PDA

View Full Version : Front End Alignment?

Tomline
10-18-2016, 07:27 PM
Is there a big difference between a "normal" and Lazer Alignment? Cost for the Lazer One?

oldguyinTX
10-18-2016, 07:55 PM
All Spyders are delivered with a "factory" alignment. Many threads here about this subject. I can honestly say that after I got a Laser alignment, my Spyder handled way better than with the factory or dealer setup. I put on a BajaRon swaybar at the same time which was just icing on the cake.

Roadster Renovations
10-18-2016, 07:57 PM
Laser alignment is the only way of getting it accurately done. It won't accurate with the other.

Gray Ghost
10-18-2016, 09:52 PM
There are different laser alignment setups out there. The original and best is the ROLO system, sometimes called Tru Track. You can find the list of dealers by state and the independent dealers at http://spydercomfort.com/dealers.htm.

Costs vary. Find one in your current area, or an area you are going to be riding to and give them a call. And don't be shy about asking folks on the forum about their experience with the dealer you are looking at.

BajaRon
10-19-2016, 09:08 AM
There is the ROLO laser alignment system and then there is a waste of time and money. Those are your 2 choices.

Chupaca
10-19-2016, 09:25 AM
The systems are different as to the point of reference. Laser performed off the rear wheel alignment is the best way to get all wheels going in the same direction accurately. Standard and other laser aligning off the frame only get the front wheels and frame going down the road straight. I have had mine done every year and do to tire changes and hard ryding it always needs an adjustment. Noticable yes, how much will depend on how far out it is. Squared Away has always done it and they have found the great majority of factory units are out according to the laser. i believe these factory aligned units may suffer changes being as they are shipped with the front end bolted down and wheels off. Bumped around in shipping could be causing misalignment. Dealers should align all units before delivery. Many are and many now have the laser system. From what I have seen it runs between $120 and $150.... many do not charge you if yours is aligned....:thumbup:

Gruncle
11-08-2016, 12:54 PM
Just picked up a 16 rt two weeks ago. I noticed that if I let go of the bars the bike will drift to the left. Otherwise it seems to ride ok. Do I have a problem or is that normal?

DJFaninTN
11-08-2016, 02:47 PM
it shouldn't be normal. coming out of the factory I've seen it happen. I've seen tire pressures that are on the low teen levels from the dealer. I'd check my tire pressures first and foremost. 20lbs on the fronts.

if it's still pulling then I'd go for the laser alignment.

ARtraveler
11-08-2016, 02:55 PM
My dealer still insists on using the "factory" method. After one of those were performed on our 2011, it turned out to be a real bad screw up.

Squared Away was visiting AK that summer and they looked it over. They said one of the worst alignment jobs they had experienced. They fixed it and the 2011 drove like it was on tracks. :yes::yes:

Squared Away 1, Dealer 0. :bowdown::bowdown:

Lew L
11-08-2016, 03:10 PM
Squared Away is the BEST:thumbup:
Kaos

jcthorne
11-08-2016, 05:46 PM
Just picked up a 16 rt two weeks ago. I noticed that if I let go of the bars the bike will drift to the left. Otherwise it seems to ride ok. Do I have a problem or is that normal?

Very
few new spyders are correctly aligned as they leave the factory. We recommend a laser alignment on all new bikes. Before bad wear patterns ruin the front tires. Makes learning to ride one of these bikes much easier as well.

Gruncle
11-08-2016, 06:12 PM
it shouldn't be normal. coming out of the factory I've seen it happen. I've seen tire pressures that are on the low teen levels from the dealer. I'd check my tire pressures first and foremost. 20lbs on the fronts.

if it's still pulling then I'd go for the laser alignment.

Air pressure did occur to me after I sent the post and sure enough there was only 9lbs in the rf and 9.5 in the lf. The rear was 19 instead of 28. It is raining here so I'll ride tomorrow and see if there is a difference.

lou49
11-08-2016, 10:28 PM
There is the ROLO laser alignment system and then there is a waste of time and money. Those are your 2 choices. Don't get it Ron! Are you saying that Rolo is the one that is worth it?

Peter Aawen
11-09-2016, 03:59 AM
Don't get it Ron! Are you saying that Rolo is the one that is worth it?

I'm pretty sure that Ron IS saying that there is the ROLO wheel alignment system, and that anything else is a waste of time & money!! ;)