
04-07-2009, 08:42 PM
She hates it. I bought the Spyder for her because at the time she said she would ride it. I got it home and she changed her mind (women have the God given right to do that I guess).:sour:

I guess with time she grew up and I never did but she's good about letting me play when I need to. :doorag:

Well; that tells me, you have a wonderful lady, either way, Lamont! :thumbup:

Lamonster
04-07-2009, 08:43 PM
Hey. Love the picture. She still looks the same. And congratulations on the anniversary. We just celebrated our 29th two weeks ago.

That's great, :congrats: to you and Roger. By the way he's a biker too in case you didn't notice. :doorag:

Dudley
04-07-2009, 08:48 PM
Cngratulations to you both. You beat us 5 months to the day. We will have 29 years on 9-19.

SpyderByter
04-07-2009, 09:06 PM
:congrats: to all of you.

Staying married that long is quite an accomplishment. Quick divorces have become the choice over working out problems. My first and only marriage was just a year. I just attended my friends 25th, and they are an inspiration. I hope thier children follow suit.

When I got back from the Brattleboro run, I just had to tell my girl I loved her. (not something I do often without prompting as she pointed out to me shortly after i said it)

In the back of my mind I was thinking how great it was that she met the CT crew at Starbucks to see us off and wish me a great ride. Then when I finally got back, she had a hot dinner ready. I know she would have prefered I stayed local, maybe a short ride for the both of us, but she knew I wanted to go and ride solo. She's a keeper (if she can put up with me)

Dudley
04-07-2009, 09:11 PM
:congrats: to all of you.

Staying married that long is quite an accomplishment. Quick divorces have become the choice over working out problems. My first and only marriage was just a year. I just attended my friends 25th, and they are an inspiration. I hope thier children follow suit.

When I got back from the Brattleboro run, I just had to tell my girl I loved her. (not something I do often without prompting as she pointed out to me shortly after i said it)

In the back of my mind I was thinking how great it was that she met the CT crew at Starbucks to see us off and wish me a great ride. Then when I finally got back, she had a hot dinner ready. I know she would have prefered I stayed local, maybe a short ride for the both of us, but she knew I wanted to go and ride solo. She's a keeper (if she can put up with me)

:congrats::2thumbs::clap:

ataDude
04-07-2009, 09:31 PM
...In the back of my mind I was thinking how great it was that she met the CT crew at Starbucks to see us off and wish me a great ride. Then when I finally got back, she had a hot dinner ready. I know she would have prefered I stayed local, maybe a short ride for the both of us, but she knew I wanted to go and ride solo. She's a keeper (if she can put up with me)

Dang... does she have a sister? :clap:

jeuchler
04-07-2009, 09:33 PM
...She's a keeper...

:thumbup::agree:

SpyderByter
04-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Dang... does she have a sister? :clap:

Yes she does, but her sister is still married.

draboo
04-07-2009, 09:56 PM
I had a incident after, of all things, an AA meeting.

The Spyder drew its usual amount of curious people,when 3 fellows came up to me and began talking about the Spyder, While I was talking to one of them, another got into an arguement with a woman. Things were getting real heated, so I concentrated my attention to the oldest of the three, a member of the local Banditos MC. I took a mild ribbing from him about "Aint you a bit old for training wheels?" I was suprised how receptive the Bandito actually was towards the Spyder.:)

Back in the mid seventies I was drawn into the OMG scene. I partied wayyy too much, hung around with the likes of some of heavier gangs from WI and Detroit. I worked hard forging the proper(or so I thought) bad ass image for myself.

I have since taken an gentler,softer outlook on motorcycling. Sobering up led me away from those hard partying get togethers, with the booze/drug powered contests that lasted till the sun came up.

I still have a soft spot for any pre-EVO HD.:) I m constantly scanning CL for deals.

Now, if I was to enter any event at a local HOG rally, it would be the slow race!:2thumbs: And I just may win!

LIVE AND LET LIVE

Brad.. ex-gang member and practicing "Motorcycle/Trike Enthusiest":cheers:

hawkiii
04-07-2009, 10:01 PM
:congrats: to all you long timers. My wife and I had 20 years in February. I am looking forward to another 20 at least.

Now I have to wonder where I fall, I wear dead animal skins when I ride my Spyder. :dontknow:

jeuchler
04-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Now I have to wonder where I fall, I wear dead animal skins when I ride my Spyder. :dontknow:

I wear live animals.

You know, as hats.

NancysToy
04-07-2009, 10:04 PM
Nancy and I hit 35 years in July. She may have bought the Spyder for herself, but she bought me my Simplex and my BMW RT. Always rode in the push truck when I was driving the dragsters, too. You can't let a good woman like that get away!
-Scotty

crazycanuck
04-07-2009, 10:23 PM
oh I feel like newly married......10 years this august and yeah she is awesome:2thumbs:

dltang
04-08-2009, 08:06 AM

You two should be joining us in Niagara Falls for Anniversary weekend. 8 more day for us is 21 years.

NancysToy
04-08-2009, 08:24 AM
You two should be joining us in Niagara Falls for Anniversary weekend. 8 more day for us is 21 years.
Congratulations! http://forum.thestompbox.net/images/smilies/a---groupwave.gif
-Scotty

SpyderByter
04-08-2009, 09:50 AM
Congratulations! http://forum.thestompbox.net/images/smilies/a---groupwave.gif
-Scotty
Scotty

great job on the "wave"

bjt
04-08-2009, 10:04 AM

LOL I could say the same thing bro (I'm sure Deb can also). It only gets better with time. We are hitting 21 years in 8 days. My life would have been much worse without her. http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/hugging-079.gif

Dudley
04-08-2009, 12:15 PM
My life was already worse when I met Jennifer. She just helped me see the better part of me and have that part become me. I am not perfect, just a better person.:clap:

crazycanuck
04-08-2009, 12:19 PM
you guys are giving the skull n bones, animal skin wearing, cheating death, travelling in herds, talking too much bikers a bad name.......wimps:joke:

BTW - don't tell my wife I said this:D:D

tnfleming
04-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Ok everybody piled on recluze. Let's be fair and recognize the following: a) this forum is fun because we get to bounce ideas off each other. B) we all have expressed opinions at one time or another that we later dismiss or regret. C) we all have expressed opinions in a faulty way and find that we stepped into doo-doo accidentally. D) we all have lots of ideas about other people that might be seen as offensive to someone but that's ok; you might hate what i love and if you say so sometimes my best response might be to accept it and go on, and try to convince you otherwise.

I love the forum but piling on is not helpful.

Dudley
04-08-2009, 12:33 PM
you guys are giving the skull n bones, animal skin wearing, cheating death, travelling in herds, talking too much bikers a bad name.......wimps:joke:

BTW - don't tell my wife I said this:D:D

:chat: :cheers:

hawkiii
04-08-2009, 12:35 PM
I wear live animals.

You know, as hats.

Dude, you da man! :yikes: :thumbup: :D

ataDude
04-08-2009, 12:45 PM
I didn't. I prefer to discuss windshields. :clap:

Ok everybody piled on recluze. Let's be fair and recognize the following: a) this forum is fun because we get to bounce ideas off each other. B) we all have expressed opinions at one time or another that we later dismiss or regret. C) we all have expressed opinions in a faulty way and find that we stepped into doo-doo accidentally. D) we all have lots of ideas about other people that might be seen as offensive to someone but that's ok; you might hate what i love and if you say so sometimes my best response might be to accept it and go on, and try to convince you otherwise.

Lamonster
04-08-2009, 12:45 PM
http://www.downtownpet.com/blog/uploaded_images/cat-and-biker-755676.jpg

Dudley
04-08-2009, 12:46 PM

You are correct. It is well to turn the other cheek. I have turned my other cheek to him, but only after I tried to explain to him how I felt about his premeditated remarks. That will be my only post to him. If he sees things in a different light, good. If not, that's still good. I got it off my chest in what I thought was a very civil manner. I could have been a lot harsher. And, yes, this forum is for us to help each other with Spyder issues, questions, etc. His post just happened not to fit in that catagory.

Smylinacha
04-08-2009, 07:36 PM
I don't remember joking about anything Bro. EDIT- Just realized you weren't talking to me.:opps:

This is my wife (then girlfriend) on my bike when we were both 17. I'm 50 now and had four street bikes before ever owned a car. Bikes and bikers has been a big part of my life for many years and will be to the day I die. Opps, there goes my fixation on death again. ;)

I bet you two were both little Hellions! She's pretty. Does she ride the Spyder too?

Smylinacha
04-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Ha! :joke: ("Wanna see a magic trick?!")

After rereading this thread, I was gonna just type

YOU KIDS STOP FIGHTING OR I"M TURNING THIS CAR RIGHT AROUND!

or maybe

AM I GOING TO HAVE TO SEPARATE YOU?!

...I worked with a friend whose family escaped from Communist China.

Into Vietnam. Right before the war. Really.

He then made it to the U.S. and started working as a janitor. Hardest working guy you'd ever meet. He was cleaning the school one day and realized how grimy it was behind that little red lever on the wall in the hall, so he pulled it down and wiped all around behind it. Of course bells were clanging like crazy, and he was still there cleaning the fire alarm box when the firemen came running into the building and down the hall. One of them said "What the heck? Don't you even know what that lever does?! How long have you lived here--a week?!"

My friend answered, "Two days!"

(True story.)

Whenever any one of us would whine about our job or our sandwich or our shoes, he'd patiently listen, then smile, and respond with something like "My entire village burned to the ground."

We'd stare awhile, then say, "Oh. That's bad, too..."

(True.)

Here's my repost (http://www.xtranormal.com/watch?e=20090406214316122).

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thum bup::thumbup: You are freakin cool. OK, I was telling HDX that I really liked this story and he said, "that's not funny" so I didn't want you to think I was laughing about it - I just think it's a very cool story. And HDX is scolding me while he is being flatulant on the kitchen chair.

Smylinacha
04-08-2009, 07:42 PM
I wear live animals.

You know, as hats.

LMAO:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Lamonster
04-08-2009, 08:03 PM
I bet you two were both little Hellions! She's pretty. Does she ride the Spyder too?
You have no idea :shocked:

No she won't ride it or with me. :banghead:

jeuchler
04-08-2009, 08:50 PM
:... I was telling HDX that I really liked this story and he said, "that's not funny" so I didn't want you to think I was laughing about it - I just think it's a very cool story. And HDX is scolding me while he is being flatulant on the kitchen chair.

Fair enough.

...But I'll tell HDX the long version of that story next time we see each other. You can catch him when he laughs, even if he tries not to.

dltang
04-09-2009, 12:31 PM
Well, since jeuchler been telling jokes and we've been talking about longevity in marriage, I thought I would pass this one along to you all. I just got it tosy in email from my sister-in-law (bjt's sister)

A married couple in their early 60s was celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary in a quiet, romantic little restaurant.

Suddenly, a tiny yet beautiful fairy appeared on their table.

She said, 'For being such an exemplary married couple and for being loving to each other for all this time, I will grant you each a wish.'

The wife answered, 'Oh, I want to travel around the world with my darling husband.'

The fairy waved her magic wand and - poof! - two tickets for the Queen Mary II appeared in her hands.

The husband thought for a moment: 'Well, this is all very romantic, but an opportunity like this will never come again. I'm sorry my love, but my wish is to have a wife 30 years younger than me.'

The wife and the fairy were deeply disappointed, but a wish is a wish.

So the fairy waved her magic wand and poof . . . the husband became 92 years old.

The moral of this story:

Men who are ungrateful should remember fairies are female.

Director
04-09-2009, 02:29 PM
Well, since jeuchler been telling jokes and we've been talking about longevity in marriage, I thought I would pass this one along to you all. I just got it tosy in email from my sister-in-law (bjt's sister)

A married couple in their early 60s was celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary in a quiet, romantic little restaurant.

Suddenly, a tiny yet beautiful fairy appeared on their table.

She said, 'For being such an exemplary married couple and for being loving to each other for all this time, I will grant you each a wish.'

The wife answered, 'Oh, I want to travel around the world with my darling husband.'

The fairy waved her magic wand and - poof! - two tickets for the Queen Mary II appeared in her hands.

The husband thought for a moment: 'Well, this is all very romantic, but an opportunity like this will never come again. I'm sorry my love, but my wish is to have a wife 30 years younger than me.'

The wife and the fairy were deeply disappointed, but a wish is a wish.

So the fairy waved her magic wand and poof . . . the husband became 92 years old.

The moral of this story:

Good one Deb! :clap: This is why I always try to be a good husband.

Bruce

jeuchler
04-09-2009, 03:20 PM
...So the fairy waved her magic wand and poof . . . the husband became 92 years old.

The moral of this story:

Boy, and I sure learned my lesson from that fairie...

Firefly
04-09-2009, 03:49 PM
Getting a bit too mushy in here for us 'proud to be single' people.:barf:

Don't get me wrong, I like hanging out with and dating the ladies, - but being attached to the same one for the rest of my life? No thanks.:sour::(

Where's the 'real' biker guys with the 'bitch fell off' shirts out here? :D ;)

I really just wanted an excuse to use this little guy: :barf:

Glad you've all found someone that puts up with you for so long--- :joke:

NancysToy
04-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Glad you've all found someone that puts up with you for so long--- :joke:
You hit that nail directly on the head. Miracle, isn't it? :D
-Scotty

crazycanuck
04-09-2009, 04:19 PM
You hit that nail directly on the head. Miracle, isn't it? :D
-Scotty

for me its the opposite; I don't think anyone else could put up with my wife:yikes:

surgeons are very temperamental:chill:

Smylinacha
04-09-2009, 05:37 PM
You have no idea :shocked:

No she won't ride it or with me. :banghead:

Me, HDX and Roaddog are still little Hellions - we can't help it. And now we know Spyderbyter - he's one too.:clap::clap:

Hoog
04-09-2009, 05:59 PM
Getting a bit too mushy in here for us 'proud to be single' people.:barf:

OK, here's a short little love story for you...

A man and a woman who had never met before, but who were both married to other people, found themselves assigned to the same sleeping room on a trans-continental train.

Though initially embarrassed and uneasy over sharing a room, they were both very tired and fell asleep quickly, he in the upper berth and she in the lower.

At 1:00 AM, the man leaned down and gently woke the woman saying, 'Ma'am, I'm sorry to bother you, but would you be willing to reach into the closet to get me a second blanket? I'm awfully cold.'

"I have a better idea,' she replied 'Just for tonight, let's pretend that we're married."

"Wow! That's a great idea!" he exclaimed.

"Good, she replied. ............ ."Get your own #$#@$ blanket."

After a moment of silence, he farted.

The End

Smylinacha
04-09-2009, 06:07 PM

A man and a woman who had never met before, but who were both married to other people, found themselves assigned to the same sleeping room on a trans-continental train.

Though initially embarrassed and uneasy over sharing a room, they were both very tired and fell asleep quickly, he in the upper berth and she in the lower.

At 1:00 AM, the man leaned down and gently woke the woman saying, 'Ma'am, I'm sorry to bother you, but would you be willing to reach into the closet to get me a second blanket? I'm awfully cold.'

"I have a better idea,' she replied 'Just for tonight, let's pretend that we're married."

The End

hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wingnut
04-09-2009, 07:26 PM

The End
good one:clap:

trikester
04-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Nancy and I hit 35 years in July. She may have bought the Spyder for herself, but she bought me my Simplex and my BMW RT. Always rode in the push truck when I was driving the dragsters, too. You can't let a good woman like that get away!
-Scotty

My wife and I will be married 55 years next Nov. She will never get on a motorcycle but she's OK (maybe a little worried at times) with my riding. One time I asked her if I got a side car rig would she ride in it. She said; no way!

I would say one of the reasons we have been together so long is that we don't try to push the other into doing something they don't want to do.