PDA

View Full Version : First ride

Zip
10-17-2016, 07:16 AM
So I took my 2010 RTS on my first ride yesterday to the beach and back. I could not believe how many people waved, stared, came over and commented. Almost every bike "two wheel" going the other way waved.

I like the way it road but have to admit the cornering felt a little strange.

Bob Denman
10-17-2016, 07:30 AM
Welcome to life as a: "Rock Star"!! :2thumbs: :yes::yes::yes:
Do you have any experience riding snowmobiles or ATVs? They actually corner in a very similar manner.
Try leaning to the inside of each corner, and putting your weight on your "outside" leg. That will brace you against the cornering forces, and make things feel a bit more comfortable.

Vader
10-17-2016, 07:44 AM
I highly recommend reading the manual, and trying the suggested cone course. Having ridden almost all motorized street and off road vehicles for over 30 years, I made sure to do just that. The unique ride of a Spyder is, as mentioned, more snowmobile or quad like than motorcycle..which is why it is important to practice in a large area before venturing out on the open road..in my opinion.
Good luck and welcome!

Chupaca
10-17-2016, 09:40 AM
Bet you were grinning all the way...:thumbup: you will get more comfrotable as you relax more and get better aquainted with the spyder's handling. Welcome to the spyder world and all it's side effects...:ohyea::ohyea:

bronzeflex42
10-17-2016, 09:50 AM
Welcome and you'll get use to it might take a little while though..:ohyea::ohyea:

ARtraveler
10-17-2016, 02:31 PM
The :spyder2: RT 2010 version is a great ride. There is a bit of a learning curve. Suggest reading the Do's and Don'ts thread.

If you practice push/pull and light grip on the handlebars, plant the outside foot on the pegs, and lean slightly into the curve, the "g" forces will diminish and your ride will be better. Give that a try and see what you think. :yes: