10-17-2016, 01:48 AM
Here's a nice review of the new 2017 F3 Ltd...:clap::clap:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kagJVdUzudk

cuznjohn
10-17-2016, 04:15 AM
did he always have a beard

Bob Denman
10-17-2016, 07:58 AM
That's a very pretty bike: I think that the new top trunk really improves the look! :2thumbs:

:shocked: But why did Pierre spend the first thirty seconds of the video telling us what his qualifications aren't? :dontknow:

trikermutha
10-17-2016, 08:22 AM
I wouldn't mind that trunk on the RT :thumbup:

cptjam
10-17-2016, 09:08 AM
Short pants, no gloves! Yikes!

TXrider
10-17-2016, 09:16 AM
Great video!
I like the fact that the F3-Ltd has adjustable foot-boards and that the trunk is removable for those rydes when you don't need it!
THIS is the Spyder my husband has been waiting for.
Can't wait to see it altogether in person. Our dealership said the trunks wouldn't be available until November?

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-17-2016, 10:41 AM
That's a very pretty bike: I think that the new top trunk really improves the look! :2thumbs:

:shocked: But why did Pierre spend the first thirty seconds of the video telling us what his qualifications aren't? :dontknow:
:agree: on the rear trunk ....... and maybe He wanted to avoid someone here on Spyderlovers making a SNIDE remark similar to what happened to me :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:........Mike :thumbup:

Chupaca
10-17-2016, 11:25 AM
There is a part two in the making...he went to San Diego with the bike and we had a couple hundred miles in the hills behind me. He did a good job keeping up with me in the twisties with that thing...:roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
10-17-2016, 12:40 PM
When you speak with him again: please mention that the lack of proper riding attire was a concern... :shocked:

DJFaninTN
10-17-2016, 01:02 PM
When you speak with him again: please mention that the lack of proper riding attire was a concern... :shocked:

it's a free country so let him ride in what he wants. i tend to do the same when riding along the beach here. interstate traffic gets a little more attention

Bob Denman
10-17-2016, 01:06 PM
While I agree with you: When you're in a video (and posing as someone with a valued opinion...): it's best to try to always set a good example for others out there. nojoke
If I were riding with Pierre, and he just wanted to wear some Oakleys and a jockstrap... I'd have no problem with it...
(As long as I was leading... :shocked:)

OJ UK
10-17-2016, 01:42 PM

Yes Bob I have to agree! No gloves and shorts is a recipe for something unpleasant. A rock flicked up from the rear of a truck will damage you knee or shin!
Even a large flying insect will hurt like hell if it hit your knuckles! HOWEVER....The review was a good one and Pierre (the roughtie-toughtie Canadian) has a wealth of experience.....
(I have a picture somewhere of Pierre wearing a pink ballet dress.....)

Bob Denman
10-17-2016, 01:51 PM
(I have a picture somewhere of Pierre wearing a pink ballet dress.....)

Chupaca
10-17-2016, 02:06 PM

But do have George in a tu tu ... Was our president and lost a bet on the fund raising for the ride for kids...:roflblack:

ARtraveler
10-17-2016, 02:14 PM
A great review. I like the "Harleyesque" design of the new top trunk. It will be interesting to see if they end up with just the F3 model and several ways to make it "yours."

Another alternative: re-design the top trunk on the RT to the same looks and specs. Two full face helmets are good.

No comment about the riding gear. I am sure Pierre knew exactly what he was doing. Everyone ride their own ride. I rode with jeans (Carhart's) all season this year--no protective Kevlar ones.

DJFaninTN
10-17-2016, 10:44 PM
If I were riding with Pierre, and he just wanted to wear some Oakleys and a jockstrap... I'd have no problem with it...

OK .. now there's where I'd draw the line :shocked:

Vegasf3t
10-17-2016, 11:57 PM
The F3 was introduced as a cruiser. This looks like an RT with this large top case. Losing the low profile sporty look that drew me to the F3T .
Doesn't work for me.

PrairieSpyder
10-18-2016, 08:39 AM
That's a very pretty bike: I think that the new top trunk really improves the look! :2thumbs: . . .

The F3 was introduced as a cruiser. This looks like an RT with this large top case. Losing the low profile sporty look that drew me to the F3T .
Doesn't work for me.

If I wanted an RT, I'd have bought another RT. I also prefer the low profile look of the F3T.

As to adding or removing the top box as needed, it's not a quick change. Lamont has a video showing the process. I wouldn't want to do it much.

robmorg
10-18-2016, 09:40 AM
Obviously, it wasn't for Pierre. ;) He just wanted to get his knees in the breeze.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/21592840.jpg

Bob Denman
10-18-2016, 09:42 AM

robmorg
10-18-2016, 09:54 AM
A great review. I like the "Harleyesque" design of the new top trunk. It will be interesting to see if they end up with just the F3 model and several ways to make it "yours."

I like the looks of it too. But I sincerely hope you are WRONG with that prediction. :shocked: While the F3 has it's niche, it sure ain't never going to be "mine". ;)

Copperman
10-18-2016, 11:13 AM
Doesn't work for me.

I have to agree. If I wanted another RT, I would have bought another RT. I hope you can still buy the F3 Limited without the top case.

ARtraveler
10-18-2016, 12:50 PM
I like the looks of it too. But I sincerely hope you are WRONG with that prediction. :shocked: While the F3 has it's niche, it sure ain't never going to be "mine". ;)

My predictions tend to be about three years out. I predicted the RT version would come out in 2008 or so--it happened in 2010. And yes, I bought a Premier Edition. They pretty much copied what I had done to my GS and RS--but got the ride right. Coincidence??????

Also predicted the end of the 998 when the 1330 came out. I like the looks of the F3. The comfort level and riding position(s) are just not for me. I spent my money on a new car this year instead of Spyder number six. If they don't keep the "touring couch," they are going to lose a few of their supporters. IMO, of course.

Will they re-design the RT? It is time, but that is going to be a whole lot of money for BRP. :bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq:

Bob Denman
10-18-2016, 12:55 PM
If they're moving an F3 model into the realm of the touring market: BRP should move the RT to the upper end of the same niche...
Larger saddlebags and top trunk
Larger space for both the rider and passenger
BETTER RADIO SYSTEM
More options for wind management
A built-in Navigation System
It might even be time to consider shaft-drive... :shocked:

robmorg
10-18-2016, 02:49 PM
:agree::agree:

Let's hope your suggestions make their way into AKSpyderman's crystal ball. And while BRP is at it, they should include built-in Bluetooth 4.x (with both receiving and transmitting capability), covered duel USB charging and data terminals up on the glare shield, and keyless ignition, which would be a logical extension of the D.E.S.S. None of those would be all that expensive, but would add loads of convenience for the owner.

And here's a prediction of my own (notwithstanding Dwayne's soothsaying abilities, which have indeed been impressive ;))... For the next several years at least, the RT will remain the Spyder Roadster Flagship, and continue to grow in popularity along with the F3 in it's varying configurations.

Vegasf3t
10-18-2016, 03:06 PM
The 2017 Accessories/ parts catalogue shows a top trunk available for the 2016 F3T.....so if you really love this appendage hanging off the back, plunk down $1500!!

robmorg
10-18-2016, 03:43 PM
While we are talking about wishes for the future, here's one for Chupaca (and several others)... An RS/ST replacement, with a new, more efficient engine, that has the same fun riding characteristics and nimble feeling. Without a crystal ball of my own, I can't call that a "prediction", but it sure would be nice to see. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
10-18-2016, 04:54 PM

:clap: :2thumbs:

armyspydervet
10-18-2016, 07:42 PM
While I agree with you: When you're in a video (and posing as someone with a valued opinion...): it's best to try to always set a good example for others out there. nojoke
Bob, I will pay your lodging at Spyderfest if you do the ride all the way there in nothing but Oakley's and a jock strap!:roflblack:

Chupaca
10-18-2016, 08:48 PM
While we are talking about wishes for the future, here's one for Chupaca (and several others)... An RS/ST replacement, with a new, more efficient engine, that has the same fun riding characteristics and nimble feeling. Without a crystal ball of my own, I can't call that a "prediction", but it sure would be nice to see. :thumbup:

So few of us I guess, so it will all fall on deaf ears....:banghead: but one can still have hope....:pray:

Bob Denman
10-19-2016, 06:58 AM
Bob, I will pay your lodging at Spyderfest if you do the ride all the way there in nothing but Oakley's and a jock strap!:roflblack:

:roflblack: Hi Chris!
If I did that: there'd be tens of thousands of folks irreparably harmed forever! :yikes:

https://youtu.be/bxUfg3uCBbg

robmorg
10-19-2016, 08:17 AM
:roflblack::roflblack:

Don't Look, Ethel !!!

Bob Denman
10-19-2016, 08:31 AM

Chupaca
10-19-2016, 08:45 AM

You done it on a two wheeler now you need to see the difference on a three wheeler...BBBB ( Bare Bones Biker Bob) :roflblack::roflblack:

Pirate looks at --
10-19-2016, 09:00 AM
Doesn't work for me.
But the top case come off!

Pirate looks at --
10-19-2016, 09:02 AM
I have to agree. If I wanted another RT, I would have bought another RT. I hope you can still buy the F3 Limited without the top case.
It's an F3T

Bob Denman
10-19-2016, 09:04 AM
You done it on a two wheeler now you need to see the difference on a three wheeler...BBBB ( Bare Bones Biker Bob) :roflblack::roflblack:
I ride with a W I d e bucket seat under my bottom for a reason! :opps:

Pirate looks at --
10-19-2016, 09:17 AM
As many of you know there has been a big shake up at BRP and much is in flux. A lot of the management team dealing with the Spyder line have been sent packing. There will be many changes coming down the line. Spyder has been spun off as a separate business group at BRP and a newSVP has been appointed to run the business group. Coincedently she used to work for Oakley. The Spyder line continues to be a money looser! I hope this new strategy turns the group around or could we see the end of the line coming soon????:yikes: There will be new sales and marketing strategy employed soon to try and invigorate the product line. I am too sure we can count on a lot of dramatic changes to the product, but that remains to be seen. Stay tuned and see what the future holds!

PrairieSpyder
10-19-2016, 09:24 AM

Bob, I wouldn't look . . . . not much!:yikes:

PrairieSpyder
10-19-2016, 09:28 AM
As many of you know there has been a big shake up at BRP and much is in flux. A lot of the management team dealing with the Spyder line have been sent packing. There will be many changes coming down the line. Spyder has been spun off as a separate business group at BRP and a newSVP has been appointed to run the business group. Coincedently she used to work for Oakley. The Spyder line continues to be a money looser! I hope this new strategy turns the group around or could we see the end of the line coming soon????:yikes: There will be new sales and marketing strategy employed soon to try and invigorate the product line. I am too sure we can count on a lot of dramatic changes to the product, but that remains to be seen. Stay tuned and see what the future holds!

I had not heard about that. Thanks.

Pirate looks at --
10-19-2016, 09:48 AM
Google BRP news! September 29th.

Chupaca
10-19-2016, 10:11 AM

It's sink or swim time...:yikes: hope the new management is good cause there is a lot of stuff going on out there in the three wheel world...

Bob Denman
10-19-2016, 10:15 AM
The Spyder has always occupied the tiniest niche in the market: three-wheeled motorcycles. nojoke
The question becomes: do they grow their market, or expand out of it? :dontknow:

"Bob, I wouldn't look . . . . not much!http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/smilies/22yikes.gif "
Patti,
I'd hate to see you be blinded! :shocked:

ARtraveler
10-19-2016, 02:02 PM

I guess I have to comment a bit on this. I have had the feeling of the end being near or big changes coming. The dropping of the RS lineup, the discontinuation of the 998 twin, and the "leaning" and "meaning" of the current line up are all indicators of things on the horizon.

The RT is in much need of a design re-do. The 1330 engine was indeed a major improvement. The F3 configuration becoming a "universal" :ani29: with a "make it yours" is a good idea, but not everyone likes the ride of the F3. I do not believe the line will survive if they just go to the F3 configuration.

We have already had one dealer discontinue the whole line here in Alaska. The other dealer with two locations has went from a sales unit at both to sales at one and service only at the other. The service unit does not have trained techs and they are not planning on doing so. Based on that, I was beginning to see the handwriting on the wall--way before the announcement above.

The good news---there is a big party planned for next summer in Valcourt. They should have their plans sorted out by then. There is a large possibility of new iron, but that remains to be seen. Bad news at the party would really tick off a whole bunch of people. Just one persons thoughts and I hope the crystal ball is OFF. :bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq:

RudyB
10-19-2016, 04:40 PM
I had not heard about that. Thanks.

I think they would sell a lot more if they were not so overpriced just one mans opinion[emoji122]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kraut
10-20-2016, 04:18 PM

Thanks Bob! Now, how do I get that image unburned/outa my brain?? :shocked:

Bob Denman
10-20-2016, 05:18 PM
:D Not to worry:
This stuff is industrial strength, and is sold in 55 gallon drums also! :thumbup:

Chupaca
10-20-2016, 08:56 PM
I guess I have to comment a bit on this. I have had the feeling of the end being near or big changes coming. The dropping of the RS lineup, the discontinuation of the 998 twin, and the "leaning" and "meaning" of the current line up are all indicators of things on the horizon.

The RT is in much need of a design re-do. The 1330 engine was indeed a major improvement. The F3 configuration becoming a "universal" :ani29: with a "make it yours" is a good idea, but not everyone likes the ride of the F3. I do not believe the line will survive if they just go to the F3 configuration.

We have already had one dealer discontinue the whole line here in Alaska. The other dealer with two locations has went from a sales unit at both to sales at one and service only at the other. The service unit does not have trained techs and they are not planning on doing so. Based on that, I was beginning to see the handwriting on the wall--way before the announcement above.

The good news---there is a big party planned for next summer in Valcourt. They should have their plans sorted out by then. There is a large possibility of new iron, but that remains to be seen. Bad news at the party would really tick off a whole bunch of people. Just one persons thoughts and I hope the crystal ball is OFF. :bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq:

Be a bummer if all those folks going there for the ten year anniversary only find out they are there for the end...:yikes: but then if there is nothing they would have sent everyone a 10 year pin....:roflblack: but if the F3 is the crusier, and the F3 LTD replaces the ST they will still need the nimble sport model....:pray:

ARtraveler
10-21-2016, 02:03 PM
Be a bummer if all those folks going there for the ten year anniversary only find out they are there for the end...:yikes: but then if there is nothing they would have sent everyone a 10 year pin....:roflblack: but if the F3 is the crusier, and the F3 LTD replaces the ST they will still need the nimble sport model....:pray:

My words are based on speculation after much thought. The engine that drives situations like this is profit. I don't have access to P & L's so don't know if the situation is dire or not. The fact that they have changed out some marketing people is good in my opinion. Many times I have come away with "What were they thinking?" The Sturgis reveal comes to mind. How many triple blacks did they sell and did they make a profit on that one?

A scary situation for many of us. I have invested almost $150K in the product since its inception. It has been a good ride, it still is a good ride, but will there be future good rides? No problem if another major manufacturer comes out with similar.

:bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq:

Bob Denman
10-21-2016, 02:05 PM
There's no need to worry about the future...

It's gonna get here, whether you like it, or not! :D

Time will tell the tale...