PDA

View Full Version : Tweeters on an rt

lou49
10-17-2016, 11:11 PM
Tempted to replace the 2 dashboard gages with tweeters to enhance the sound! Has anybody done that?

dlby
10-18-2016, 07:11 AM
Sound kool idea

Or you could put speakers with tweeters included on bike.
My Grandson did that on his HD last week
Do not know if small enough version is made for our size speaker box2

I love R&R put another dime in the jukebox baby!

dlby
10-18-2016, 07:12 AM
Boxes that is

lou49
10-18-2016, 08:34 AM
Boxes that is

:roflblack: :roflblack: GOTCHA!

Pirate looks at --
10-18-2016, 08:51 AM
Nothin sounds worse than music blaring from a motorcycle radio. Invest in a great Bluetooth comm unit and listen to great music in your helmet! I don't want to hear your music and know you don't want to hear mine! Keep it private!:roflblack::roflblack::(

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-18-2016, 09:22 AM
Lou, you can find excellent tweeters that will fit ....... but on a motorcycle you will never know they are on .......... total waste of time and money imho ........ Mike :thumbup:

Bob Denman
10-18-2016, 09:26 AM
:agree: If you just get the best speakers that you can: that's about all that you can do...
The acoustics of a motorcycle moving at 60mph; it doesn't create the best possible listening environment. :opps:

lou49
10-18-2016, 10:38 AM
Nothin sounds worse than music blaring from a motorcycle radio. Invest in a great Bluetooth comm unit and listen to great music in your helmet! I don't want to hear your music and know you don't want to hear mine! Keep it private!:roflblack::roflblack::(

Just because I'm thinking about tweeters does not mean that I'm looking for louder music. If that was the case, I'll put subwoofers n a powerfully amp. You totally misunderstood the purpose of the thread! Was not looking for the opinion on who likes or dislike loud music, my intention was n is to replace the gages with something other than clocks or voltmeter.
Tweeters are not for making the music louder!

lou49
10-18-2016, 10:44 AM
Lou, you can find excellent tweeters that will fit ....... but on a motorcycle you will never know they are on .......... total waste of time and money imho ........ Mike :thumbup:

Mike! Thank you for your honest opinion, but I had them installed on a 08 GS and they worked beautiful! But thanks anyway! Keep up with your good contributions on this site!

pegasus1300
10-18-2016, 01:56 PM
So judging from the responses you got,my guess would be you would be the first:yes::yes::yes:. Go for it. If you don't like it you can always put something else there or return it to stock. I wouldn't think it too hard as the front speakers are right there. You may actually get some pretty decent highs out of that.

Bob Denman
10-18-2016, 02:02 PM
I put J&Ms at all four corners of my RT, and they really improved the sound quality... :2thumbs:

Cruzr Joe
10-18-2016, 02:26 PM
I put J&Ms at all four corners of my RT, and they really improved the sound quality... :2thumbs:

How would you know??? you are deaf in one ear and can't see out of the other ear. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
10-18-2016, 02:35 PM
I just cleaned all of the wax out of them... :D
(It's amazing what you can do with a 3000 psi pressure washer these days! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:)

dlby
10-18-2016, 08:15 PM
I agree the high and midrange have always been important to me.
And to me I am an open sound kind of guy. Loud ? Obnoxious?
Good gravey get a life.
Been in bands and music all my life.
Thats what the auto volume setting is good for.
Automatically turns it down when the rpms drop.
Do the tweeters & let us know results bro

Bob Denman
10-19-2016, 06:56 AM
:agree: But where I often ride: there's usually very few folks around to upset with the cra... :shocked: errrrr.... MUSIC that I listen to! :D

(played some Savoy Brown yesterday; I had forgotten how cool they were!)

Pirate looks at --
10-19-2016, 09:54 AM
You had to go and do it didn't you Bob, hijacked another thread!

https://youtu.be/wZM8z_jF8Os

Pirate looks at --
10-19-2016, 10:00 AM
This happened

https://youtu.be/ky1RWCvxnGo

Bob Denman
10-19-2016, 10:13 AM
You had to go and do it didn't you Bob, hijacked another thread!
https://youtu.be/wZM8z_jF8Os

:shocked: :hun: I beg to differ...
I was responding to a post about another rider who likes to not have his favorite tunes piped directly into his auditory canals...

Pirate looks at --
10-19-2016, 10:23 AM
Yes you did! I will take the blame!:bowdown: But you did mention Savoy Brown!:clap:

Bob Denman
10-19-2016, 10:27 AM
Hi, Jack! :D

My music has never been considered fit for human consumption... nojoke

dlby
10-22-2016, 08:15 AM
Foghat is playing at the Cuban in Tampa in a few weeks.
I wi b there. They are awesome

Dan-Am
10-22-2016, 12:46 PM
:D

Bob Denman
10-22-2016, 01:19 PM
Foghat is playing at the Cuban in Tampa in a few weeks.
I wi b there. They are awesome

:agree: I truly enjoy the twin lead guitars! :thumbup:

https://youtu.be/ziiDkT165zI